Writing prompts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing prompts

I have been following this site on Facebook for a while, and have been noticing a daily writing prompt popping up in my feed over the last couple months, which I haven't done any of yet, but think I should start soon since NaNoWriMo is over for the year. The site is called writer's write, which has a lot of writing related pages. The main site is located at http://writerswrite.co.za/

The daily writing prompt is located at http://writers-write-creative-blog.p...ting%20prompts

Here is today's writing prompt

medium_Writing_Prompt_228.jpg

If people are interested I can try to remember to put up each day's prompt. Heck, people could do the prompts and post them here if interested. Obviously if you think you'd use what you write for the prompt you may not want to post that.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Good idea, but I don't think anything could beat Robert Bloch's "The Night Before Christmas".
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Well it's not about quality or comparing to some of the top talent, it's about actually getting the imagination and creativity flowing. I meant to write something for that last night, but ended up getting distracted, mainly by a video game (Dead Space). Might try doing that one tonight though. Today's prompt really is only about imagination and not to get you writing. Might try to do something with some of the other previous days too.
      Spoiler!

Comment

I was distracted last night also (by the awesome win by our Ravens on MNF). My point wasn't to compare, just that the end of that story is so iconic in my mind. Similar to seeing a call for stories a few months ago for a Krampus anthology. Krampus is a dark version/antithesis to Santa Claus. I thought about it for a few minutes, but knew anything I tried would in some way copy and pale in comparison to Donald Westlake's "Nackles". (Everyone, if you haven't read that story, find a copy and read it)

Post the next one, and we'll give it a try. I need something to get me back in the groove. I hope to take a story class at the community college to keep things moving.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Today's is better than yesterday's

medium_Writing_Prompt_279.jpg
          Spoiler!

Comment

Today's make you think even more

medium_Writing_Prompt_280.jpg
            Spoiler!

Comment

That is a interesting site. It is similar to a technique my creative writing teacher introduced to me.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
              X