You Can't Kill Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Can't Kill Stephen King

Since this was a very limited movie in terms or screenings and I can't find a place to buy it, I thought if anyone still really wants to see it, it is now available by "other means" Which I know a few of your are against but since its the only way I have found then it must be done..

Also, I thought I created a thread when I first found this movie but I can't find it so Dan or Squire can feel free to move this if they find it. I was mostly too lazy to look very far.

The DVD of the film is available at Amazon for around $12.

See link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Cant-Kil...l+stephen+king

It's Region B (Europe), so you may need a DVD player with multi-region capability.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Oh thanks T. I'm to worried I would order it and have it not work. Let me know if you find a regular version. Must be out there somewhere since its an american movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        Oh thanks T. I'm to worried I would order it and have it not work. Let me know if you find a regular version. Must be out there somewhere since its an american movie.
        I think I saw them on ebay.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          I think I saw them on ebay.

Instagram

Comment

Your post duplicated, Dan. I checked ebay and they are only the region 2 DVD's

Comment

There are also several copies of the film that are Region 4 (Australia / New Zealand) selling on Ebay, but that is not very helpful as you need Region 1.

I have been trying to find this for you, but for some reason it is only available in either Region 2 or Region 4 formats. I am quite surprised because it's usually me that is pissed about Region coding as America normally gets everything movie related. I used to get annoyed quite frequently when trying to find a movie on Blu Ray or DVD, only to discover that it was only available on a locked Region 1 format.

There is a website called dvdexploder.com that details information about how you can legally unlock the region coding on your DVD player by simply entering a code on your DVD remote control.

I have attached a link for you:

http://www.dvdexploder.com/

The following information is taken from their website:

Unlock your DVD player using a remote control unlock code. This service has been created to free players from region locks, added by manufacturers to control movie distribution. This is achieved by tapping simple DVD codes into your player using its remote control. Once the DVD sequence has been entered, your player will become region free. Multi-region unlock codes will free the power of your player allowing you to watch movies from anywhere in the world. DVDExploder ensures a first class experience, offering personal code research and rapid customer service. We describe ourselves as 'Number One' in the DVD code industry.

Making your DVD player multi-region can be done in a matter of seconds by tapping simple machine specific codes into your remote control. Once the DVD region unlock is activated you'll IMMEDIATELY gain access to region free capabilities. A DVD change for the better! Of course, once you've freed your player, you'll be able to play films from all over the world.

Unlike many DVD unlock solutions, using region-free handset codes means you DO NOT have to alter the mechanics of your player at all. This means NO chipping and NO soldering will be involved that would otherwise invalidate your warranty.

Each player is assigned a code for the region in which it's sold, as seen on the map below. To the immense annoyance of film watchers worldwide, players will refuse to play discs not coded for its specific region. In effect, this means that a DVD purchased in one country is unreadable on a player bought in another region. Many people believe that region restrictions are an illegal barrier of trade, although no legal cases have yet to establish this. We can only hope that some day soon, all players will be manufactured region free. Until that day, DVDExploder endeavours to make your DVD player region free - 100% legally

The site seems genuine enough, and if you only have to enter a code into your DVD player there shouldn't be any risks involved for you.

I bought a multi-region DVD player several years ago, specifically for the purpose of being able to watch Region 1 movies. However, it was quite expensive at the time. If I had known about this website before I had bought the DVD player, I would have gone down the route of just entering the code and saved myself a ton of money.

I hope this helps!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

I've used the region unlock on a few DVD players over the years. If you google your current DVD player (eg: "Philips+model#+unlock") you may find the instructions out there.

If you have a home PC with an extra disk bay, you can buy a cheap DVD player and set it to Region 2, then rip a copy to your PC and burn it on a Region 1 DVD burner. Not as easy to set up, but not difficult, and only costs $20 or so.

Comment

You could also watch it on a laptop or something. Region locking is typically software based and can typically be easily gotten around via software. That said have you looked for it digitally via the iTunes store or other similar stores?

Instagram

Comment

I have it illegally and just watched it last night. Part of me is glad I didn't pay for it the other part says but someone put alot of work and money into this and its not going to make any so I feel bad for doing it at the same time

Comment

Working...
                    X