• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting on Upcoming Stephen King movie projects

Found this today:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...130502?_r=true
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Interesting, I want to see Netflix start producing more original material. Also I wouldn't be opposed to Firefly being revived!

Comment

It would be cool, just to get things rolling. But I don't see Netflix having the budget to pull off the Dark Tower tv arcs.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

They gotta start somewhere, and that's a hell of an ambitious beginning. Netflix is a big company I'm sure they got the money to spend, but that's still a big venture. Hopefully it doesn't end up like the Sword of Truth series (not that the source material was that great.)

Comment

Just looking on IMDB, I see there might be a remake or a new Creepshow that might be coming out. That would be fantastic, a new one would be even better, and get Rob Zombie to direct it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Just looking on IMDB, I see there might be a remake or a new Creepshow that might be coming out. That would be fantastic, a new one would be even better, and get Rob Zombie to direct it.
            If it's a redo of the original, that will be hard to live up to. I mean, sure the effects are dated, etc., but I liked that movie a lot. Too many times somebody does a "re do" of a movie and just totally ruins it. That is my one concern with Carrie - sure the effects are going to be up to date, but is it going to watered down, or altered too much, etc.....

Comment

Info on the upcoming adaptation of Cell.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/666...cell-september

Love the choice of Cusack. Can't think of a Cusack film I didn't like. Williams directed Paranormal Activity 2.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                If it's a redo of the original, that will be hard to live up to. I mean, sure the effects are dated, etc., but I liked that movie a lot. Too many times somebody does a "re do" of a movie and just totally ruins it. That is my one concern with Carrie - sure the effects are going to be up to date, but is it going to watered down, or altered too much, etc.....
                Everone is always down on remakes, it's something the film industry has been doing since the beginning. It seems in recent times there's a constant negative stigma attached to remakes or in the case of Carrie a different interpretation of the same book. Think about how many Dracula movies there have been, though arguable Nosferatu was the best, there were many other great Dracula movies. That said a Creepshow remake is unnecessary, any anthology remake would be kinda silly. I'd love a new set of tales though, and I wouldn't be opposed to Romero helming it again, but if a new director is warranted I think Zombie could be the man.

Comment

I like to think of it this way, remakes aren't really for the generation that saw the original in theaters, they're for the next generation of viewers. It's like the whole stigma of the two different Star Wars trilogy's. The people that grew up with the original trilogy really didn't like the new movies that much, but the further away from the generation that saw them in theaters you get the more it swings in the other direction.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I also think Cusack will be great in the roll for Cell.
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Yeah he's a great actor. He was top notch in 1408.

Comment

I agree with Dan on the Remake stigma. They're meant for the new generation. Unfortunately the new generation just plain SUCKS! Seriously. My generation is not the greatest but seriously...the kids coming behind me, WTF is wrong with them.

Anyway, I like John Cusack but I just can't picture him in Cell...AT ALL! But we shall see...

Comment

Not all remakes suck mind, there are some very famous films including Oscar winners that were in fact remakes...

Original: Ben Hur (1925) starring Ramon Novarro
                          Remake: Ben Hur (1959) starring Charlton Heston, winner of 11 Oscars (including best film)

Original: The Maltese Falcon (1931) starring Bebe Daniels
                          Remake: The Maltese Falcon (1941) starring Humphrey Bogart, nominated for 3 Oscars (including best film)

Original: That Female Scent (1974) starring Vittorio Gassman
                          Remake: Scent of a Woman (1992) starring Al Pacino, nominated for 4 Oscars (including best film) won Best Actor

Original: The Fly (1958) starring David Hedison
                          Remake: The Fly (1986) starring Jeff Goldblum , won 1 Oscar

Original: L.A Takedown (1989) starring Scott Plank
                          Remake: Heat (1995) starring Al Pacino & Robert De Niro, recognised as one of best heist movies ever.
                          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Interesting list! I bet theres many more to add, but those are some great examples.

Comment

Here is the latest news about the upcoming remake of The Stand:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...y-heart-612798

Not good news of you're a fan of Ben Affleck....
                              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                              X