PDA

View Full Version : So, how many folks are owed Books or Stories??

mhatchett
02-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Just asking!
Mike

srboone
02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
A personalized story, last two Essentials remarqued, upcoming two Essentials remarqued, and a letter about the first time Ron met Rob McCammon (from his ebay sale last year).

mhatchett
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
A personalized story, last two Essentials remarqued, upcoming two Essentials remarqued, and a letter about the first time Ron met Rob McCammon (from his ebay sale last year).
So I'm not alone in this boat of madness!! I have to say you're a little worse than me. Essentials 3 & 4 is what I'm waiting for. He can keep the story, I would have given him the money for his little girl to go on her trip. And I'll help out with the next one if he asks. I don't mind waiting as much as not getting a response to my emails or getting a straight answer about a reasonable time frame for delivery. I paid in April 2012. We need to get this out in the open and settled. The rest of y'all need to sack up if you're owed items. Come on Ron!! Do that right thing!!! All these folks respect you and your talent. Give 'em some respect back.

RJK1981
02-21-2013, 11:48 PM
I am waiting on my copy of Beneath The Bed, and that is all. Going to have to have him send it to where I will be staying for a little while.

bookworm 1
02-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Have you heard anything about when the next one is going to be out. I have the first 4 also. I can not remember is it 6 or 7 total?

cycloneed20
02-22-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm waiting on "Hindsight" -- part of the Essentials collection.

peteOcha
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I think its 8 total. Checked the THunderstorm Books site, but no news yet, that I could find.

billarm1
02-22-2013, 11:38 PM
I am owed copies 7, 8, 9, and Letter E of "Beneath the Bed".
The last I heard from Ron was in December. He stated that he was getting ready to ship them out the following week.
I have purchased other items directly from Ron with little delay, but this is getting frustrating.
This is kind of like CD in that you pay up front and sometimes get your book within a year. I have some items on order for 4 years or more.
Frustrating is all I can say.

billarm1
02-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Have you heard anything about when the next one is going to be out. I have the first 4 also. I can not remember is it 6 or 7 total?

I beleive that the number is 6. I know that this series of Ron Kelly's Essentials came to Thunderstorm from Full Moon Press and it was for 6 books.

adamjames
02-23-2013, 01:07 PM
It's all eight original Zebra novels. Pitfall, BloodKin, Father's Little Helper and Possesion are left. I think Paul at Thunderstorm is working to get two out per year plus this year the sequel to Hindsight which isn't part of the essentials.

I waited over a full year for the first set of essentials, it was a little frustrating, but I did get the books. Although I am a bit surprised that Ron hasn,t answered your emails because he is usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

mhatchett
02-23-2013, 01:42 PM
It's all eight original Zebra novels. Pitfall, BloodKin, Father's Little Helper and Possesion are left. I think Paul at Thunderstorm is working to get two out per year plus this year the sequel to Hindsight which isn't part of the essentials.

I waited over a full year for the first set of essentials, it was a little frustrating, but I did get the books. Although I am a bit surprised that Ron hasn,t answered your emails because he is usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

I recieved the first two in a reasonable amount of time. He did a great job, responded to emails. It was fine. The last books, 3 & 4 were published in August 2012, we aren't dealing with publishing delays.

Antmusic
02-23-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm waiting for Essentials and Beneath, but I'm not worried. I know he'll come through. 2012 was a horrible year for Ron's personal life, and I hope he'll be able to have a week where he can personalize and send out a whole bunch items that were pre-ordered from him.

halyndon
03-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Still waiting on beneath the bed.

Ronald Kelly
03-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Okay, folks. I know you don't want to hear about the Hell I went through in 2012. That's old news. I dropped the ball and I apologize. I'm a good person and not out to swindle or cheat anyone. I've been scrambling since December to catch up on writing deadlines and mail out books and stories owed.

Here's how it'll go: I'm going to concentrate on inscribing and remarquing (which takes alot of time) all books owed within the next two weeks and have them in the mail to you. This includes several international orders (sorry Pete!) that I owe my fans in Europe and Great Britian. I have about all of the copies of Beneath the Bed signed and numbered; just don't have them in the envelopes yet. I'll send them out by the last weekend in March. After all this is taken care of, I will no longer be offering discounted books to my fans. It's not fair to all of you to put up with my problems and procrastination, and, besides, Paul at Thunderstorm simply can't do an extra run of books to meet my demand.

I appreciate you all. Your Beneath the Bed contributions made the difference in Reilly going to Europe; without your interest, she would not have gone. Both she and I are in your debt for your participation. If we hadn't hit some potholes in our personal lives last year, you would have all had your stories by April of last year.

I hope to get overdue writing projects in the bag by the end of the year. I'm now halfway through the Signature Series book I'm writing for CD, but the 3/4 of the manuscript of A DARK & BLOODY GROUND is still trapped in crashed-hardddrive limbo, which I hope to take care of in a week or so.

All my best,

Ron

peteOcha
03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the update Ron. I think we all know that you're a good person and not out to cheat anyone. And even though I'm waiting for lots of stuff from you (thanks for the shout out!:)) I know life can be brutal and sometimes it throws so much your way that despite all of your best intentions, you just cant get to some things that you want to do and need to get done, no matter how hard you try. My sincere best wishes! Hope to see you around here more often, you've got our support!

Ronald Kelly
03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks, Pete. I appreciate that. :) I'll find an extra-sturdy box for your books and have them in route by this weekend.

cycloneed20
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Hey Ron: I was never worried about not receiving Hindsight in the Essentials collection. I know you're a busy guy. And, had gone through some family hardships. Keep up the good work!!!

Endless Horror Tale
03-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the update, Ron!

Ronald Kelly
04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
A quick update to let you folks know where I am on the shipping of books and stories:

Books: I mailed out a big batch of inscribed Essentials last Wednesday and hope to send out another batch this coming weekend. If yours wasn't in the first, likely it'll be in the second or third shipment. The time-consuming act of remarquing all of these is what's causing the hold-up.

Beneath the Bed: I've got a tall stack of manila envelopes on the corner of my desk; about a third of the BtheB's I need to mail. I had every intention of mailing these out last Friday, but all three of my kids had the flu and I never made it to the P.O. Anyway, this batch will go out tomorrow afternoon.

Personalized stories: I have about three or four personalized stories I'm doing for folks. I have the plots fleshed out, just need to find the time to sit down and do the writing. Hope to have these done by the end of April.

cycloneed20
04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the update Ron. I know you've been very busy with work and family.

Ben Staad
04-04-2013, 07:22 PM
The time-consuming act of remarquing all of these is what's causing the hold-up.

IMHO it is well worth the wait. Keep up the great work.

mhatchett
04-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Ron,
Thanks for The Dark 'Un! Arrived today.
Mike

Ronald Kelly
05-16-2013, 09:32 PM
An update on the books and stories: I'm getting the second batch of Beneath the Bed stories ready for mailing, as well as a few books I haven't sent out yet. Been busy trying to catch up on deadlines. I know it's a lame excuse, but when you're pulling a full time job and raising three young'uns (ages 5, 8, and 15) life just seems to overshadow your good intentions sometimes. :)

srboone
05-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info, Ron! Good to hear from you.

rjmyers
05-17-2013, 02:34 PM
An update on the books and stories: I'm getting the second batch of Beneath the Bed stories ready for mailing, as well as a few books I haven't sent out yet.

I really appreciate the updates too Ron. Sometimes I worry that you may have sent something, but the Post Office ate it before it made it to my door (which has happened too many times before).

cycloneed20
05-17-2013, 11:16 PM
If my copy of Hindsight in the Essentials comes to Oceanaire -- it comes. If not -- so be it.

peteOcha
05-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Pete. I appreciate that. :) I'll find an extra-sturdy box for your books and have them in route by this weekend.

Hey Ron, just wanted to know if you had an update on this as two months have passed and still nothing. :)

Ronald Kelly
05-27-2013, 05:50 AM
Sorry, Pete. Got your books packed, still need to mail them out... hopefully after the holiday.

halyndon
06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Hey. Has the second batch of Beneath the Bed been mailed out yet?

Thanks,

Rob

halyndon
07-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Anything?

rjmyers
07-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Anything?

I don't think so, as I am still waiting as well.

It's frustrating, but it seems like it's a case of best intentions turning into biting off more than you could chew. I know all the remarques are very time consuming, not to mention all the other things going on with their own deadlines, but unless something is made a priority something else will always come along to keep it from happening. I still look forward to the day when I receive this and other books ordered, but I no longer have any expectation on when that will occur.

peteOcha
07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Sorry, Pete. Got your books packed, still need to mail them out... hopefully after the holiday.

It's been another two months....

rjmyers
07-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Mr. Kelly recently posted an update in his blog, http://ronaldkelly.blogspot.com/ , that explains things in a very open and honest way. I look forward to getting my books, but even more he and his family getting through this difficult period. All the best Ron.

srboone
07-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the update. I hadn't checked his blog for a while as nothing had been posted since May of 2012. I tend to get the same way when things go bad for me, so I sympathize. Better days ahead, Ron. Keep the faith. I'll do the same.

jester05jk
08-02-2013, 06:10 PM
His website got updated too.

halyndon
09-11-2013, 02:39 PM
anyone receive anything the last couple months?

Ronald Kelly
09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey Folks! Just an update as to where I am on sending out books and such.

I'm currently remarquing and mailing out copies of The Dark'Un that I owe people; the printer shorted Thunderstorm on copies of Hindsight, and, in-turn, so was I, so if you ordered both books, I'll probably have to refund your money on that one, or subsitute it with a future book. Essentials 5 & 6 are still in the editing process, so it'll probably be the end of the year before they're released. I'm hoping to see Restless Shadows released in a month or so, so I should have those books by November (I hope!)

If you're overseas, I'll probably just give you a refund on your order. I bit off more than I could chew when I started taking international orders and I apologize for that. Believe me, my intentions were good, but you can't always please everyone without digging a hole for yourself sometimes.

I am in the process of printing and mailing out the last two rounds of the Beneath the Bed story and hope to have everyone's copy to them by November at the latest.

Again, sorry for the delay, but it's been a rough and rocky road during the past 18 months... but I'm finally hitting smooth pavement once again. Things are looking up!

Many Happy Nightmares!

Ron

RJK1981
09-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm glad things are looking up for you Ron!

jester05jk
09-16-2013, 04:01 PM
And just to back up what he said, I got my copy of "The Dark'un" last week.

T-Dogz_AK47
09-16-2013, 08:23 PM
It's been another two months....

Did you get your books in the end?

peteOcha
09-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Did you get your books in the end?

Nope. Talked to Ron though and he will be giving me my money back.

Ben Staad
09-25-2013, 03:37 AM
Sorry. I am glad to hear you are able to receive a refund though.

Nope. Talked to Ron though and he will be giving me my money back.

Endless Horror Tale
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Anybody heard anything on this front as of late? I'm still awaiting word on the last two "Essentials". Wrote Ron to check on things back at the beginning of November, and heard back saying he'd look into it. Haven't heard anything further as of yet.

Thanks!

mhatchett
02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Got it, Thanks Ron!!
Mike

Ronald Kelly
02-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Hope you enjoy it, Mike! :)

halyndon
04-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi. Any update with the Beneath the Bed shipments? I still haven't received my copy as of yet.

Thanks,

Rob

Ronald Kelly
04-17-2014, 04:14 PM
I lost alot of the BtheB information during my hard-drive crash. Private message me your name and address and I'll send yours out ASAP.

halyndon
07-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Any update on the shipments? I still haven't received mine. Thanks.

cycloneed20
07-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I've received all my Ron Kelly stuff. I just got done reading "Pitfall." There are some unsettling things here and there. But, I enjoyed the book. I can't wait for Essential No. 6.

halyndon
10-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey Ronald, I still haven't received the BtheB story. Any idea when you will ship this out to me? You should have my address.

Thanks,

rob

Ronald Kelly
10-22-2014, 12:42 PM
I thought I'd already sent this out to you, Rob, but found it yesterday beneath a stack of papers on my desk. I'll send it out ASAP. Again, sorry for the long delay, buddy.

halyndon
11-02-2014, 11:46 PM
THanks. I appreciate it.

Ben Staad
11-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Did it arrive?

THanks. I appreciate it.

Ben Staad
11-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Did it arrive?

THanks. I appreciate it.

halyndon
11-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Did it arrive?

Nope. Still waiting....

halyndon
01-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Anything on this Ron? I'm still waiting....

Endless Horror Tale
01-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Anyone heard anything recently on the missing books front? I'm still trying to work out a missing set of Essentials from late 2013. I've been in contact off and on with Ron in the time since then, but haven't heard anything in a while.

halyndon
01-31-2015, 02:50 AM
I'm not holding my breath.

Endless Horror Tale
02-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much where I am too. I've pretty much written the whole thing off. If I end up getting either the books or a refund at some point it will be an unexpected surprise. I know Ron has had a lot to deal with, but it's hard not to be at least a little disappointed.

halyndon
02-06-2015, 03:05 PM
It's a bit frustrating.

Endless Horror Tale
02-06-2015, 03:32 PM
It's a bit frustrating.

Yes, and that's a bit of an understatement. :p

I'm trying to keep it in perspective ("It's not the end of the world... It's not that much money... Surely you'll get your money or your books sooner or later...") but the words frustrating and disappointing pretty much hit the nail on the head. I check back here periodically to see if there has been any news or developments, but to be honest the whole experience has kinda turned me off.

Theli
02-06-2015, 05:11 PM
It's a damn shame is what it is.

halyndon
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM
I thought I'd already sent this out to you, Rob, but found it yesterday beneath a stack of papers on my desk. I'll send it out ASAP. Again, sorry for the long delay, buddy.

Ronald, anything new on this?

RJK1981
02-11-2015, 03:50 AM
I don't know how often he checks in here, so I'd suggest sending him a friendly e-mail (Which I'm sure you've done) and/or contacting him on Facebook.

Endless Horror Tale
02-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I know that I have tried contacting Ron via email and via the messaging system here. There was a time when his inbox was full and it wouldn't accept any new messages, and so there was a period of time where I'd thought I'd sent a follow-up message but I actually hadn't been able to. Once I realized the issue and Ron could accept new messages, I sent a follow up. I'm not sure if he's more active on Facebook, but I am not and will never be a Facebook user. Plus, the way I see it, the original solicitation for these books came through the forums here. I'm not sure why any follow-up or issues resolution shouldn't be handled here as well. I think a lot of us have given Ron the benefit of the doubt, especially in light of some of the trying times he's had, but it seems like a good number of folks have been dealing with delays, excuses, and unfulfilled promises & expectations. At this point, I'd really rather just have my money back and be done with the whole thing. I'm not meaning to come off as angry or unfair. I've just been left with a sour taste in my mouth after the whole experience.

halyndon
03-02-2015, 05:59 PM
anyone hear anything? updates? shipments? anything? Saw that Ron responded in the Blook Kin thread so maybe thought he peaked in here.

Endless Horror Tale
03-02-2015, 09:05 PM
No messages, no emails, no response, no books, no refund, no surprise. :(

Endless Horror Tale
03-05-2015, 03:06 PM
After all of the recent discussion, I went back through my PayPal records to see exactly how long I have been waiting on these missing books (The Dark 'Un and Hindsight). I submitted payment for these books on June 11, 2012 - close to three years ago! I like to think that in most cases I am a patient man, but this is bordering on the ridiculous. I have submitted a request to Ron to have my $88.00 refunded.

Edit: As a follow-up, I received a quick response from Ron this morning via email. Hopefully we'll be able to get this all taken care of soon. Thanks, Ron!

halyndon
05-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Hello Ronald,

I've sent an email several weeks ago and still haven't heard anything about my order from a couple years back..

halyndon
06-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Maybe now that you have time to sell and ship a bunch of eBay stuff maybe you'll get around to shipping orders from 3 years ago before you ship your current listings

bookworm 1
06-17-2015, 06:14 PM
He did have a hard drive issue and lost a whole novel that he had written. Maybe the records for your purchase were on the old hard drive.

Theli
06-18-2015, 04:50 PM
He did have a hard drive issue and lost a whole novel that he had written. Maybe the records for your purchase were on the old hard drive.
That doesn't give him the right not to fulfil his obligations to his fans/customers though, especially when given a grace period of 3 years. And assuming halyndon paid through Paypal, a record of the transaction would be kept online. This is clearly a case of Ron trying to avoid the problem. Look at the posts and for how long this has been going on. There's no excuse for this any more.

mhatchett
06-18-2015, 05:32 PM
It is a frustrating situation for everybody involved and I wish Ron would step up and make things right for folks.

adamjames
06-21-2015, 03:11 AM
I've been waiting awhile too. I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago that he was working on remarquing books. He took on a Herculian task remarquing the books.
It's frustrating waiting and waiting and waiting. I won a few book off the newest auction and foolishly expected my books to be with the Prozini book I won. They weren't.

It's not even the waiting that's the problem. It's the uncertainty, the books are sold out from the publisher and are no longer available. So, did I miss out? Am I not getting the books?
Those are the questions that worry me.

But, he's always come through for me in the past why wouldn't he now?
I just needed to vent. Sorry.

Endless Horror Tale
06-22-2015, 06:28 PM
I was in the "Three Years Missing" book club as well. I reached out to Ron via email back in March (after having done so previously via email and the messaging system here). He got back in touch with me, made arrangements to make a partial payment in March and said that he would make the remaining payment in April. I received March's payment, then April came and went with no word. I reached out to him again in May, and a short time later received a payment for the remaining balance.

It was a real bummer. I know that Ron has had some tough times, and I appreciate that it was finally made right - but the whole experience was handled poorly and really soured me on things.