Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about future book announcements

Hello,

A bit of a nooob question, but it's stronger than me so I have to ask it....

I have noticed that many CD s/l books are sold out within a couple of hours of being announced and in some cases, in under 30 minutes. Are big announcements told suddenly without warning or are forum members given the heads up that a big announcement is due at a set time and date?

I only ask this because I cannot access any external websites at work and am worried that CD might suddenly announce a new Stephen King book, and it will be sold out by the time I get home from work.

I am already kicking myself about missing some great CD books, I would really hate to miss out on anymore.

Any feedback concerning this would be greatly appreciated.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Sign up to the Cemetery Dance newsletter and you will receive notice of releases before they happen. Sometimes information will be vague other times more exact. For example a week before the announcement for Dark Man they sent out an e-mail proclaiming ''Something Dark is Coming'', and gave a release day and time, no exact information saying it was a King book being released (though it was strongly hinted). Information is normally posted on the forum as well, at least a few days in advance. I'm sure Brian or Dan will give you more info.

Comment

I think it's mostly the King book that sell out in a few hours. Even the quicker sellers other than King last a day or a few days. If you're on the email list, then you'll have a heads up when some big titles are coming, but you don't usually know until it is actually announced.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I think it's mostly the King book that sell out in a few hours. Even the quicker sellers other than King last a day or a few days. If you're on the email list, then you'll have a heads up when some big titles are coming, but you don't usually know until it is actually announced.
        That is mostly true, though once in a while another book will sell just as fast or close to the speed the King books can sell out. Justin Cronin's The Passage was only available for a few hours and the waiting list for it was even closed after a ton of people signed up for that. Typically the non-King books don't sell out at that speed though.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Sometimes we do hints in newsletters and on the forums. Forums can be the fastest way to know though as I usually post a thread at the same time we click send on the newsletter with the official announcement. The newsletter takes awhile to send to everyone and the forum posts it instantly. That said if you are a member of the CDCC, which you can only buy into when we sell them once a year, in addition to all the other perks you do typically get advanced notice on announcements.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Sometimes we do hints in newsletters and on the forums. Forums can be the fastest way to know though as I usually post a thread at the same time we click send on the newsletter with the official announcement. The newsletter takes awhile to send to everyone and the forum posts it instantly. That said if you are a member of the CDCC, which you can only buy into when we sell them once a year, in addition to all the other perks you do typically get advanced notice on announcements.
            I have just read the thread about CDCC...I am seriously drooling at the prospect of this.

To think if I knew about CD a few years back I would have received a discount on Stephen King's IT 25th Anniversary Edition by being a member of CDCC.

So the BIG question is....

When is the next membership sale????
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

Right around the corner. Usually in September. Just be warned if you get this you will be broke most of the time.The special offers throughout the year are awesome.And very hard to pass on. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
              X