The Shining back in theaters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shining back in theaters!

Was just on Fandango.com and it's showing that Kubrik's "The Shining" is returning to theaters starting 27October. I don't know how long it will be playing.

The run time is listed as 1:59 as opposed to the original run time of 2:26, which is diappointing. Okay, maddening. But I missed it in the theaters in 1981, so I'll be there! Probably multiple times!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Any idea why there is a different running time? Is this like a cut for t.v. version?? I would love to see it on the big screen, but I think the shortening part would just piss me off.

Comment

I think the 1:59 version is an International cut that Kubrik made. It supposedly excises scenes that deal with the outside world and Tony. I can't imagine why they would show THAT in American theaters.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Rottentomatoes.com shows that the 1:59 minute version was also the American theatrical releae run time.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I would absolutely love to watch The Shining on the big screen.

However, all this is fairly redundant for me as it is not showing in cinemas within the UK.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

In the US, AMC Theaters will be showing The Shining 2 days only. Sunday 27Oct and Wednesday 30Oct.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Tomorrow at 2pm (only one showing at my theater); in the US, anyway.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Tomorrow at 2pm (only one showing at my theater); in the US, anyway.
                So envious about this. I would love to see The Shining on the big screen.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

Next Sunday and Wednesday, Dirty Harry is back in town!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The Shining was playing at the local drive-in last night.
                    " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                    - Cicero

Comment

That's awesome! And for anybody thinking about going to The Shining on Wednesday (the last day it's playing), the version that is being shown is the 142 minute version (which omits the scene in which Wendy is told they could not find jack's body).
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                      X