PDA

View Full Version : Dark Regions teaming up with Clive Barker

TJCams
08-30-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm sure others who get their newsletter are aware that they just announced a new signed limited hardcover to be published from author Clive Barker.

Details to come in October apparently.

bookworm 1
08-31-2013, 03:03 AM
I would love to have a limited edition of The Thief of Always. Curious as to what this will be.

Sock Monkey
08-31-2013, 03:25 AM
The Thief of Always would be awesome! Wasn't he working on some kind of follow up to Hellbound Heart? That would be pretty cool. It's Barker so I'd be interested in almost anything. Well, maybe not Coldheart Canyon...

argendeli
08-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Harper/Collins did a limited to THE THIEF OF ALWAYS when it was first published. I believe the retail price was $100.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-31-2013, 11:23 PM
A signed limited of Hellbound Heart would be awesome. :cool: :cool:

Sock Monkey
08-31-2013, 11:33 PM
A signed limited of Hellbound Heart would be awesome. :cool: :cool:

I agree but that was done recently by Earthling so I doubt it's another one. New signed limiteds of all six Books of Blood would also be awesome. October might be an expensive month with this and the Black Labyrinth Lansdale Kickstarter, not to mention whatever might be announced in the course of things.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-31-2013, 11:49 PM
I agree but that was done recently by Earthling so I doubt it's another one. New signed limiteds of all six Books of Blood would also be awesome. October might be an expensive month with this and the Black Labyrinth Lansdale Kickstarter, not to mention whatever might be announced in the course of things.

You're right, October is going to be a VERY expensive month... :eek:

My bank manager is going to have a fit when he see my account that month. :p

bookworm 1
09-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Did not know that. Guess I have to start hunting that down. well not right away but soon.
Harper/Collins did a limited to THE THIEF OF ALWAYS when it was first published. I believe the retail price was $100.

TJCams
09-03-2013, 12:22 AM
I read that release as it being a completely new title??????

srboone
09-03-2013, 04:19 AM
That's the way I read it also.

bookworm 1
09-03-2013, 06:47 AM
That's the way I read it also.

I read it the way I wanted to. Not the right way. As usual I am off in my own little world. He did say that there was going to be a third book of the art. Maybe the sequel to Everville and The Great and Secret Show. Guess we will know soon.

srboone
09-03-2013, 07:15 AM
That would be awesome! Finally...

TJCams
09-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Aside from Cabal (after watching the movie version title Nightbreed), I sadly have not read any Clive Barker (watched many of his movies though).

Yes, slap me now.

Sock Monkey
09-04-2013, 06:40 PM
At least you read Cabal, which is one of my favorites.

I just reread the announcement and it sounds like more details in October, but maybe not available for preorder? From what I've gathered from other DRP newsletters is that they are trying to get rid of preorders altogether. Don't know if they've changed their mind on that. I wouldn't mind if the ordering on this gets pushed back a little. Keene's Maelstrom IV set is coming out that month as well so now October is really crowded!

TJCams
09-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I honestly don't remember much about it - it was so long ago. I think it's a pretty quick read, so may hit it again.

RJK1981
09-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Keene's Maelstrom IV set is coming out that month as well so now October is really crowded!

Yes, and I cannot wait for my early purchase link for this from Paul. Been waiting for this since early summer, been saving money for it, but now with it being in October I can use the set as my birthday present. Won't have it by my birthday, but if the early purchase window comes a week before the October 12 official announcement then I can at least order it on my birthday (the 6th), lol! I'll be curious to see what shipping will cost this year. It's been $7 the last 2 years, but won't be surprised if it is higher this time around. The set took longer to sell out last than I expected, but I won't be surprised if it sells out within a week or two (or sooner even) of being on sale to the public this year considering who the authors are for the third book this year

Sock Monkey
09-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I suspect that Maelstrom IV will be hugely popular this year as well. The line-up looks great.

Sock Monkey
09-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Clive Barker just announced that has turned in the final draft of The Scarlet Gospels (the novel pitting the protaganist from "The Last Illusion" against Pinhead) to his publisher. I'm sure that this is also going to be a S/L edition by someone. Dark Regions and Subterranean have both announced that they will have books by Barker coming out, so it will be interesting to see where it lands.

TJCams
09-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Well, that would seem to align things I would think.

I really have to get a Barker book going - I have Hellbound Heart on my Kobo, but haven't got to it.....yet.

rusty23
09-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I suspect that Maelstrom IV will be hugely popular this year as well. The line-up looks great.

I'm looking forward to Maelstrom this year! I've never read The Rising, and everything I've read by F. Paul Wilson has been great.

RJK1981
09-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm looking forward to Maelstrom this year! I've never read The Rising, and everything I've read by F. Paul Wilson has been great.

I still have to read something from Wilson, but do have a few books by him. Sims is on my TBR for this year, though no guarantee I'll get to it, lol. Have aPB copy of The Rising, but never read it, and now I'll probably donate it to the local library of try to sell it bunched with several other PB titles I am gonna get rid of and 1 HC title I don't need to keep since it one of Clegg's Vampyricon series trade HC and I have the LRB edition on order.

As for the subject of this thread, I have never read anything by Barker, should probably fix that problem sometime. Problem is that I don't think I own anything by him.

darkdiscoveries
05-18-2014, 07:23 PM
The book with Clive is a Special Deluxe Edition of his classic novella from The Books of Blood, MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN. It will feature 10 new pieces of art from Clive (including the cover), a new introduction from Clive, the script from the film, an intro from the screenwriter, storyboards, stills and more. The Lettered/Slipcased HC is sold out but there are about 30 copies left of the $50 signed/# HC and 2 copies left of the Ultra/Traycased HC (which Paul Miller from Earthling Publications is helping DRP with) for $1300 (only 13 copies of those being done). Here's the link to pre-order and don't wait too long as they'll be gone soon i'm sure:

http://www.darkregions.com/books/clive-barkers-the-midnight-meat-train-special-definitive-edition

- James

darkdiscoveries
05-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Oh and it's slated for a July release as well. Clive has proofed it and it's in the hands of the designer now according to the publisher Chris Morey (who I work for now too).

- James

darkdiscoveries
07-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Just wanted to post an update that the special edition of MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN is almost done being laid out and getting ready to head to the printer very soon. Should be out sometime next month and I think everybody is going to like it a lot! Still a couple of copies of the $50 signed/# HC left for grabs I believe and one Ultra Lettered/Traycased for grabs. The Slipcased Signed HC is sold out.

- James

Theli
07-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Picked up the signed hardcover, can't wait to check it out.

darkdiscoveries
08-03-2014, 03:48 PM
All of the Ultra Traycased and the Lettered/Slipcased HCs of the MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN Special Edition are sold out guys. There are just a handful of the signed/numbered HCs left for $50 and that is it. I am sure these will be sold out by the time the book comes out next month. So don't wait too much longer to grab one while you still can. I've seen the proof and content and this is an awesome book and one you will be proud to have on your shelf. Chris Morey really put a lot into this book!

http://www.darkregions.com/books/clive-barkers-the-midnight-meat-train-special-definitive-edition

darkdiscoveries
09-24-2014, 10:50 PM
This one is finally headed off to the printer now and is slated to be done in about 3 weeks or so. I believe all three signed editions are now sold out, but you may have luck grabbing one still from stores such as: Dark Delicacies, Overlook Connection, Bad Moon, Ziesing Books, Mystery & Imagination, Fantastic Literature, etc.

- James

darkdiscoveries
09-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Oh and of course here at the Cemetery Dance store. I almost forgot they picked up some! So grab one from them first and support CD. You might even be able to get a discount as part of one of their special deals.

- James

Theli
09-27-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm so excited. This'll be my first signed Clive Barker. Can't wait to check the storyboards too.

darkdiscoveries
10-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Just letting everybody know the Signed/# HC edition of MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN is in stock and shipping now! There's still a handful of copies left if you haven't already grabbed one. The Deluxe slipcased HC is also done, but the slipcase isn't done yet so that one will be a bit longer. The Ultra Traycased one isn't done quite yet also as that one is being put together still and the traycase is being done too. Those are long sold out though.

I know that Cemetery Dance picked up some copies for their site of MMT, so hit them first but if theirs are all gone then you can still snag one at (I wouldn't wait too long though!):

- James

Theli
11-03-2014, 04:48 AM
I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, are Canadian customers shipped later?

bookworm 1
11-03-2014, 11:02 AM
The last update yesterday or the day before...can't quite remember... said all copies would be shipped by November 11th. I have not got a shipping notice either but I came late to this. Between this and Wolf Hunt 2 and the end of Madhouse campaign I am sure things are a little nuts..They are also getting ready for the new Lansdale release.

Theli
11-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm really in no rush, just checking. I wonder which will arrive first; The Books of Blood or Midnight Meat Train.

Tommy
11-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Amazon currently has copies of The Midnight Meat Train S/L for $27

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1626410771/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

darkdiscoveries
11-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Amazon currently has copies of The Midnight Meat Train S/L for $27

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1626410771/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's actually just the unsigned trade edition for sale there. Chris got permission from Clive to do it after the other signed editions were all sold out. It's the same book, but with regular paper and with a laminated self-cover rather than the dust jacket and done through Lightning Source. So it's in the Ingram catalogue now and available on Amazon, etc.

Some of the stores that picked it up from DRP like CD, Camelot, Dark Delicacies, Mystery & Imagination, Overlook, etc. may still have some of the signed ones left if anybody needs one, but they are all sold out at DRP now.

- James

Tommy
11-10-2014, 03:12 AM
That's actually just the unsigned trade edition for sale there. Chris got permission from Clive to do it after the other signed editions were all sold out. It's the same book, but with regular paper and with a laminated self-cover rather than the dust jacket and done through Lightning Source. So it's in the Ingram catalogue now and available on Amazon, etc.

Some of the stores that picked it up from DRP like CD, Camelot, Dark Delicacies, Mystery & Imagination, Overlook, etc. may still have some of the signed ones left if anybody needs one, but they are all sold out at DRP now.

- James

I am so sorry about that, my apologies to anyone I have confused, Amazon did not specify anything in their description and I thought I had won the lottery when I saw the price, again very sorry about that

uturnfilms
11-22-2014, 04:05 AM
Has everyone received shipping notices or the book? I've inquired twice after their facebook post that copies were expected to be shipped by the 11th with no response.

Theli
11-22-2014, 03:01 PM
I haven't received my shipping notice yet, I sent them an e-mail and they said they'd look into it. The status still reads "Awaiting fulfilment". I'm not too worried though, I'm sure they'll get them out to us. THings get hectic this time of year, especially with new book releases.

bookworm 1
11-24-2014, 01:03 PM
I got my copy and the next day I got my grab bag and the trade edition was in it. I do lime the looks of this book. Oh it was a Dark Regions delivery kind of week as I also got my advanced paperback copy of Wolf Hunt 2 plus my ebook of the new Lansdale. Waiting on Books of Blood which I won't get till CD gets theirs plus a matching set of Gaiman books from Subterranean Press which will be shipping this week.

Theli
11-25-2014, 01:59 AM
^Very nice. The Books of Blood is a great add too. I just got my shipping notice today on Midnight Meat Train and CDs World War Z arrived today aswell.

darkdiscoveries
12-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah sorry for the delay guys! Chris and one of his shipping guys got sick and then his other guy got in an accident. So they've been packing and shipping like crazy the last couple of weeks around all of that. I was even down a couple of times helping pack and ship stuff out too. So you should get yours soon if you haven't and sorry for the delay!

- James

darkdiscoveries
12-04-2014, 10:30 PM
I haven't received my shipping notice yet, I sent them an e-mail and they said they'd look into it. The status still reads "Awaiting fulfilment". I'm not too worried though, I'm sure they'll get them out to us. THings get hectic this time of year, especially with new book releases.

You ain't kidding there! DRP had like 4 books all hit around the same time in the last month in-a-half or so unfortunately. (and the different editions hitting too of each book of TPBs, ebooks, signed HCs, slipcased ones getting done, etc. etc.) Not what we planned but how it goes sometimes. Thanks for your patience everybody!

- James