Morbid Thought about Pre-orders LOL!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morbid Thought about Pre-orders LOL!!

How strange the mind is. This truly weird, morbid thought just popped into my head. If I kicked the bucket, my poor wife would be getting packages out of blue for years to come. I mean, I have so many pre-orders, and we all know how long they take sometimes. I mean, I can see her now, just shaking her head. I have to laugh. not like I'm going to stop pre-ordering books. I guess I'll just have to mention it to her a little more often.

I always keep my King collection on an Excel spreadsheet, and one of the tabs has all my pre-orders (not just King, either) so I can keep track of what I have coming. My wife has little desire to see this, but she knows it's there.

John

Comment

It is a bit of a morbid thought, but very sadly this actually happens to us about once a year. We will get a call or email from the spouse of one of or customers asking to cancel all the preorders. It is a very sad thing.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Is this from someone who has died or the spouse finding out about all the preorders? Well that could lead to an untimely end. I thought I was done for this last month. All the packages. For CD it's a good thing to catch up on all the backorder but not so much for the customer. I kept hand her the invoice saying look when this was ordered. I still got a few rolly eyes.
        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        It is a bit of a morbid thought, but very sadly this actually happens to us about once a year. We will get a call or email from the spouse of one of or customers asking to cancel all the preorders. It is a very sad thing.

Comment

I keep all of my pre-orders on an Excel spreadsheet as well. I do this more for me than for those I will leave behind. This way I know what exactly I have ordered as I somehow ended up with duplicates.
          " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
          - Cicero

Comment

I have a list of them all on my computer. I hope one of my pre-orders take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
              I keep all of my pre-orders on an Excel spreadsheet as well. I do this more for me than for those I will leave behind. This way I know what exactly I have ordered as I somehow ended up with duplicates.
              I do the same thing, though I keep mine in an Access database as I prefer that for keeping things in database form, especially since I have no need for a spreadsheet. I do it so I know what I have and what I am waiting for, though I occasionally forget to put something in it. It is also good for insurance reasons as well in case something happens. Taking pictures and posting them here also helps though, most likely.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

the collections go in an excel spreadsheet with a tab for each author. books ordered by not received sit in the email inbox. Surprising how old some of those emails are.

Comment

Working...
                X