Good news regarding A Carnivāle of Horror - PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news regarding A Carnivāle of Horror - PS Publishing

This week's newsletter from PS Publishing confirmed that Pete was almost at the point of completely cancelling the upcoming deluxe edition of A Carnivāle of Horror and issuing full refunds to everyone who had pre-ordered the book, due to the signing sheets going AWOL in the post.

However, the signing sheets have now been safely found and final signatures added. These signatures sheets have been tipped in and finished jacketed copies of this deluxe anthology are due to be mailed out next week.

With contributor signatures taken from the likes of Joe Hill, Will Elliott, James Lovegrove, Peter Crowther, Andrew McKiernan, Muriel Gray, Rob Shearman, John Connolly, Alison Littlewood, Paul Finch, Lou Morgan, Thomas Monteleone, Rio Youers and featuring additional material from some truly great horror writers who are no longer with us such as Ray Bradbury, Tod Robbins, Tom Reamy and Charles Finney - this is set to be an absolutely stunning collection of some of the finest horror out there.

Below is a synopsis of A Carnivāle of Horror taken from the PS Publishing website:

The circus and fairground have long been associated as much with menace as they have with fun. Now, gathered together in one impressive volume from PS are some of the best examples of weird and horrific fiction from the big top.

• Introduction: Horror of the Carnivāle by Marie O’Regan & Paul Kane
    • Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury
    • A Flat Patch of Grass - Muriel Gray
    • Some Children Wander By Mistake - John Connolly
    • Spurs (AKA Freaks) - Tod Robbins
    • Tiger, Tiger - Rio Youers
    • Blind Voices - Tom Reamy
    • Mister Magister - Thomas F. Monteleone
    • Twittering From The Circus of The Dead - Joe Hill
    • The Pilo Family Circus - Will Elliott
    • Face of The Circus - Lou Morgan
    • Escardy Gap - Peter Crowther & James Lovegrove
    • The Circus of Dr Lao - Charles Finney
    • In The Forest of The Night - Paul Finch
    • All The Clowns in Clowntown - Andrew McKiernan
    • Nine Letters About Spit - Robert Shearman
    • To Run Away and Join The Circus - Alison Littlewood

Below is the stunning artwork for the dust jacket:

A%20Carnivale%20of%20Horror%20Spread.jpg

The deluxe signed edition of this book is strictly limited to 100 copies and with only a few copies of this left, you will need to act real fast if you want to bag yourself a copy before they completely sell out.

The PS Publishing website is advertising this book at only Ģ39.99 (approx $65) which is an absolute steal when you consider all of the signatures and extra material added. I didn't hesitate on this and I have already ordered my copy!!!!

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/a-carn...ane-1407-p.asp
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 11-16-2013, 09:36 PM.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Wow is Ray Bradbury's whole story in this collection or the short story. Something Wicked is just under 300 pages alone.

Comment

I assume it is the short as this book is listed as just shy of 300 pages. I have had this one on order for quite some time and am happy to see it is shipping soon.
      Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Wow is Ray Bradbury's whole story in this collection or the short story. Something Wicked is just under 300 pages alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I assume it is the short as this book is listed as just shy of 300 pages. I have had this one on order for quite some time and am happy to see it is shipping soon.
        Yeah it's the short story, but still a truly epic anthology. I can't wait to have this arrive at my door!!!
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Good to hear everything worked and the sig. sheets were found. Looks like a really cool anthology!

Comment

Yea I might bite. Might as I have something else I would like to get more.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Yea I might bite. Might as I have something else I would like to get more.
              There are only a few copies left. You'll kick yourself if you miss this awesome book. Guaranteed!
              - Stephen King

Comment

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, it looks amazing, and was only #101 of 200. Considering the price, I'm surprised that there are still so many left

Comment

I don't think they ship in sequence. I ordered mine about a year before release and I got number 157.
                  Originally posted by Bango Skank View Post
                  Just got mine in the mail yesterday, it looks amazing, and was only #101 of 200. Considering the price, I'm surprised that there are still so many left

Comment

This is definitely an awesome book and at such a great price, everyone should grab one quick before they all disappear!!!
                    - Stephen King

Comment

I received this today-obviously haven't read it yet, but was surprised by how small it is. For some reason I was expecting a much bigger book.

Comment

Working...
                      X