PDA

View Full Version : THE NOVELLAS

Kealan Patrick Burke
04-25-2013, 07:18 PM

http://www.amazon.com/The-Novellas-ebook/dp/B00CIOFODY

Now available on Amazon, an omnibus collection of novellas, featuring THE TENT, YOU IN?, SELDOM SEEN IN AUGUST, and MIDLISTERS.

RJK1981
04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Love the cover for this! Very good deal too if you don't have those stories. I already have an eBook copy of You In? and have the Hardcover edition of Midlisters (An excellent book, though that is not a surprise) thanks to a Cemetery Dance grab bag, so I will likely just purchase The Tent and Seldom Seen separately.

If you don't have these stories then you should get this eBook.

Neiaushie79
04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm going to have to buy a copy.

bookworm 1
04-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Will there be a paperback edition of this? I love You In? Great story.Have a signed limited of it.Would be nice to have all these novellas together in one book.

Kealan Patrick Burke
04-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Will there be a paperback edition of this? I love You In? Great story.Have a signed limited of it.Would be nice to have all these novellas together in one book.

After striking a deal over the weekend, there will indeed by a signed limited and a paperback version of this.

bookworm 1
04-29-2013, 12:48 AM
:cool:.Congratulations. Looking forward for that release.
After striking a deal over the weekend, there will indeed by a signed limited and a paperback version of this.

Martin
04-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Whow will be publishing the limited?

Kealan Patrick Burke
04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Martin: Thunderstorm.

RJK1981
04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Wow, are you able to tell us when it will be available?

srboone
04-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Martin: Thunderstorm.

Sweet!!! Do you know which series it will be in?

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Wow, are you able to tell us when it will be available?

Fairly soon, I'd say. The publisher is eager to get it out there sooner rather than later. No definite date yet though.

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Sweet!!! Do you know which series it will be in?

This hasn't been discussed yet, so no information in that regard.

bookworm 1
05-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Great news. Hope I don't miss out on this one.

adamjames
05-03-2013, 04:06 AM
I will be getting the thunderstorm version. Just fyi Paul said seventy thousand plus words is BV anything under is White Lightning or Elemental series.

srboone
05-03-2013, 05:58 AM
Nice! No HR, Like Nemesis?

adamjames
05-03-2013, 06:17 AM
He's putting the HRs on hiatus, so probably not.

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I'll let you guys know more as soon as the details emerge. I do know that this will be a very limited run, probably less than 100 copies.

srboone
05-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Ouch!

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Ouch!

Yeah, it'll be a case of "Get it while it's hot, or on ebay when it's not", I reckon.

bookworm 1
05-03-2013, 08:27 PM
That is what I say. Looks like another one I will have to settle for the Paperback edition. These will go super fast.
Ouch!

srboone
05-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Less than 100 copies; that sounds like a Elemental edition.

adamjames
05-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Crankstomp by Erik Williams is WL and only had a print run of 70 and most BV are in the 70 to 80 range.

Highbury
07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I see The Novellas showing on the gallery page of Thunderstorm books. So is it already being printed? Just curious how to obtain a printed copy.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM
I see The Novellas showing on the gallery page of Thunderstorm books. So is it already being printed? Just curious how to obtain a printed copy.

Yep, the book is scheduled for an end of month release. I'll also be releasing it in trade paperback the same day, and it's currently available free (until 7/16) on Amazon for digital. I'll post here when the signed limited edition is available to order, assuming it doesn't sell out pre-release, which given the limitation, it may well do.

bookworm 1
07-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Hope I am around when it comes out. Downloaded the ebook. If I miss the limited I will be getting the trade edition for sure.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Hope I am around when it comes out. Downloaded the ebook. If I miss the limited I will be getting the trade edition for sure.

Thanks B. I wanted to ensure that this was available in as many editions as possible, and thankfully Paul at Thunderstorm was completely amenable to the idea of a simultaneous trade release.

TJCams
07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
This is one thing I don't like about Amazon, and noticed this a lot on even the ehorror bargains (and it's sisters) that Brian has going - there is such a majority of kindle only deals and I feel it alienates users of Kobo, etc. And Calibre isn't able to convert all kindle format books (drm I presume). I would assume that Kindle e-readers (Amazon) have a large portion of the US market? Whereas Kobo has the majority of market share here in Canada (read it somewhere a while back).

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-15-2013, 07:34 PM
This is one thing I don't like about Amazon, and noticed this a lot on even the ehorror bargains (and it's sisters) that Brian has going - there is such a majority of kindle only deals and I feel it alienates users of Kobo, etc. And Calibre isn't able to convert all kindle format books (drm I presume). I would assume that Kindle e-readers (Amazon) have a large portion of the US market? Whereas Kobo has the majority of market share here in Canada (read it somewhere a while back).

I would assume that to be the case, TJ. However, when I did have the books available through Kobo, I was averaging about 4 sales a month (out of nearly thirty books), whereas sales through Amazon.ca were much more respectable. Therefore, it made little sense to me to stay with Kobo when nobody was buying through them.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-15-2013, 07:36 PM
That being said, if you want a copy of THE NOVELLAS, let me know your preferred format and an email address and I'll get you a digital copy.

TJCams
07-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I would assume that to be the case, TJ. However, when I did have the books available through Kobo, I was averaging about 4 sales a month (out of nearly thirty books), whereas sales through Amazon.ca were much more respectable. Therefore, it made little sense to me to stay with Kobo when nobody was buying through them.

Wow.... I am kind of surprised, and totally understand your decision. I know I have 3 of your e-books, and all came from the Kobo store. :)

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I felt bad making them Amazon exclusives (a controversial decision whenever any author does it), but from a financial standpoint (which is an important consideration when I do this for a living), I decided to hedge my bets and see whether or not the exclusivity made any difference. And in that regard, after removing the books from B&N, Smashwords, and Kobo last month, I have heard from only two readers about the change, and you're one of them. A lot of the blame of course, falls on my own shoulders when considering why the books didn't sell at these vendors. I suck at promoting my own work, and I know a lot of authors have met great success through Kobo and Smashwords, but some of the blame can also be levied on the fact that no other vendor can match Amazon's resources. That said, after the three-month exclusivity period at Amazon comes up for renewal, I'll reevaluate things. I hate readers being unable to get the books, which is why I'm always open to sending them for free in their chosen format. Any outcry can be countered by the fact that Amazon's prime program and lending library allows free borrows of the book anyway.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Wow.... I am kind of surprised, and totally understand your decision. I know I have 3 of your e-books, and all came from the Kobo store. :)

Then I probably have you to thank for my entire sales tally for one of those months ;)

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
The signed limited edition of THE NOVELLAS is now shipping. With a limitation of 75 copies, Paul says he doesn't expect this one to last long, so if you're interested, now's the time to jump on it:

http://thunderstormbooks.com/thunderstorm/tsb_book/the-novellas/

The book is also currently available in digital format, with an affordable trade paperback release due in the coming days.

Highbury
07-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you sir. Preorder put in.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Thank you sir. Preorder put in.

Thank you!

bookworm 1
07-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Oh well.

Sock Monkey
07-31-2013, 12:47 AM
I got lucky and checked the Thunderstorm site before going to work and was able to snag one! Super excited for this one. It looks like Camelot still has this for sale if anyone is interested.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks Sock Monkey! Yeah, as of this morning, Paul reports that he only has two copies of this left, though some copies may still be available from Camelot, Bad Moon, Jeff n' Joys, etc.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh well.

If you missed this one or it's out of your range, remember that there will be a trade paperback in a week or so, and you'll be able to order it via my website store to get it signed, personalized, etc. I'm not in the habit of leaving anyone out in the cold.

TJCams
07-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Then I probably have you to thank for my entire sales tally for one of those months ;)

Wouldn't that be something!!!!!!

I understand the decision you (and others too) make in regards to that. I know that Amazon is huge in the US and likely elsewhere, and with a population 10X of us here in Canada - Kobo seems to be fighting an uphill battle. Yet, I love the e-reader I have, and if I were to get a tablet, it would likely be the one Kobo offers. Fingers are crossed they keep going and don't get bought up by Amazon. Yes, they are now run by a Japanese conglomerate I believe.

Anyways - I look forward to The Novella's - I have loved everyone of your books (all e-books).

bookworm 1
07-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Well I must have snagged one.I was upset that I missed this so when I got home from work this morning I checked there site and got lucky. I am getting a copy.Now to order the paper back and Will have another trifecta. Limited,paper back and ebook.
Thanks Sock Monkey! Yeah, as of this morning, Paul reports that he only has two copies of this left, though some copies may still be available from Camelot, Bad Moon, Jeff n' Joys, etc.

bookworm 1
08-01-2013, 01:47 AM
And......shipping notice received. YES!!!!!

Martin
08-01-2013, 05:59 PM
No shipping notice for me yet but I did manage to snag a copy of this one!

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Well I must have snagged one.I was upset that I missed this so when I got home from work this morning I checked there site and got lucky. I am getting a copy.Now to order the paper back and Will have another trifecta. Limited,paper back and ebook.

Wow...you're currently vying for reader of the year, sir. Thank you!

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-01-2013, 06:23 PM
No shipping notice for me yet but I did manage to snag a copy of this one!

Thanks Martin!

Martin
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Shipping noticed received! Looking forward to having this in my hands.

bookworm 1
08-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Book in hands.Wow!!!!!! End papers are a trip. This is one nice book. My number is 50. Pics soon.

bookworm 1
08-03-2013, 02:56 PM
And here it is......130891309013091

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I like everything about that book except for the signature sheets. My face creeps me out and I have no idea why anyone would want to see it right there, glaring like a smug sumbitch. Otherwise though, I agree, bookworm, it's a beautiful piece of work (the book, not my face.)

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Shipping noticed received! Looking forward to having this in my hands.

Thanks Martin!

Ben Staad
08-03-2013, 07:45 PM
it's a beautiful piece of work (the book, not my face.)

LOL!

Highbury
08-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Button up the shirt, this ain't no Harlequin novel. LOL

RJK1981
08-05-2013, 07:46 AM
The book looks great! I missed out since I was at a cabin on the lake, but that's ok, wouldn't have been able to swing it anyway. I'll be happy with the eBook I have for now, and perhaps the PB at a later date as well.

As for creepy pictures, you should see my military id picture Kealan, lol! :eek:

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Button up the shirt, this ain't no Harlequin novel. LOL

Then I might as well dismiss the idea of the pirate shirt for the next one. Durn.

Tommy
08-08-2013, 02:00 AM
HA! The signature sheet sold me, going to order one now :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 02:06 AM
The book looks great! I missed out since I was at a cabin on the lake, but that's ok, wouldn't have been able to swing it anyway. I'll be happy with the eBook I have for now, and perhaps the PB at a later date as well.

As for creepy pictures, you should see my military id picture Kealan, lol! :eek:

Ha! Feel free to share!

As for THE NOVELLAS, the trade paperback has been released. You can get it for cheap on Amazon here (http://www.amazon.com/The-Novellas-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1484803264), or signed and personalized for a bit more at my website store here (http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com/shop/4576675440/The-Novellas-%28Signed-Trade-Paperback%29/6298990).

Tommy
08-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Sold out at publisher but I found a copy elsewhere, very pleased about this one! :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Sold out at publisher but I found a copy elsewhere, very pleased about this one! :cool:

Excellent! Glad you snagged a copy!

Tommy
08-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Excellent! Glad you snagged a copy!

Heck Yeah! Had to pay a little bit more but it serves me right for not ordering sooner

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Yes it does. Shame on you for not dropping everything just to grab a copy of my book. SHAME!

argendeli
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Looking forward to seeing this one. Come on Camelot!

Jim

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing this one. Come on Camelot!

Jim

Thank you sir!

RJK1981
08-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Ha! Feel free to share!

If I remember I will scan the id later tonight. Never turned it in after I got out since they didn't ask for it. Not that I can use it for anything though, it expired several years ago after I was out. Just having the picture to show off makes it worth keeping, lol. :p

Martin
08-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Received my copy last night and this is a beautiful book! I am tempted to put aside what I am reading to read this but I will try to resist. I inadvertently received two copies. I am working with Paul to get the second copy back to him.

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Received my copy last night and this is a beautiful book! I am tempted to put aside what I am reading to read this but I will try to resist. I inadvertently received two copies. I am working with Paul to get the second copy back to him.

Great stuff, Martin! Hope you dig it when you get to it.

And for anyone still interested in picking up the s/l, I believe Camelot Books (http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/the-novellas) still have a few copies in stock.

Tommy
08-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Bad Moon Books still has 4 copies left as well

http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=3681&cat=0&page=1

Highbury
08-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Still waiting on mine, the guys with the rubber gloves at the border are probably reading it.

RJK1981
08-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Ok Kealan, was going to post this last night, but forgot I had my printer unplugged since it is getting trashed due to it no longer printing (pretty sure a roller is broken, preventing paper from getting into the part that actually prints, and not being worth repairing), so instead took pictures of the picture part of my old id. The first picture was with the flash on, which didn't work, but I do like it anyway since it makes it look like most of my head is missing, lol

And here it is without text. I will say the picture seems more on the creepy side when looking at the physical id than at the picture, at least to me. That and I don't know what the mark is by my nose, it's not something that is actually on me, and it's not something I can see without taking a picture. The picture has been in my wallet for years though, so it's undoubtedly dirty and has small dents/scratches.

In the picture I basically look like someone who is perhaps a little crazy and ready to on a shooting spree or something, which some people actually played up in my unit, lol. Even my First Sergeant got into the act and how I would be in a tower or on the roof with a rifle and a bucket of chicken (gotta have my nourishment, after all, and I do love me some fried chicken). Hell, I found out one day some people fell for it because the day after we had some kind of company gathering. During the gathering one of my friends was talking crap about me behind my back but where I would obviously hear what he said. What I didn't hear and he told me about the next morning at work was that one of new guys in the unit got nervous and and said quietly "He's right there!" in a scared whispering voice. Now THAT was hilarious :p

People who knew me though knew it wasn't serious, and my neighbor told me she knew I was actually a nice guy. We had to cut the crazy act when we went to Iraq though, which was understandable.

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-10-2013, 06:12 PM
"He was always such a quiet man. None of us saw this coming..."

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Still waiting on mine, the guys with the rubber gloves at the border are probably reading it.

Damn their oily hides! They should pay for it like everybody else!

bookworm 1
08-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Damn I knew I should have applied to be a boarder guard.:o.Could have read it then sent it to you.

Highbury
08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Mine has arrived. I have been assigned #42. My God it smells like chemical, might be the glue or something. Nothing like reading Burke half baked. :)

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Mine has arrived. I have been assigned #42. My God it smells like chemical, might be the glue or something. Nothing like reading Burke half baked. :)

It's how I'd recommend doing it!

Tommy
08-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Got mine! #52, Love the freaky, seizure-inducing endpapers and the sexed-up signature sheet, now I just have to read the darn thing :cool:

bookworm 1
08-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Freaky seizure inducing sexed up sounds like Ed Lee not KPB.:o
Got mine! #52, Love the freaky, seizure-inducing endpapers and the sexed-up signature sheet, now I just have to read the darn thing :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-26-2013, 06:00 PM
I'd have to agree with you on that score.