Childhood's End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childhood's End

Centipede Press has obtained limited edition rights to this novel and is considering how to make thier edition different from other limited editions of the book.

From CP's July newsletter:

"I recently acquired limited edition rights to this science fiction classic. However, I am not quite sure what to do with it and wanted to get some feedback from you. It has been done in hardcover by some different people. But what can be done to make it different, unlike anything else? Potential illustrators, special bindings, any ideas are welcome, as it is your opinions that help make the books great! Childhood’s End is a special novel and it deserves something better than another Easton Press treatment. "

This could be one to watch for in 2014.

Or 2015.

As an EP fan, I'm not sure how to take that last bit...
    Last edited by srboone; 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Wow.... I haven't read Childhood's End yet, but really want to add this to my book shelf (either paper or e-book). This is high on my want list (not necessarily this edition), as well as some of Clarke's other titles too.

Soo.....I found a 50% coupon for Kobo - and yep.... got Childhood's End. Thanks Squire got spurring that spontaneous purchase!
    Last edited by TJCams; 07-29-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I need to read it also. I have an old paperback copy somewhere on my shelves...
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Read it so long ago I can't really remember it.He is a great writer. What do they mean by better then the usual treatment?

Comment

Man I love Centipede Press, but they are expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Man I love Centipede Press, but they are expensive.
            Exactly! But I am sure it's worth the price of admission as they say.

Comment

"The usual treatment" by EP is a leather cover with maybe a frontis piece with no other bells and whistles. Centipede Press does come up with some impressive productions, but they are not very affordable. EP's treatment is at least priced for the masses.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                "The usual treatment" by EP is a leather cover with maybe a frontis piece with no other bells and whistles. Centipede Press does come up with some impressive productions, but they are not very affordable. EP's treatment is at least priced for the masses.
                I wouldn't go quite that far! As far as I can tell the average EP book will run ya 50-200 bucks. Most people ain't willing to pay that for a book. Centipedes books are all around 100-300 though except for the odd non-signed ones. But man do I love them I wish I had more money to buy more from both publishers. I love the classics and they both make a great effort to bring them to us in their best quality.

Comment

Most of my EP books were between $45 and $65. I've got some special editions that were significantly more, but overall, they are pretty decently priced.

There 100 greatest books ever written (which actually has close to 300 titles in the it) were $45 apiece; the Master and Commander set was $60 apiece; and, until recently, their reader's choice books were $55. And the ones that are more can be paid off in installments, which is nice.

Maybe "for the masses" was stretching it a bit, but I they are pretty reasonable.

IMO...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                  X