PDA

View Full Version : Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg

Dan Hocker
04-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg
Surprise Brand New Signed Limited Edition Hardcover Rolling At the Printer!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/clegg13.jpg
This is the discussion thread for the Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/clegg13)

CLICK HERE to view this announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2102)

bookworm 1
04-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Anyone else really excited to see a new Douglas Clegg book. I am so excited I wish it was July already.Might have to read one of his classic books before then.

RJK1981
04-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Is this going to be released as an eBook as well? Excited for this, but unable to get it at the moment

srboone
04-16-2014, 02:52 AM
I think I'm gonna pass. Not only because he's an author I'm not really familiar with, but also because I need to build back up a base of books to draw upon so I can order future Grab Bags.

RJK1981
04-16-2014, 12:50 PM
I'd highly recommend reading some Clegg. Definitely an author I enjoy

rusty23
04-16-2014, 01:53 PM
I think I'm gonna pass. Not only because he's an author I'm not really familiar with, but also because I need to build back up a base of books to draw upon so I can order future Grab Bags.

My thoughts exactly.

Martin
04-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Clegg's stories have been hit and miss for me. Wild Things and Isis did nothing for me. On the other side of the coin Afterlife and Night Cage were fantastic stories. I did not jump on this immediately but will probably place an order while I have the CDCC discount available to me. The story sounds good.

saginawhorror
04-16-2014, 05:19 PM
grabbed it when I got the early email. July is going to be a fun month.

bookworm 1
04-16-2014, 10:08 PM
The only Clegg book that I have read that I didn't like was Goat Dance. The rest that I have read. Have been really great.

Sock Monkey
04-17-2014, 05:47 AM
I agree that Clegg's work is a little hit or miss but when it hits it's pretty darn good. This book sounds intriguing. Looking forward to it.

Martin
04-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Completely agree.
I agree that Clegg's work is a little hit or miss but when it hits it's pretty darn good. This book sounds intriguing. Looking forward to it.

Brian James Freeman
04-18-2014, 04:50 AM
Is this going to be released as an eBook as well? Excited for this, but unable to get it at the moment

I think Doug will be putting out an eBook at some point. He's amazingly smart when it comes to eBooks and their marketing, so he handles most of his own projects these days, I think. This one is definitely worth a read in whatever format you can get it in!

Brian

RJK1981
05-04-2014, 05:12 AM
Well the 50% off sale combined with having some room to spend part of my gift certificate money meant I could swing for this title! :D Definitely looking forward to this

T-Dogz_AK47
05-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Well the 50% off sale combined with having some room to spend part of my gift certificate money meant I could swing for this title! :D Definitely looking forward to this

That's really cool, but it's also one of the reasons why we can no longer purchase gift certificates during CD sales... :eek:

Sock Monkey
05-05-2014, 03:52 AM
I was kinda bummed about not being able use the discount on gift certificates as well, but I figured it had more to do with the new King books. Everybody would load up on discounted gift certificates knowing the next book will be announced in six months and essentially everyone would get the book for half off. Can't blame CD for making sure they make their profit; they are running a business after all. I think it's been very generous of them to sell gift certificates for half off in the past. I can't think of many other companies that allow that.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I was kinda bummed about not being able use the discount on gift certificates as well, but I figured it had more to do with the new King books. Everybody would load up on discounted gift certificates knowing the next book will be announced in six months and essentially everyone would get the book for half off. Can't blame CD for making sure they make their profit; they are running a business after all. I think it's been very generous of them to sell gift certificates for half off in the past. I can't think of many other companies that allow that.

Unfortunately, the forthcoming Doubleday Years books are not the reason why we are no longer able to purchase gift certificates during sales, as CD have always been announcing major releases without any issue. Brian confirmed that it's because people were loading up on discounted gift certificates and then using them in conjunction with 50% off coupons, which resulted in CD taking huge losses. A remedy to this needs to be found urgently, if we are ever going to be able to purchase discounted gift certificates ever again. :eek:

For me this is an absolute disaster, because purchasing discounted gift certificates is practically the only way I can afford to budget for CD announcements. :( :(

Sock Monkey
05-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification, T-Dogz.

I can see where discounted gift certificates used during 50% off sales could be really bad for CD. I don't know what the solution could be. Maybe not allow gift certificates as payment during percentage off sales? That wouldn't necessarily be fair to those that hold non-discounted gift certificates, though. Maybe a different code generated for discounted gift certificates that couldn't be used for percentage off sales?

Don't know if any of those ideas would be feasible. Seems like the days of discounted gift certificates might be behind us...

Highbury
05-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Tough predicament. Need a system that allows gift certs purchased on sale to only apply on regular priced books.

bookworm 1
08-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Shipping notice received. New Clegg book is on the way.:)

Sock Monkey
08-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Received my shipping notice as well. The artwork on this one looks incredibly creepy! Can't wait to see it in person!

bookworm 1
08-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Yes. The art work in the book is very creepy. Love it.

Brian James Freeman
08-28-2014, 12:52 AM
This is one of my favorite books we've published so far this year in terms of the story AND the production values. I think it's a really great looking book. I hope everyone else likes it, too!

Brian

RJK1981
08-28-2014, 04:26 AM
Haven't gotten my shipping notice yet. Hoping I get it tomorrow

saginawhorror
08-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Got shipping notice, will probably arrive tuesday.

Martin
08-31-2014, 04:17 PM
No shipping notice for me yet.

RJK1981
09-01-2014, 02:58 AM
No shipping notice for me yet.

Same here. I'm hoping it just didn't get sent

slayn666
09-04-2014, 03:13 AM
For what it's worth, I got my shipping notification email the same day the book arrived (though the email did show the actual shipping date as a few days earlier).

Sock Monkey
09-04-2014, 05:30 AM
Got mine today. It's a pretty cool looking book!

saginawhorror
09-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Got my copy on tuesday. Looks quite cool!