PDA

View Full Version : Five Lost Screenplays by William Peter Blatty!

Dan Hocker
10-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Five Lost Screenplays by William Peter Blatty!
Five Separate Limited Edition Volumes Housed In One Beautiful Slipcase!
A Signed Collectible Set With A Print Run Determined By The Collectors!
Viva Las Vegas, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Mastermind, Handcarved Coffins, and Demons Five, Exorcists Nothing

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_blatty02.jpg

This is the discussion thread for the Five Lost Screenplays by William Peter Blatty announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (Five Lost Screenplays by William Peter Blatty!)

CLICK HERE to view the announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?1936)

bookworm 1
10-02-2013, 01:01 AM
I got my copy. This looks good. Anyone else?

srboone
10-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Looks great! Unfortunately, I can't go for it at this time. I love reading screenplays. :(

Brian James Freeman
10-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Looks great! Unfortunately, I can't go for it at this time. I love reading screenplays. :(

This isn't ideal timing for a lot of people, unfortunately. I hope you can pick up a set down the road because these were a lot of fun to read. I wasn't trying to use hyperbole in the sales copy -- some of them really are like experiencing an alternate film universe where things turned out very differently.

Brian

srboone
10-02-2013, 05:49 AM
This isn't ideal timing for a lot of people, unfortunately. I hope you can pick up a set down the road because these were a lot of fun to read. I wasn't trying to use hyperbole in the sales copy -- some of them really are like experiencing an alternate film universe where things turned out very differently.

Brian

A alternate version of One Flew over the Cukoo's Nest to star Kirk Douglas? I'd get the set (if I could) just dor that!

Brian James Freeman
10-02-2013, 06:15 AM
A alternate version of One Flew over the Cukoo's Nest to star Kirk Douglas? I'd get the set (if I could) just dor that!

It was definitely going to be different. ;)

Brian

bookworm 1
10-02-2013, 08:54 AM
I think that is what interests me most. That and Viva Las Vegas. I sure hope this sells well. This is the one you were talking about going to the printer in November. Will it ship before the end of the year?

RJK1981
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about screenplays, but this does look like it would be cool to have! Don't have money for this unfortunately. Hopefully I have the money for the next LRB edition, though I am sure that I won't

Brian James Freeman
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I think that is what interests me most. That and Viva Las Vegas. I sure hope this sells well. This is the one you were talking about going to the printer in November. Will it ship before the end of the year?

The books will be done around the beginning of January -- depending on how long the printer closes for the holidays, usually two weeks -- and the slipcases will take 10 to 12 weeks after that. I don't want to have the slipcases built from the sizing of the dummy books because I've seen too many multiple book sets where the case ended up way too tight because dummy books aren't perfect. :)

Brian

Sock Monkey
10-02-2013, 05:50 PM
For those who love screenplays, this set looks awesome! I am particularly intrigued by One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!

Brian James Freeman
10-02-2013, 06:12 PM
For those who love screenplays, this set looks awesome! I am particularly intrigued by One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!

Yep, some people aren't into reading screenplays, which I completely understand, but for those who enjoy the form or for those who want to read something a little different, there's an amazing range to this set. They're really a lot of fun to read.

Brian

csayers
10-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Just lashed out and ordered the signed. Hard to say no with the diversity of screenplays here.

bookworm 1
10-04-2013, 03:28 AM
Looks like my wife will still have to get me a Christmas present then.:o
The books will be done around the beginning of January -- depending on how long the printer closes for the holidays, usually two weeks -- and the slipcases will take 10 to 12 weeks after that. I don't want to have the slipcases built from the sizing of the dummy books because I've seen too many multiple book sets where the case ended up way too tight because dummy books aren't perfect. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I forgot to post last week that the Lettered Edition has sold out!

Teriw
10-16-2013, 07:05 PM
I wanted to get this one just to have it. I dont even care to read it, its just something I think its pretty awesome. lol. Again, shipping rates stopped me even with the gift card it was too much at the time. Having responsibilities sucks. haha. Need winter tires this year, I don't feel like meeting a ditch again this year because alberta won't use salt...damn you alberta. Altho that is the reason my 03 Sebring is rust free..ENTIRELY. Christmas is coming too....huff...

Brian James Freeman
10-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Having responsibilities sucks.

Truer words have never been posted on this forum. :)

Martin
10-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Broke down and ordered the limited today. I am not big on screenplays but each time I pass on something from Lonely Road I regret it as soon as I see the finished product. Also the concept intrigues me.

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Broke down and ordered the limited today. I am not big on screenplays but each time I pass on something from Lonely Road I regret it as soon as I see the finished product. Also the concept intrigues me.

Thank you for your order!

Brian

bookworm 1
10-27-2013, 01:55 AM
So now the wait begins. Looking forward to seeing what this will look like.

ClydeUmney
10-30-2013, 07:38 AM
What did the print run on this one turn out to be for the signed/limited? Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
10-30-2013, 02:27 PM
What did the print run on this one turn out to be for the signed/limited? Thanks!

I'll post the final tally next week, most likely. Waiting to see if some checks arrive from customers who ordered but did not pay yet.

Brian

pennynutter
11-04-2013, 01:12 AM
I passed on this one; now the regret is settling in . . . .

bookworm 1
11-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Will those orders be subtracted from the total or is there a chance they will be offered as a second chance offer? Already got my copy but was wondering about those who missed out and have big regrets. Just looking out for my fellow book lovers.:)
I'll post the final tally next week, most likely. Waiting to see if some checks arrive from customers who ordered but did not pay yet.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Will those orders be subtracted from the total or is there a chance they will be offered as a second chance offer? Already got my copy but was wondering about those who missed out and have big regrets. Just looking out for my fellow book lovers.:)

There always ends up being a few cancellations between announcement and publication, so I'm sure there will be a few copies that need to be sold when the books and slipcases are done next year!

Brian

drain74
12-22-2013, 03:01 AM

I have seen on the information page for this title on the Lonely Road page that the print run will be 390, a rather low number.

bookworm 1
12-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Wow that is low. I am happy to have gotten in on this one.

uturnfilms
07-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Any updates on this one?

Brian James Freeman
07-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Any updates on this one?

As soon as Blatty can sign the signature sheets, we'll be off to the printer!

Brian

bsaenz24
07-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the update Brian. I'm really looking forward to this one!!

Robert Fulman
05-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Are we still waiting on Blatty's signature for this?

Brian James Freeman
05-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Are we still waiting on Blatty's signature for this?

Yes, but I think Bill will have time this summer. It's a neat looking set of books.

Brian

uturnfilms
07-29-2016, 05:06 AM
Anything new?

Martin
07-29-2016, 05:19 AM
Anything new?

This was Brian's update from mid June:
And finally, we have everything we need for the William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection and this title will be started at the printer near the end of July with a late November publication date planned. This might end up being December because we cannot start the slipcases into production until we have finished copies of ALL five volumes since we want to make sure the slipcases fit just right!
Thank you, as always, for your support and your patience with these projects!

The Lonely Road Update page is here : http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/category/news/

bookworm 1
07-31-2016, 04:23 AM
Great to hear this. I didn't get any email updates on this one and have been so busy that I haven't had the time to check out the LRB web site.

Martin
07-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Great to hear this. I didn't get any email updates on this one and have been so busy that I haven't had the time to check out the LRB web site.

If I remember correctly (50/50 chance) the email simply stated 'There is a big update posted on the LRB website with a link'. I am really looking forward to this one!

adman75
08-01-2016, 03:29 PM
I also seem to remember "Exorcist of the 21st Century" for a book club or collectors club that is owed as well. I haven't heard anything on this project in years. Any updates?

Robert Fulman
09-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Can we get an update on this set? It's been more than a year since the last update, and Mr. Blatty has passed away since then.

Brian James Freeman
09-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Can we get an update on this set? It's been more than a year since the last update, and Mr. Blatty has passed away since then.

Everything's basically ready for the printer now. I've been bogged down in dealing with THE FALL (Lettered Edition is almost done) and THE VAMPYRICON (same deal, Lettered Edition will ship this fall), but these five volumes will be sent as soon as possible. The slipcases and traycases for the set won't be started until the printer can send a finished set of books since I don't trust dummy books for this many volumes being collected together. Too high of a chance of things not fitting quite right. I'll post a note when the books are started at the printer, though!

Brian

Robert Fulman
09-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I've been waiting almost four years for this; a few more months/years isn't going to hurt.

uturnfilms
02-26-2018, 01:54 PM
"In other good news, the William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection is due to be finished at the printer next month. Because there are five separate volumes/books in this set, the slipcases won’t start production until the printer is done. I could try to use dummy books to get the sizing right, but there is such a high degree of error when it comes to multiple dummy books for a set like this, I figure it is better to wait for the real books to be safe and get the slipcases just right. I will post an update when the books are finished and the slipcase maker starts his work."

Tommy
05-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Sorry if this has been answered already but will these be numbered?

Dan Hocker
05-16-2018, 07:14 PM
They will be. I'm pretty sure all of the Lonely Road projects are numbered.

Tommy
05-16-2018, 07:17 PM
They will be. I'm pretty sure all of the Lonely Road projects are numbered.

Thank you, Dan

dannyboy121070
08-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Any updates on this project, Brian?

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Any updates on this project, Brian?

July update is here:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/category/news/

August update will be posted in a few weeks with first pics!

Brian

dannyboy121070
08-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished project! Thanks for the update.

Brian James Freeman
08-05-2018, 02:58 AM
Awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Hey, same here! Ha! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-18-2018, 06:55 PM
An important Lonely Road Books update is going out from Cemetery Dance to those who preordered the WILLIAM PETER BLATTY 5 VOLUME SCRIPT SET! If you ordered this set via CD, we are confirming mailing addresses today because both editions will begin shipping soon!

Brian

Dan Hocker
09-20-2018, 09:19 PM
This will probably start shipping next week. My warehouse help is on vacation next week though, so it'll probably be pretty slow. Plus these are big and kinda complicated, so it's gonna be a slow process anyways. They are beautiful though.

Brian James Freeman
09-20-2018, 09:36 PM
I'm really pleased with how this one turned out:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/blattyscriptLIMITEDedition01.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/blattyscriptLETTEREDedition01.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/blattyscriptLETTEREDedition02.jpg

Brian

Sock Monkey
09-20-2018, 10:00 PM
The lettered looks AMAZING. I’m trying convince myself that I can find a spare $500 somewhere...

Dan Hocker
09-20-2018, 10:13 PM
The lettered looks AMAZING. I’m trying convince myself that I can find a spare $500 somewhere...

The lettered is pretty great. Much more photogenic than the limited, but don't let the limited fool you, it looks pretty amazing in person too. It's a very similar material to what we used on the limited edition of Vampyricon.

Martin
09-20-2018, 11:05 PM
Looking forward to having this in my hands!

Br!an
09-23-2018, 08:17 PM
I'm liking this one.

Martin
09-23-2018, 08:23 PM
I'm liking this one.

There has not been a Lonely Roads edition I have not liked yet. I expect this one to impress as well!

Sock Monkey
09-23-2018, 08:53 PM
The lettered is pretty great. Much more photogenic than the limited, but don't let the limited fool you, it looks pretty amazing in person too. It's a very similar material to what we used on the limited edition of Vampyricon.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up! The limited is more in my price range.

Martin
10-03-2018, 05:02 AM
Not sure if Dan is working late or what but I got a shipping notice for this at 7:03 PM pacific tonight.

Dan Hocker
10-03-2018, 03:00 PM
Not sure if Dan is working late or what but I got a shipping notice for this at 7:03 PM pacific tonight.

Ha. Not me, that would've been Mindy. Though 7:30 PM pacific is pretty late, I wonder if they got stuck in her outbox.

bsaenz24
10-03-2018, 03:12 PM
I got my limited yesterday and it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Dan Hocker
10-03-2018, 03:21 PM
I got my limited yesterday and it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Glad you like it. Be cautious of "glitter" though. These heavily stamped books seem to be plagued with it. At least it's not as bad as the Del Toro books are, I immensely regret the material choice we went with there. They look great, but after 15 minutes of handling them you pretty much look like someone dumped glitter all over your hands.

bookworm 1
10-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Glad you like it. Be cautious of "glitter" though. These heavily stamped books seem to be plagued with it. At least it's not as bad as the Del Toro books are, I immensely regret the material choice we went with there. They look great, but after 15 minutes of handling them you pretty much look like someone dumped glitter all over your hands.

I love it . Got my copy today and it's massive. What a great set. This is another one of those books that the pictures don't really do the high quality of the book justice.

Martin
10-11-2018, 03:06 AM
I love it . Got my copy today and it's massive. What a great set. This is another one of those books that the pictures don't really do the high quality of the book justice.

Congratulations, unfortunately mine spent 6 days at the Forrest Hill post office. It is moving my way now but not scheduled for delivery until next Wednesday.

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2018, 04:03 AM
Congratulations, unfortunately mine spent 6 days at the Forrest Hill post office. It is moving my way now but not scheduled for delivery until next Wednesday.

Well, they really do love books there... Sorry for the delay!

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2018, 04:04 AM

I am terrible at photography... but I would love to get some good pics of the material on the Limited Edition to show it off better. If anyone is good at that sort of thing, please feel free to let me know! :)

Martin
10-11-2018, 04:34 AM
Well, they really do love books there... Sorry for the delay!

Not an issue, I can wait.

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 04:31 PM

More likely it spent 6 days here waiting to be packed. Post office probably just scanned the the "scan form" that had your package on it. It's a weird system.

Martin
10-11-2018, 05:18 PM
More likely it spent 6 days here waiting to be packed. Post office probably just scanned the the "scan form" that had your package on it. It's a weird system.

That is possible but the notes indicate two days from scan to pick up and then six days from pick up to acceptance.

October 10, 2018, 6:34 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
FOREST HILL, MD 21050

October 4, 2018, 12:50 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
FOREST HILL, MD 21050

October 2, 2018, 1:53 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
FOREST HILL, MD 21050

Either way, happy to have it coming!

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 06:08 PM
The October 2nd thing is when the label is printed. The October 4th thing is when they scan the "Scan form" which is a single barcode that's generated so they don't have to scan the boxes from that day individually. The one from the 10th is them actually scanning the box individually. At least that's what I think. Hard to say.

Martin
10-15-2018, 04:00 PM
That is possible but the notes indicate two days from scan to pick up and then six days from pick up to acceptance.

October 10, 2018, 6:34 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
FOREST HILL, MD 21050

October 4, 2018, 12:50 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
FOREST HILL, MD 21050

October 2, 2018, 1:53 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
FOREST HILL, MD 21050

Either way, happy to have it coming!

Update! The package has arrived at my local post office and the delivery date has been changed to today!

Sock Monkey
10-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Update! The package has arrived at my local post office and the delivery date has been changed to today!

Nice! It is always a bonus when a book arrives quicker than anticipated!

Martin
10-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Nice! It is always a bonus when a book arrives quicker than anticipated!

It is now at my house. unfortunately I am not.

jeffingoff
10-15-2018, 10:46 PM
It is now at my house. unfortunately I am not.
That's torture. Is it raining??

Martin
10-15-2018, 10:52 PM
That's torture. Is it raining??

No it is 75 degrees and sunny. Also unfortunate I can see that out the window. I am stuck in my office.

Martin
10-16-2018, 04:15 AM
Must say, this is a stunning production. Congratulations to all involved!

Br!an
10-26-2018, 01:29 PM
PS has three copies of LRB William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection.

www.pspublishing.co.uk/william-peter-blattys-lost-screenplay-collection-slipcased-hardcover-by-william-peter-blatty- (https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/william-peter-blattys-lost-screenplay-collection-slipcased-hardcover-by-william-peter-blatty-4710-p.asp?)

Brian861
10-26-2018, 07:55 PM
PS has three copies of LRB William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection.

www.pspublishing.co.uk/william-peter-blattys-lost-screenplay-collection-slipcased-hardcover-by-william-peter-blatty- (https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/william-peter-blattys-lost-screenplay-collection-slipcased-hardcover-by-william-peter-blatty-4710-p.asp?)

You can also get a copy for half off at DRP.

Br!an
10-27-2018, 12:16 AM
You can also get a copy for half off at DRP.

I got that email afterwards. It's a better deal.