PDA

View Full Version : coderedx's Collection

coderedx
10-16-2013, 03:23 AM
I've enjoyed reading about everybody else's collections, so I thought I'd start a collection of my own.

Stephen King
Secretary of Dreams Volume 1 Gift Edition
Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 Gift Edition
It Gift Edition
The Green Mile (SubPress) Gift Edition
Under the Dome Collector's Edition
Stephen King Goes to the Movies (SubPress)
Nearly all of his other books in first edition...

Sadly, I don't have any books signed by King. :(

Orson Scott Card
First Meetings S/L 78/350 (SubPress)
Ender's Game Signed Easton Press
A War of Gifts Signed First Edition
Ender in Exile S/L 41/100
Speaker for the Dead Easton Press
Speaker for the Dead Signed First
Xenocide S/L 166/300
Children of the Mind S/L 74/100
Ender's Shadow Signed ARC
Shadow of the Hegemon S/L 36/100
Shadow Puppets S/L W/100
Shadow of the Giant S/L 26/100
Shadows in Flight Signed First

I also have ARCs and first editions of many of his other books; most of them are signed. Of note is an Easton Press signed first edition of Maps in a Mirror. I'd really like to get my hands on a S/L copy of Ender's Shadow. However, they're usually way overpriced when they come on the market.

Other Authors
Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon S/L (SubPress)
Angel's Game S/L (SubPress)
The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition S/L PC
Pillars of the Earth Inscribed to Me by Ken Follet
Franklin Library Copy of Dante's Divine Comedy
Signed Copies of Shivers I & Shivers III, Unsigned Copy of Shivers VII
Walpuski's Typewriter

srboone
10-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Nice titles. Any picutres to share?

coderedx
10-16-2013, 03:32 AM
And now here is my most wanted list (which I'll update from time-to-time):

1. Children of the Mind S/L
2. Ender's Shadow S/L
3. Ender's Game S/L (Although I've NEVER seen one come up for auction! I've emailed Hatrack River to see if such a book exists, but they never responded.)
4. Doctor Sleep Gift Edition (Help me out, Cemetery Dance!)
5. SubPress Angel's Game S/L by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Widely available, but I refuse to pay more than $35.)
6. SubPress NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
7. Full Dark No Stars Gift Edition
8. The Exorcist / Legion Copy by Lonely Road Books
9. Lord of the Rings / Hobbit in Either Easton Press or Folio Society (Widely available, but not in my price point.)
10. Chronicles of Narnia in Either Easton Press or Folio Society (Widely available, but not in my price point.)

coderedx
10-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Pictures to come soon! I have to dust off the old digital camera...

frik51
10-18-2013, 05:56 PM
And now here is my most wanted list (which I'll update from time-to-time):

7. Full Dark No Stars Gift Edition

Got one for you!
See my "for sale" thread.

sk

Theli
10-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Codered: Ender's Game was issued by Easton Press in a limited signed format. You can also get the original novellette in a signed limited, I think it's called First Meetings, Sub. Press released it.

coderedx
10-19-2013, 01:36 AM
One of my most wanted has been found! I was able to snag Angel's Game on eBay cheap.

coderedx
10-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Codered: Ender's Game was issued by Easton Press in a limited signed format. You can also get the original novellette in a signed limited, I think it's called First Meetings, Sub. Press released it.

I actually own both of those. Thanks for the info!

coderedx
10-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Got one for you!
See my "for sale" thread.

sk

Private message sent!

Theli
10-19-2013, 03:57 AM
I actually own both of those. Thanks for the info!

Didn't notice at the top, just saw the want list, my bad :p . I look forward to seeing the pictures, I really want the EP Ender's game.

coderedx
10-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Didn't notice at the top, just saw the want list, my bad :p . I look forward to seeing the pictures, I really want the EP Ender's game.

Pictures to come tomorrow! I promise!

My EP version of Ender's Game is the most I've ever paid for a book... $290. I know that is nothing compared to what some folks spend on a regular basis on this forum, but until recently, I was a poor graduate student!

Theli
10-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Pictures to come tomorrow! I promise!

My EP version of Ender's Game is the most I've ever paid for a book... $290. I know that is nothing compared to what some folks spend on a regular basis on this forum, but until recently, I was a poor graduate student!

That's probably about the same as the most as I have spent on one book.

srboone
10-19-2013, 04:24 AM
I spent $600 on EP's The Kelmscott Chaucer. But I was able to pay it off in monthly installments, otherwise, I never would have gotten it.

frik51
10-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Private message sent!

And sent you a reply!

sk

Ben Staad
10-28-2013, 03:01 AM
TMI!

I spent $600 on EP's The Kelmscott Chaucer. But I was able to pay it off in monthly installments, otherwise, I never would have gotten it.

TJCams
10-28-2013, 04:27 PM

Damn!!!! I think the closest I've spent that much on anything for "myself", which doesn't include house, car, essentials.... was probably the $350.00 I dropped on my last pair of skates (and they were a good deal on sale too). LOL

coderedx
11-01-2013, 04:42 PM
My apologies for slacking on the pictures above! I promise to get some this weekend.

I've acquired copies of Children of the Mind and Angel's Game. The former cost me an arm and a leg, but the latter was only $30. I've updated my original post. Here's my new most wanted:

1. Ender's Shadow S/L
2. Ender's Game S/L
3. Doctor Sleep Gift Edition (Help me out, Cemetery Dance!)
4. SubPress NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
5. Full Dark No Stars Gift Edition
6. The Exorcist / Legion Copy by Lonely Road Books
7. Lord of the Rings / Hobbit in Either Easton Press or Folio Society (Widely available, but not in my price point.)
8. Chronicles of Narnia in Either Easton Press or Folio Society (Widely available, but not in my price point.)

I hope everybody had a great halloween!

coderedx
11-14-2014, 04:03 AM
I really need to update this thread. I'll do that this weekend. But here's my latest addition, from the event in Kansas City. The signature looks a bit funny to me: his hand must have been getting tired!

Theli
11-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Very cool, congrats!