This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wool Trilogy by Hugh Howey - Subterranean Press

Sub Press is publishing the Wool Trilogy to be released in the summer of 2014.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...e_wool_trilogy

They look nice but is $60.00 per book the normal S/L price for Sub Press? Also do you know if there is any interior artwork?

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    Sub Press is publishing the Wool Trilogy to be released in the summer of 2014.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...e_wool_trilogy
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

No clue on the interior art but $60 seems about right.

Comment

Yea. Seems like a good deal. Tough to come up with that much money up front. I wonder if they are going to do the same thing for Books of Blood?

Comment

I just read that trilogy...got up to volume 7 and stopped to read some other stuff. Good story!

Comment

The original Wool omnibus is one I still haven't got to. It's in stores everywhere now, and I really do want to read it, but I won't be buying the SubPress set - It's out of my price range and priorities for books are elsewhere right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              The original Wool omnibus is one I still haven't got to. It's in stores everywhere now, and I really do want to read it, but I won't be buying the SubPress set - It's out of my price range and priorities for books are elsewhere right now.
              Out of my price range as well. Maybe get it on the secondary market sometime, but I dunno about that yet. I have 2 out of the 3 omnibus editions, though I still need to actually read them.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

When will these be shipping? ordered mine through CD

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                  When will these be shipping? ordered mine through CD
                  bump

Comment

Got my numbered set from Camelot today. Beautiful books, but I'm still envious of Joe315's lettered set. Not likely to ever see one of those in person.

Dan,
                    Help Tommy get his set.

Comment

Joe's lettered set is crazy; I'm really jealous as well.

Not sure how highly I recommend this, but I got my limited set through Barnes and Noble.

There are major cons. First, it's not a matching set. Second, B&N (and Amazon) can't handle storage and shipping with the same level of care as our favorite small presses - not even close. Mine were in great shape when I received them, all 3, but 2 of the 3 had some very minor wear on the jacket. No abuse, but they just weren't handled with love.

Significant pros here, too. They're about $40 each, as opposed to $180 for the set of 3. You can also, if you'd like, just order Wool. If you're a B&N member you already know that shipping is free and fast. Members also get the 20%-30% off coupons every once in a while, and it's these types of things I save them for.

My set is unmatched, in near-perfect but not perfect condition, and cost $122 all told. Like I said, it's debateable and not for everyone, but for those on the fence this may be an option. Never saw these on Amazon, but B&N still has some.

Also linking to the book review section if anyone unfamiliar with the story wants a quick low-down on Wool.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post69331
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I have ordered a limited edition from amazon before and won't again. I'd rather pay the extra money to have it delivered in new condition.

For those that ordered the trilogy from Subterranean Press, Hugh sent ebooks of the set to everyone through Bill. Even though I already had them, it was a very cool thing to see in my inbox.
                        Last edited by Joe315; 07-18-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I've ordered through large distributors probably 6-8 times, and it's alwasy risky. They're not actually familiar with what 'new' condition is. I'm still conflicted about my Wool set, and border on regretting not paying the extra probably $70 - 80 to have perfect, matching set. Had a few good experiences along the way, too.

I think maybe the only ones would could really make out well here with B&N would be the ones who only wanted the first book and are willing to roll the dice.
                          -John Barth

Comment

I just received my copies and they are quite nice, bigger than I thought, I had requested Bill from SP to send the copies numbered 446 to CD so they could send them to me since I ordered through CD (wanted to match my copies of the UK limiteds ) But instead I got copies #582, Mindy is out of the office so I thought I would ask on here if anyone who ordered though CD happen to have got that number and are willing to do a swap?
                            Thanks,
                            Tommy

Comment

Just checked, and not I, but good luck to you in finding your number!
                              -John Barth

Comment

Working...
                              X