Anyone else remember these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else remember these?

Some of my very first Science Fiction/Monster books were Whitman or Grosset & Dunlap. I pick these up whenever I find them at a reasonable price. Keith Laumer's Bolo short story "Last Command" Is in Tales of Time and Space. It really made a lasting impression on me. I know I'm a little older then most of Y'all, but did anyone else read these?
    IMG_0374.jpg

I think I have read a few of these. The War of the World Book looks very familiar. Nice stuff.

Comment

I've never read any of those, but man, they look awesome!

Comment

Read and owned a few of them, Tales to Tremble by and More Tales to Tremble by were my favorites. Went on a search for the art in these two books about a year ago and found a guy who bought them all off ebay, including the color cover one, so very envious.

Like you, I pick them up when I find them cheap enough. Trouble is finding ones that are not too beat up, the material for the covers was not the most durable on the spines.

Never seen the King Kong one before, nice score!
        Last edited by paperdragon; 07-28-2014, 05:16 PM.
        If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Condition is almost always an issue since they were kids books, but I'm surprised at what turns up. I have a pretty big collection of TV tie-ins, especially westerns. The photos and art work is really interesting.
          Mike

Comment

I run across these in used bookstores every now and again, but have never picked any up. Maybe I'll have to put some thought into picking some cool ones up. I dig the art and style of them. Nice collection.

Comment

Working...
            X