What one would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What one would you pick?

I need some help deciding on what two books to pick. Audible.com has a special going on for Halloween right now, two for one. You have to pick from the list they put together. I'm stuck on Ghoul by Brian Keene, Ghost Story by Peter Straub and Wool by Hugh Howey.
    So what two would you pick?
    "now youes can't leave"
    A Bronx Tale
    directed by Robert De Niro.

It's a no brainer for me, I would definitely pick Ghost Story by Peter Straub, as my first choice. That book is awesome.

The second choice I would probably go with Ghoul by Brian Keene.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

I'd pick Wool as one of the 2. I really enjoyed that one as you can probably guess from my collection thread.

Comment

Wool and Ghoul.

Comment

I'm not sure what I would pick. Was considering whether to do this as well, but probably will pass. I personally wouldn't get Wool as I have the eBook and can get the Audible version for $2. I will probably play a sample from it, but the negatives to that one mention the character voices from the narrator.

One title in the list of options that sounds good though is The Bone House by Brian Freeman (Not the Freeman here), so I may do the 2 for 1 and figure out what else to get along with that one. Maybe Speaks the Nightbird, maybe something else from the few that sound good. Not a lot I am all that interested in though, especially not the ones that are like part 3 or whatever of a series. I have a lot of books in my wishlist though, so we'll see.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Never read Wool, but I have read Ghoul and I would stay away from that one. Ghost Story is my favorite horror novel.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ghost Story would be an easy pick for me. I would probably flip a coin to decide between the other two. Ghost Story is a great read.

Comment

Ghost Story for sure. That is the only book (out of the 15,000 or so that I've read) that has ever given me a nightmare.

I haven't read Wool yet, but I've been meaning to get it. I'd go for that over Ghoul.

Comment

For me, Ghost Story without doubt, and the second one I would pick is Wool - I really really missed the chance to get the first edition (I think) when it was independently on Amazon, and still want to get a pb copy of that one one of these days.

That being said - I have never tried an audio book.

Comment

Definitely Ghost Story! Then probably Ghoul
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Ghost Story and WOOL, haven't read the Keene book yet but I love those other two!

Comment

Ghost Story!! I really liked Wool too.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. I have so busy at work I completely forgot that the deal ended last night. I will just have to wait till the next sale they have.
                          "now youes can't leave"
                          A Bronx Tale
                          directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Working...
                          X