PDA

View Full Version : The Overlook Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne

Dan Hocker
07-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Brand New Glenn Chadbourne SIGNED Limited Edition 11 X 17 FULL COLOR Art Print!
"The Overlook"
Signed Limited Edition Limited To 500 Prints!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/A_CHADBO10--500.jpg

This is the discussion thread for the Overlook art print announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_CHADBO10)

CLICK HERE to view the announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?1869-The-Overlook-Art-Print-by-Glenn-Chadbourne)

Teriw
07-25-2013, 04:31 AM
didn't even think about this one. no comments on it? I thought it would go nice with Carrie. Now he needs a Pet Sematary and I'd have a nice little chadbourne set of his first 3 novels.

bsaenz24
07-25-2013, 02:21 PM
I think you mean Salem's 'Lot, no?

drain74
08-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Comment here has been quiet. How has the rate of orders been going and any indication as to timing this will be avaliable?

Teriw
08-07-2013, 12:47 AM
I think you mean Salem's 'Lot, no?

That I did Brad. I thought it was Salems Lot, went and confirmed it was salems lots then wrote Pet Sematary. lol So weird.

TJCams
08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I too am surprised at the lack of comments - curious how the sales are happening as well.

Dave1442397
08-07-2013, 09:35 PM
I have nothing against the artwork, but to me it doesn't evoke either the Overlook in the novel or the one we're used to seeing in the movie. I just reread The Shining a few days ago, so the image of the hotel with manicured grounds is still fresh in my mind. The topiary animals were there of course, but no creepy trees, etc.

This is Glenn's take on it, and that's perfectly fine, but not something that grabs me.

Teriw
08-10-2013, 09:21 PM
It didn't grab me that much either but I ordered it anyway. I didn't find it looked like the overlook would look in my mind or either movie for that matter but glenn always does his take on it which may or may not appeal to different people. What did make me order it was the lion. They were a huge part of the book and got left out of Kubricks version and got a horrible taste of TV effects in kings version. To me the lion in this painting stands out to me more than anything else and THAT'S why I ordered it. I wish the Hotel were on fire though. The Snow gives me a feel of the kubrick ending which I don't care for. I know it snowed(a lot) in all 3 versions but it still makes me think of kubricks ending. That said though, I still love it for the ominous looking shrubbery in front.

Dave1442397
08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I never saw the TV version...in fact, I didn't even know there was a TV version until now :)

Teriw
08-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Really? 1997 Tv movie. Steven Webber as Jack? Stephen King wrote the screenplay and it follows the book almost exactly yet it pretty well sucks. lol. I think it was a matter of it being a tv movie seeing as they always suck and bad acting and directing. Well everything about it other than the story really. This movie needs a reboot for sure. Maybe with the Darabont touch. Keeping kings story intact, leaving out the things that need to be and nothing more, altering it slightly to fit the medium. Just my opinion..

srboone
08-12-2013, 07:17 AM
It doesn't SUCK, but it plays more as a suspense thriller than a horror film. The problem is that it doesn't have the relentlessness of King's novel or Kubrick's film.

Reboot? Well, as I have always said about the startling amount of remakes coming out of Hollywood: Every generation has the right to prove to an older generation that the fears the older harbors about the younger are correct. Reboot away. They can only do better than the 1997 TV movie and try to outdo Kubrick's masterpiece.

Dave1442397
08-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Really? 1997 Tv movie. Steven Webber as Jack? Stephen King wrote the screenplay and it follows the book almost exactly yet it pretty well sucks. lol. I think it was a matter of it being a tv movie seeing as they always suck and bad acting and directing. Well everything about it other than the story really. This movie needs a reboot for sure. Maybe with the Darabont touch. Keeping kings story intact, leaving out the things that need to be and nothing more, altering it slightly to fit the medium. Just my opinion..

I'll have to find that and watch it some time. I really never heard of it before, but then I doubt I even watched TV in 1997.

bookworm 1
08-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I like the print but I still have a bunch of art work that is not up yet. Thinking I might sell some more. Seems a waste to me to just keep adding to my pile. If not for that fact I might purchase this.

Teriw
08-13-2013, 04:29 AM
i seem to be the only one who ordered this. Just send me the original and call it a day.

Dan Hocker
08-13-2013, 01:44 PM
i seem to be the only one who ordered this. Just send me the original and call it a day.

If I remember correctly it sold pretty well. Just seems like a dead topic for some reason.

jester05jk
08-13-2013, 09:38 PM
I like the print but I still have a bunch of art work that is not up yet. Thinking I might sell some more. Seems a waste to me to just keep adding to my pile. If not for that fact I might purchase this.

Like what? I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bookworm 1
08-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Ok sometime soon.

drain74
08-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Any news or information on the timing when this will be avaliable? i have not seen any timing in teh announcement and it is not listed on the production update page. No rush for it, just interested.

Brian James Freeman
08-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Any news or information on the timing when this will be avaliable? i have not seen any timing in teh announcement and it is not listed on the production update page. No rush for it, just interested.

I'm thinking it should ship in September. I believe Dan shipped them up to Glenn for a signing last week, but he can confirm!

Brian

Dan Hocker
08-27-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking it should ship in September. I believe Dan shipped them up to Glenn for a signing last week, but he can confirm!

Brian

Yep Glenn should have them.

drain74
08-28-2013, 10:24 PM

Brian

Thanks for the info on this, looking foward to it.

Teriw
11-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Now that my overlook print arrived safely I was reconsidering salems lot but I can't find it on the forum, website or in my emails to even find out if it's even sold out or not. I'm on mobile though which is why it not being on the website is not leading me to believe it's sold out. I don't care for it much but feel the need to have all 3 specially since one is in landscape, it only works with 3 lol

Martin
11-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Try this http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_CHADBO15
Now that my overlook print arrived safely I was reconsidering salems lot but I can't find it on the forum, website or in my emails to even find out if it's even sold out or not. I'm on mobile though which is why it not being on the website is not leading me to believe it's sold out. I don't care for it much but feel the need to have all 3 specially since one is in landscape, it only works with 3 lol

Teriw
11-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks martin, very quick response.

Tommy
12-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi, I couldn't find the 'salem's Lot art print thread so I will ask here if those have started to ship yet?

Dan Hocker
12-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi, I couldn't find the 'salem's Lot art print thread so I will ask here if those have started to ship yet?

Not yet. Soon hopefully, but we're still pretty busy on the shipping end so it's hard to say when they'll actually ship.

drain74
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Following on from the Overllok and 'salem's Lot prints, will there be further prints created? I would especially like to see one for Christine.

Brian James Freeman
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Following on from the Overllok and 'salem's Lot prints, will there be further prints created? I would especially like to see one for Christine.

Perhaps down the road! Glenn has a full schedule for the first half of this year.

Brian

Martin
01-30-2014, 02:43 AM
Finally finishing up Secretary of Dreams III?
Perhaps down the road! Glenn has a full schedule for the first half of this year.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Finally finishing up Secretary of Dreams III?

Not in the works at all, unfortunately.

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
01-30-2014, 05:03 AM
Not in the works at all, unfortunately.

Brian

BOOOOOOOO!! :( :( :(

Comrade Alex
04-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi Brian, Dan,

I ordered The Overlook Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne on Feb-14-2014, #229223, but still did not receive it.
Could you please check the status?

Thanks!
Alex

Dan Hocker
04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Hi Brian, Dan,

I ordered The Overlook Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne on Feb-14-2014, #229223, but still did not receive it.
Could you please check the status?

Thanks!
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for drawing this to my attention. Can you shoot me an email about this. Thanks!