DRP: World War Cthulhu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRP: World War Cthulhu

Dark Regions Press is running an indiegogo campaign for a project: Word War Cthulhu: A Collection of Lovecraftian War Stories--19 ORIGINAL tales of battling the Cthulhu mythos from the battle of Troy to the present day.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/w...-illustrations

The books purchased through indiegogo are special editions that will not be sold during the public offering. Check out the perks that can be purchased through indigogo.

Since the inception of this campaign, 2 more authors and 10 more illustrations have been added to the book (based on doantions), so that's 21 ORIGINAL stories!!! Only a week left to go on the campaign. I know that a lot of people are strapped now after CD's announcement, but it might be worth a look. I've already bought a Deluxe Slipcased Hardcover perk and am contemplating another one.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Yeah, this looks pretty cool. I've been on the fence about this from the get go. I want it but don't need it. As always money is an issue as my wants way out match my wallet. Still have a week to see if I can scrounge up the dough.

Comment

I'm getting the signed hardcover and 2 paperbacks.

Comment

I'd be tempted, but the money isn't going to really allow for it and I don't know when I'd read it
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Another stretch goal has been reached ($14,000 in donations) and another original story has been added to the TOC of World War Cthulhu. That's 22, now! With 4 days to go, it looks like the last stretch goal of $15,000 will be reached--a digital chapbook of the art of WWC for all the backers of this campaign. $367 to go!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

$16k and the book gets 9 new interior illustrations! $1300 in 4 days seems doable. This one is tempting, but I am passing for now. I am liking the new direction DRP has been going in recently.

Comment

I want this but I'm going to have to pass. Just not enough funds right now. Congrats to all who get this. It looks like it's going to be awesome.

Comment

Just went for the $15 PB

Comment

Yesterday was a good day. Only $56 more and everyone more $50+ will get a lovecraftian figurine. I wonder which one I want?

Comment

Does anyone know if the editions are signed by all the authors?

Comment

^They are not. Their regular pre-orders will just be signed by the editors, but some of these promos come with author signatures.

Comment

Glad to hear that this has been so successful. DRP had really started to put out some interesting projects lately. I'm looking forward to the new Tim Waggoner book.
                        Last edited by Sock Monkey; 04-19-2014, 06:11 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Over $18,000 now! Cthulhu figurines for all backers over $50 (from the campaign page--the email I got says $150) dollars now, all 24 illustarions in color, 22 stories, an artwork chapbook for all backers! This is getting sweet! With the perks I purchased, this is going to be one memorable package.
                          Last edited by srboone; 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just got an email about an oil on canvas original by artist Wayne Miller that will be awarded to the first person to contibute $350 to the campaign (thank God for Paypal) and notifies DRP. Maybe my email will be the first!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice! This has turned into quite the colossal book.

Comment

Working...
                              X