PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Work

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Here are some of the releases you can expect from me this year. I'll update as things develop:

Novels:

Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn - Createspace/Elderlemon Press (tpb)

Collections:

The Novellas - Thunderstorm Press (limited edition hc and tpb)
Theater Macabre - Bad Moon Books (limited edition hc and tpb)

Novellas

Jack & Jill - Cemetery Dance Publications (limited edition hc and e-book)

Novelettes/Short Stories

"The Palaver" (a Milestone Story) in the Barbers & Beauties anthology, ed. Michael Knost & Nancy Eden Siegel, Hummingbird House Press
"The End of Us" - TBA anthology, Cemetery Dance Publications
"Stalled" - Shocklines: Fresh Voices in Terror, ed. Matt Schwartz & Richard Chizmar, Cemetery Dance Publications
"Snowmen" - Smoke & Mirrors, ed. Richard Chizmar, Cemetery Dance Publications

Audiobooks

Kin, Crossroads Press

bookworm 1
05-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Looking forward to all the releases. I will be getting Jack and Jill and Shocklines and Smoke and Mirrors as they are already on order. I just received an arc of shocklines.Going to try for the limited novella collection but will be happy with the Trade PB.Who knows I might end up with the entire collection of releases.

srboone
05-10-2013, 09:42 PM
And there was "Mother Nautre" in the new CD mag!

Gonna be good year 2013!

Tommy
05-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Seriously, love your work and I will probably read every bit of that :cool:

peteOcha
05-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Hope to see "Kin 2" added to that list sometime. ;)

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Looking forward to all the releases. I will be getting Jack and Jill and Shocklines and Smoke and Mirrors as they are already on order. I just received an arc of shocklines.Going to try for the limited novella collection but will be happy with the Trade PB.Who knows I might end up with the entire collection of releases.

Thank you sir!

Kealan Patrick Burke
And there was "Mother Nautre" in the new CD mag!

Gonna be good year 2013!

Yes indeed, and with a killer illustration by GAK.

Kealan Patrick Burke
Seriously, love your work and I will probably read every bit of that :cool:

Thank you! I appreciate that!

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM

Working on it between roughly a thousand other projects :)

peteOcha
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Awesome! :)

Ben Staad
05-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Very cool news indeed.

RJK1981
05-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Looking forward to these. Hope I can get a hold of Jack and Jill! Have Shocklines ordered. If The End of Us is in the 15th year celebration anthology (which will have a different name when it is ready, of course) then I have that one ordered as well

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-14-2013, 06:41 PM
If The End of Us is in the 15th year celebration anthology (which will have a different name when it is ready, of course) then I have that one ordered as well

"The End of Us" will be in an as-yet unannounced anthology.

bookworm 1
05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Just ordered Theatre from BMB. Now if it was only July 19th.

saginawhorror
05-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Getting Theatre Macabre for sure as I'm a member of the BMB book club. Already paid for itself too.

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys! It's going to be a gorgeous-looking book.

Ben Staad
11-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Any update to provide on this? I know many folks would love to dive back into that gritty and dirty world of yours.

Ben Staad
11-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Any update to provide on this? I know many folks would love to dive back into that gritty and dirty world of yours.

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi Tim: There are about ten chapters written, but between cover design work and Night Falls On Memory Lane, I can't say for sure right now when it will see the light of day, only that it will. What I can tell you is that it's a much different book than Kin, less Texas Chainsaw and more crime/mystery than its predecessor, though it's plenty grim and almost suffocatingly dark.

Ben Staad
11-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Excellent news. Hope this gets some mainstream attention and some love from the small press folks.

though it's plenty grim and almost suffocatingly dark.

Ben Staad
11-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Excellent news. Hope this gets some mainstream attention and some love from the small press folks.

though it's plenty grim and almost suffocatingly dark.

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Thank you, sir!

Zaharoff
07-28-2018, 09:47 PM
Kealan, I've had Shocklines on order since - 2005? - really?
Looking forward to it.

Ben Staad
09-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Hopefully the build up will be well worth it.

Kealan, I've had Shocklines on order since - 2005? - really?
Looking forward to it.

Ben Staad
09-30-2018, 02:56 AM
Does anyone else subscribe to Kealan's newsletter? I could have sworn I had read in it that he had a new novel almost complete or coming soon. However I think I deleted the newsletter and I don't see any update like that on his website.

Sock Monkey
09-30-2018, 03:20 AM
I don’t subscribe to his newsletter, but last I heard he was working on the sequel to KIN and that there was an upcoming limited compiling all of his Milestone stories. I’m very eager to read both.

Martin
09-30-2018, 07:07 AM
Does anyone else subscribe to Kealan's newsletter? I could have sworn I had read in it that he had a new novel almost complete or coming soon. However I think I deleted the newsletter and I don't see any update like that on his website.

From Mr. Burkes last newsletter:

Before we get to the meat of this newsletter, I wanted to let you know that I am closing in on the end of Mr. Stitch, my first new novel in six years. It's been a long road to get this monster out into the world, but I hope when it finally learns to stand, you'll appreciate it despite its scars and ugliness. I'll share more news as I can, but rest assured, just because it may seem quiet, doesn't mean I'm not always up to something wicked...

Ben Staad
09-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Rep heading your way. Thanks for the below. It's appreciated.

From Mr. Burkes last newsletter:

Before we get to the meat of this newsletter, I wanted to let you know that I am closing in on the end of Mr. Stitch, my first new novel in six years. It's been a long road to get this monster out into the world, but I hope when it finally learns to stand, you'll appreciate it despite its scars and ugliness. I'll share more news as I can, but rest assured, just because it may seem quiet, doesn't mean I'm not always up to something wicked...

Martin
09-30-2018, 08:20 PM
Happy to help!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, sorry it took me a minute to respond. To address what's already been said here, yes, I'm closing in on the end of Mr. Stitch, which is shaping up to be something very different for me. After that, I'll be starting on the next novel, already plotted and ready to rumble.

Plans for a limited of Milestone have, sadly, fallen by the wayside, as it looks like the publisher got busy with other things. The book is, however, still available in both digital and trade paperback editions. Speaking of which, I've also recently made my autumnal collection DEAD LEAVES available in paperback for the first time. You can find both of these books at the usual online retailers.

And last but not least, there's the new collection, We Live Inside Your Eyes, which I'm very excited about, as I think it represents my best work to date and will feature some material written just for the book. This will be released in April of next year. You can keep up to date with what's happening via the blog on my website: www.kealanpatrickburke.com/blog (http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com/blog)

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a27d24_1e2e1d4f5103446a8f837bf0321be4ed~mv2_d_1950 _2850_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_350,h_512,al_c,q_90,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/a27d24_1e2e1d4f5103446a8f837bf0321be4ed~mv2_d_1950 _2850_s_2.jpg

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-01-2018, 07:20 PM
So am I! That's a really long time.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Sadly, a KIN sequel is a good ways away, if it happens at all. I have the plot and some of it written, but there are other stories I have to/want to write first, and those will always take precedence. I have to absolutely need to write the story, to be consumed by it, or the likelihood is it won't be as good as it needs to be, and that's just not where I am right now.

Martin
10-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Sadly, a KIN sequel is a good ways away, if it happens at all. I have the plot and some of it written, but there are other stories I have to/want to write first, and those will always take precedence. I have to absolutely need to write the story, to be consumed by it, or the likelihood is it won't be as good as it needs to be, and that's just not where I am right now.

I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?

jeffingoff
10-01-2018, 08:18 PM
I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?

Kin is one of those books I keep meaning to grab and then I forget. I'm going to put it on my WANT TO READ list on Goodreads while I'm thinking about it. Sounds awesome.

saginawhorror
10-01-2018, 08:28 PM

Got Digital 50 too. Never did get the short story.

saginawhorror
10-01-2018, 08:28 PM

Martin
10-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Kin is one of those books I keep meaning to grab and then I forget. I'm going to put it on my WANT TO READ list on Goodreads while I'm thinking about it. Sounds awesome.

You must get to this one. It is an awesome read and would be a great October read!

Ben Staad
10-02-2018, 12:24 AM
Agreed.

You must get to this one. It is an awesome read and would be a great October read!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-02-2018, 05:43 PM

Yes, exactly. I've never written anything I didn't feel absolutely compelled to write. It would certainly be apparent in the work if I did.

As for Digital 50, the next title going out will be the collection in April. I'm also hoping to get the signed short story out to everyone by then.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Thanks Jeff!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-02-2018, 05:47 PM

That's because it hasn't gone out yet. But it will, hopefully before the next book in the program is due.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-02-2018, 05:48 PM

Thanks Martin!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Agreed.

Thank you Ben!

Martin
10-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Yes, exactly. I've never written anything I didn't feel absolutely compelled to write. It would certainly be apparent in the work if I did.

As for Digital 50, the next title going out will be the collection in April. I'm also hoping to get the signed short story out to everyone by then.

Thanks for the update!

dannyboy121070
10-02-2018, 08:40 PM
That's because it hasn't gone out yet. But it will, hopefully before the next book in the program is due.

Awesome news. Thanks for the update, Kealan.

ozmosis7
10-02-2018, 11:04 PM
I look forward to the new collection, Kealan.

sholloman81
01-06-2019, 08:34 PM
Hope I'm posting this question in the appropriate place. Any chance "Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn" will ever be rereleased as a hardcover? I've kept my out on the secondary market and have never seen a copy come up for sale. Would love to be able to add this book to my collection and complete the Timmy Quinn series, as I have the other four books in the series.

Kealan Patrick Burke
01-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Thank you sir!

Kealan Patrick Burke
01-24-2019, 01:11 AM
Hope I'm posting this question in the appropriate place. Any chance "Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn" will ever be rereleased as a hardcover? I've kept my out on the secondary market and have never seen a copy come up for sale. Would love to be able to add this book to my collection and complete the Timmy Quinn series, as I have the other four books in the series.

There are no immediate plans to rerelease NEMESIS in hardcover, I'm afraid, though who knows what the future holds? In the meantime, it's still available in digital and paperback.

One eyed cat
01-24-2019, 02:14 AM
Didn't Thunderstorm Books release a hard cover of this a few years back?

Martin
01-24-2019, 02:27 AM
Didn't Thunderstorm Books release a hard cover of this a few years back?

Yes they did. It was limited to 325 signed copies and is long sold out. They issued a collected Timmy Quinn called Stage Whispers at the same time. That one is signed and numbered and limited to 75 copies. I think they are very hard to acquire at this point. I know mine will not be leaving my collection!

One eyed cat
01-25-2019, 03:06 AM
Thanks Martin, think I have them both somewhere.