Horror theme tattoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horror theme tattoo?

So, I have been seriously thinking of getting a tattoo (wife just got a Sons of Anarchy A logo tattoo this summer). I was thinking, as I am into horror type reads, movies - why not do that route? Anybody here sporting any horror related ink?????

Never me. But my cousin has one of this Michael Whelan image from "The Gunslinger", but turned into a snake instead of the rope.
    knot.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

My wife was suggesting something King related - the problem is, there are so many possibilities! And I'd want something unique - like the one TerryE posted. I've seen the Jack Nicholson face from The Shining, etc.

Comment

For a generic horror image try something like this:

img-thing.jpg
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

If you want something Stephen King related with a bit of style, you could try something like this....

Dark_Tower_Tattoo_Commission_by_yuumei.png
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

I wouldn't get a tattoo just 'cause your wife has one, I also wouldn't ask for others opinions on what to get. It's your body, think long and hard if you want one and what you want.

Comment

Loving the Ka one. If you want something more simple there is always the Ka symbol on its own or eye of the crimson king. If you are into writting you could go with the dark towers two most popular quotes. "The Man in black fled accross the desert and the gunslinger followed..." or "Go then, there are other worlds than these" personally I like the second one.

Honestly, as I was going back and forth between work and typing this, I brought up my next policy and it was for a Roland and Gabrielle. I liked the coincidence and think you now need a KA tattoo for sure. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                I wouldn't get a tattoo just 'cause your wife has one, I also wouldn't ask for others opinions on what to get. It's your body, think long and hard if you want one and what you want.
                Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting one, or at least thinking of getting one because she has one. I've been tossing the idea around for a while. It's just trying to figure out what I want - I'm too picky.

Comment

If you're picky then I wouldn't because you will just change your mind later or be too critical of the artists work

Comment

There's a great website called createmytattoo.com where you describe what you want, and artists "compete" by submitting designs based on that. The prize is whatever amount of money you want to put forward. You can give specific design feedback and artists make changes based on that. That is what I used for my last tattoo, and I was very happy with it.

And something else to consider is to find a favorite passage from a book and get that tattooed. I just got the last few sentences of The Great Gatsby tattooed over most of my back, and I am thinking of getting one of the first sentence of The Gunslinger.

Comment

Thanks jigertz - I may check it out.

Teri - I think that's why I haven't gone ahead with it yet - too picky and unsure.

Comment

A skull with horns (think Danzig); a skull with crossed barbed wire. Five others but they don't qualify. Maybe not even the skulls, really; they don't scream "horror" like a tattoo of, say, Freddie or Jason or something.

Comment

I once met a guy at a bus stop who had this as his tattoo:

Except the background was a bit darker shade of orange and the bird had been moved to be right above Roland and was a bit larger. It was awesome.

Comment

Use the various remarques that artists have produced for several Stephen King books as inspiration for what you finally want. Images of these can be found by simply doing a Google search.
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Thanks all. It's tough to pick something like this that is permanent.

Comment

Working...
                              X