Dust Jacket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust Jacket question

As some of you may know, when I started my King collection long ago, I used to hit up the local used book stores. As a result, I ended up with many old hardcovers that did not have dust jackets. I made a poor decision to make my entire collection match, and thus trashed most of the remaining dust jackets. Now I regret that decision. I've considered creating my own, using my artwork and some design work--something I have to look into. But does anyone know of a place I can track down actual replacements?
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

I have done a bit of research for you Ozzy and I may have found something for you.

A company called Facsimile Dust Jackets LLC are selling reproduction dust jackets for old and hard to find books. A quick search revealed dust jackets for first edition copies of both Carrie and Salem's Lot. The cost of a reproduction dust jacket from their website is around $20.

I have attached the link to their website for you. Good Luck!

http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/...455/index.html
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Please be aware that to serious collectors a dust jacket makes up 60-80% of the value of a King book. A facsimile dust jacket does not add to the value of the book should you decide to sell it. (They DO look good on the shelf, though!)

John

Comment

Thanks T-Dogz, I'll check them out. If I can find the time I may also try to do my own thing to go over them.

I also do realize that, Jhanic. I don't plan to sell any of my copies, so that shouldn't be a problem. I think about all I have of those that people would find of interest are some 1st edition books, but as they aren't signed or numbered I doubt they would hold much trade value. This is more for aesthetic purposes and to protect them, make them last long enough to pass down to the kids. I've started a new shelf for my collectible books, and even of those I only have one I'd be willing to part with, and only because it is a double (5 Strokes to Midnight with Braunbeck, Picirilli, Leblanc, Schwaeble, and Golden).

Thanks for the info, though, both of you.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thanks! I've got a few older books with ripped DJs that I would mind seeing with new ones (even fascimiles). And if you make any of your own Ken, let us know!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
          X