PDA

View Full Version : DRP: World War Cthulhu

srboone
04-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Dark Regions Press is running an indiegogo campaign for a project: Word War Cthulhu: A Collection of Lovecraftian War Stories--19 ORIGINAL tales of battling the Cthulhu mythos from the battle of Troy to the present day.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-war-cthulhu-a-collection-of-lovecraftian-war-stories-with-illustrations

The books purchased through indiegogo are special editions that will not be sold during the public offering. Check out the perks that can be purchased through indigogo.

Since the inception of this campaign, 2 more authors and 10 more illustrations have been added to the book (based on doantions), so that's 21 ORIGINAL stories!!! Only a week left to go on the campaign. I know that a lot of people are strapped now after CD's announcement, but it might be worth a look. I've already bought a Deluxe Slipcased Hardcover perk and am contemplating another one.

Sock Monkey
04-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Yeah, this looks pretty cool. I've been on the fence about this from the get go. I want it but don't need it. As always money is an issue as my wants way out match my wallet. Still have a week to see if I can scrounge up the dough.

saginawhorror
04-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm getting the signed hardcover and 2 paperbacks.

RJK1981
04-15-2014, 08:05 PM
I'd be tempted, but the money isn't going to really allow for it and I don't know when I'd read it

srboone
04-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Another stretch goal has been reached ($14,000 in donations) and another original story has been added to the TOC of World War Cthulhu. That's 22, now! With 4 days to go, it looks like the last stretch goal of $15,000 will be reached--a digital chapbook of the art of WWC for all the backers of this campaign. $367 to go!

Theli
04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
$16k and the book gets 9 new interior illustrations! $1300 in 4 days seems doable. This one is tempting, but I am passing for now. I am liking the new direction DRP has been going in recently.

Sock Monkey
04-17-2014, 03:43 PM
I want this but I'm going to have to pass. Just not enough funds right now. Congrats to all who get this. It looks like it's going to be awesome.

uturnfilms
04-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Just went for the $15 PB

saginawhorror
04-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Yesterday was a good day. Only $56 more and everyone more $50+ will get a lovecraftian figurine. I wonder which one I want?

rusty23
04-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if the editions are signed by all the authors?

Theli
04-18-2014, 02:07 PM
^They are not. Their regular pre-orders will just be signed by the editors, but some of these promos come with author signatures.

Sock Monkey
04-19-2014, 06:09 AM
Glad to hear that this has been so successful. DRP had really started to put out some interesting projects lately. I'm looking forward to the new Tim Waggoner book.

srboone
04-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Over $18,000 now! Cthulhu figurines for all backers over $50 (from the campaign page--the email I got says $150) dollars now, all 24 illustarions in color, 22 stories, an artwork chapbook for all backers! This is getting sweet! With the perks I purchased, this is going to be one memorable package.

srboone
04-20-2014, 03:14 AM
Just got an email about an oil on canvas original by artist Wayne Miller that will be awarded to the first person to contibute $350 to the campaign (thank God for Paypal) and notifies DRP. Maybe my email will be the first!

Theli
04-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Very nice! This has turned into quite the colossal book.

srboone
04-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Thae campaign raised a total of $23,260. Ending tally is 22 original stories (the original 19 will become an audiobook); 24 color illustrations by Wayne Miller; a special signature page created by Vincent Chong for the campaign editions of WWC; a digital chapbook of all the art in WWC for backers; and a figurine from Cthulhu Wars board game by Green Eye Games for backers of over $50. Plus the perks from the packages purchased. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Now I must allow my funds to replenish themselves. In about 2 years! :eek:

saginawhorror
04-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Just read that DRP decided to finish the audiobook anyway. all 22 stories will be an audiobook. Now my main curiosity is who is signing the limited hardcover? I'll find out in a few months.

rusty23
04-21-2014, 08:12 PM
I broke down and ordered the limited hardcover, thanks to this thread. It will be my first DRP book.

srboone
04-22-2014, 03:28 AM
Just read that. That's awesome! One of the perks I purchased was "Get Tuckerised!" so yours truly will be making an appearance in "White Feather" by T.E. Grau--the story of a privateer during the Revolutionary War who is the only survivor of a campaign against the Indians that went horribly wrong. In fact, the author contacted me concerning final edits of the story. How cool is that?

Theli
04-22-2014, 04:42 AM
That is really freaking cool, Squire. I should have hopped on board when the Iniegogo page was still up, I kept humming and hawing over it. Now I'll have to pick it up anyway.

saginawhorror
04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Cool! Going to have to read that story first! Maybe listen to it.

srboone
04-27-2014, 06:26 AM
Got my a copy of White Feather and will be reading it tomorrow. Very excited! :D

srboone
05-12-2014, 05:37 AM
Well, I've been Tuckerised! into White Feather by T.E. Grau and I have sent off my final edits to the author. I'm really happy with the way things have turned out with this project. :cool:

Now the waiting begins.....

Theli
05-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Very cool! Can't wait for this book, it really got the full treatment.

darkdiscoveries
05-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Chris says there will be copies for sale even if you didn't do the Indiegogo campaign (you just won't get the extras!). It's slated for an August release too (on H.P. Lovecraft's Birthday).

- James

darkdiscoveries
08-19-2014, 05:20 PM
World War Cthulhu: A Collection of Lovecraftian War Stories is Now Available at: http://www.darkregions.com/books/world-war-cthulhu-a-collection-of-lovecraftian-war-stories

Featuring 22 stories of Lovecraftian horror and war accompanied by 22 full color interior illustrations, World War Cthulhu: A Collection of Lovecraftian War Stories is one of the most anticipated Dark Regions Press titles of 2014.

Lovecraftian War Stories from the Fall of Troy to the Distant Future

The world is at war against things that slink and gibber in the darkness, and titans that stride from world to world, sewing madness and death. War has existed in one form or another since the dawn of human civilization, and before then, Elder terrors battled it out across this planet and this known universe in ways unimaginable.

It has always been a losing battle for our side since time began. Incidents like the Innsmouth raid, chronicled by H.P. Lovecraft, mere blips of victory against an insurmountable foe. Still we fight, against these incredible odds, in an unending nightmare, we fight, and why? For victory, for land, for a political ideal? No, mankind fights for survival.

Our authors, John Shirley, Mark Rainey, Wilum Pugmire, William Meikle, Tim Curran, Jeffrey Thomas and many others have gathered here to share war stories from the eternal struggle against the darkness. This book chronicles these desperate battles from across the ages, including Roman Britain, The American Civil War, World War Two, The Vietnam Conflict, and even into the far future.

Secure your copy of World War Cthulhu today at: http://www.darkregions.com/books/world-war-cthulhu-a-collection-of-lovecraftian-war-stories

srboone
08-20-2014, 09:13 AM
The third story, "White Feather" by T.E. Grau features an old sea dog named Boone who meets with a grisly end! ;)

paperdragon
08-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Look forward to reading your well deserved demise

saginawhorror
08-21-2014, 02:05 PM
That's the only story I read so far. Got a kick out of being in the contributors list twice. Once by name and once by email.