Multi book deal for DRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi book deal for DRP

So I just got an e-mail stating that Dark Regions Press has just scored a book contract for three ''Anniversary Editions'' of a bestselling author. To be revealed in the next two weeks. Well I have to say I'm interested. Here's what I have gleaned: The e-mail doesn't give any information on the dates of release of the books. So it may be an all at once/over short period of time, or it may be like CD's King releases, released over time as the anniversaries are reached. Then the fact that it's specifically 3 books, makes me think it could be a trilogy. And my last thought on the e-mail is that it states the books are from a bestselling author, but it does not state that these specific novels were bestsellers. So we may be looking at earlier novels of a more famous author.
    I love a good mystery
    Any speculation?

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    So I just got an e-mail stating that Dark Regions Press has just scored a book contract for three ''Anniversary Editions'' of a bestselling author. To be revealed in the next two weeks. Well I have to say I'm interested. Here's what I have gleaned: The e-mail doesn't give any information on the dates of release of the books. So it may be an all at once/over short period of time, or it may be like CD's King releases, released over time as the anniversaries are reached. Then the fact that it's specifically 3 books, makes me think it could be a trilogy. And my last thought on the e-mail is that it states the books are from a bestselling author, but it does not state that these specific novels were bestsellers. So we may be looking at earlier novels of a more famous author.
    I love a good mystery
    Any speculation?
    I also received that email - and was thinking. I am wondering, if it maybe isn't some Clive Barker books - isn't there a re-doing of Hellraiser that Barker is directly involved in coming in the near future? Plus, they did Midnight Meat Train recently...... 2016 would be 25 yrs for Imajica (1991?), as well as 30 years for Hellbound Heart (Hellraiser) (1986).....and 20 for Sacrament too! just thinking out loud.

Comment

I also thought Barker, but Earthling just did Hellbound Heart a few years back so I doubt we're already getting another anniversary edition of that book though I could be wrong. They do use the term "legendary" to describe the author so it's got to be a pretty big name. Who else could.fit that title? Koontz? Straub? Any other suggestions?

Comment

They recently released a new collection from Ramsey Campbell, so that's my guess.

Comment

I was thinking Koontz and Straub honestly, but that would be a huge step up for them. Maybe some 70's Koontz Demon Seed is turning 40 this year I believe. I just have the feeling it'll be a new author for their roster.

Comment

I would agree that Koontz and Straub would be a big jump for them, but with the recent addition of Lansdale, Barker, and Keene to their roster I'd say nothing can be taken off the table. Campbell is a definite possibility. On a side note, isn't Centipede supposed to be doing a two volume set collecting his short fiction?

Comment

I can't tell you yet who it is until the contracts are signed but it's not King (although we'd certainly love to work with big Steve at some point!). I do think you'll like who it is though and we'll have an announcement very soon on it!

- James

Comment

Originally posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
                I can't tell you yet who it is until the contracts are signed but it's not King (although we'd certainly love to work with big Steve at some point!). I do think you'll like who it is though and we'll have an announcement very soon on it!

- James
                Understood - has the name been mentioned in any of the above posts??

Comment

Originally posted by darkdiscoveries View Post

- James
                  Can you give us a hint to feed the fire?
                  Is it a new author to the DRP ranks or one who has worked with you guys before?

Comment

Just got the word that the contracts are signed and winging their way back to Chris and DRP now. So i'll wait until he has it in hand and drops the news, but expect to hear sometime this next week.

It's not anybody DRP has worked with before, but you'll know who he is for sure. And I do have some other projects that we are working on locking in with other big and bigger name authors who also haven't worked with DRP before that I know you guys will like!

- James

Comment

Cool, thanks for keeping us tantalized!

Comment

Very excited to hear the news! Bring on the announcement!

Comment

Big Announcement Coming This Tuesday on Three Anniversary Editions from Legendary Horror Author

We are excited to make the official announcement on three upcoming anniversary/collector's editions from a legendary horror author that we mentioned in a previous newsletter. Make sure you don't miss our broadcast coming on Tuesday, June 24th at 12PM PST for the official news!

Last teaser until Tuesday, but it's on the docket now for the official announcement. We're still narrowing down the 3 book choices out of 10 potential ones. This will be based on which authors are doing intros and so on, but we'll at least announce the authors involved (including the main man).

Thanks for your interest!

- James

Comment

Until that last post I was kind of hoping it'd be Lindqvist just for the absolute coup it'd represent for DRP (Let the Right One In originally came out in 2004, afterall). Now I'm thinking it'll be either Straub or John Saul or someone similar, just based on the number of potential books.

Comment

Richard Laymon to those not on the newsletter.
                              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X