PDA

View Full Version : NOS4A2 Signed Hardbounds:

Martin
02-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Many may already be aware of this but I thought I would post it in case some do not. Joe Hill will be signing copies of NOS4A2 at Waterstreet books before release. If you choose Priority mail they hope to get them to your door by release date. He will also sign two additional books and will personalize one book.

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/get-joe-hills-latest-book-nos4a2-signed-author

peteOcha
02-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Oh no!! How do I erase this from my mind!!?? Around every corner temptation awaits! :)

Thanks for this though, I was not aware of this. A personalized copy would be awesome!

RJK1981
02-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Gonna have to try and do this when March rolls around, thanks!

paperdragon
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the tip, took advantage of the three book deal. :cool:

uturnfilms
02-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Really cool-thanks!

Tommy
04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm glad you posted this Marin, I ordered my copy today, can't wait to read this, the advance notices sound very positive

Martin
04-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Glad you were able to get in on it. This is my most anticipated read for 2013.
I'm glad you posted this Marin, I ordered my copy today, can't wait to read this, the advance notices sound very positive

bookworm 1
04-10-2013, 12:00 AM
I still need to read Horns.I have it but have not read it yet.On another note regarding Joe Hill. Thumbprint is being released in comic book form over the summer.It is a 3 issue arc.

Martin
04-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Horns is a good read. You should try to get to it before the movie comes out this fall. I am looking forward to Thumbprint as well. IDW is acheduled to release Joe Hill's Terrifyingly Treasury Edition which has reprints of Freddie Wertham Goes to Hell, The original One Shot of The Cape and the Locke and Key short Open the Moon.
I still need to read Horns.I have it but have not read it yet.On another note regarding Joe Hill. Thumbprint is being released in comic book form over the summer.It is a 3 issue arc.

Martin
04-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Tomorrow midnight is the deadline to pre-order a signed copy from
http://waterstreetbooks.com/event/joe-hill-launches-his-new-novel-nos4a2-water-street-bookstore
and have it on or near release day.

Tommy
04-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Goldsboro books is offering signed copies of the UK edition on their website, not sure when the cut-off date is though
http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/nos4r2-joe-hill-signed-first-edition-3552.html

paperdragon
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Goldsboro books is offering signed copies of the UK edition on their website, not sure when the cut-off date is though
http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/nos4r2-joe-hill-signed-first-edition-3552.html

Nice, got one on order, thanks for the link. Love this cover, makes the US edition look sad.

Tommy
04-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Nice, got one on order, thanks for the link. Love this cover, makes the US edition look sad.

No problem, I like the UK cover better too, does anyone know why it is called NOS4R2 instead of the American NOS4A2?

Dave1442397
04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
No problem, I like the UK cover better too, does anyone know why it is called NOS4R2 instead of the American NOS4A2?

It's supposedly to do with the way Brits pronounce Nosferatu, although growing up in Ireland I never heard anyone pronounce it any differently than the way you'd expect. The Brits can't pronounce anything with an 'aw' without adding an 'r', eg drawring for drawing, but there you go.

Tommy
04-16-2013, 02:39 AM
It's supposedly to do with the way Brits pronounce Nosferatu, although growing up in Ireland I never heard anyone pronounce it any differently than the way you'd expect. The Brits can't pronounce anything with an 'aw' without adding an 'r', eg drawring for drawing, but there you go.

Cool, thanks, I probably never would have figured that one out ;)

Martin
06-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Received my signed UK edition of NOS4R2 from Goldsboro books today. Packaged very well and the dust jacket was wrapped in broadart sleeve. They even included a postcard promo for the book. First time buying from Goldsboro but will not be my last! I hope to have time to take some pictures of my recent additions tomorrow.

Joe315
06-23-2013, 02:27 AM
Goldsboro is a fantastic shop. Can't recommend them enough.

drain74
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I received a copy of NOS4A2 the other day, not signed and looks like it is a third printing, and the first thing I noticed was the condition of the edges of the pages. While some pages are cut neat a lot are rough and unfinished. I have attached a photo to show the condition.
I was wondering if this how the book is supposed to look or is it an unfinished copy?
Any info would be appreciated.

Martin
07-03-2013, 10:14 PM
That is the desired look. I believe the term is 'deckled'.
I received a copy of NOS4A2 the other day, not signed and looks like it is a third printing, and the first thing I noticed was the condition of the edges of the pages. While some pages are cut neat a lot are rough and unfinished. I have attached a photo to show the condition.
I was wondering if this how the book is supposed to look or is it an unfinished copy?
Any info would be appreciated.

drain74
07-03-2013, 10:39 PM
That is the desired look. I believe the term is 'deckled'.
Thanks for the quick response and information. It is the first time I have seen such a finish and was not aware of it.

Thanks again.

goathunter
07-04-2013, 02:29 AM
It's supposed to make the book look more expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deckle

Hunter

Martin
10-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Look like the Limited of NOS4A2 will ship late this week!

rusty23
10-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Look like the Limited of NOS4A2 will ship late this week!

:)

bsaenz24
10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
I think the limited is the ideal limited edition: Besides the standard signature, you get artwork AND bonus material with the alt. ending and the extra novella. Now THAT is a great limited edition and the oversized page size is a bonus to me.

Martin
10-08-2013, 04:31 PM
completely agree! Can't wait to have this one in my hands!
I think the limited is the ideal limited edition: Besides the standard signature, you get artwork AND bonus material with the alt. ending and the extra novella. Now THAT is a great limited edition and the oversized page size is a bonus to me.

Theli
10-12-2013, 06:28 AM
I really wish I had snatched one up. The novella and alternate ending (apparently Hill had written a much more dismal original ending) really intrigues me. The best I can hope for is some extras left over (fingers crossed) or even worse the secondary market.

Martin
10-12-2013, 06:44 AM
When he was in Portland Mr. Hill stated that his mother read the book when it was finished and liked but told him the ending had to go. He changed it and agreed that she was right.
I really wish I had snatched one up. The novella and alternate ending (apparently Hill had written a much more dismal original ending) really intrigues me. The best I can hope for is some extras left over (fingers crossed) or even worse the secondary market.

elsimpso
10-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I really wish I had snatched one up.

Me too! I have a S/L Dark Man I'd trade for a copy of the Subterranean S/L of NOS4A2. Anyone have any extras? :D

jhanic
10-14-2013, 01:14 AM
I had one of the s/l NOS4A2 editions ordered, but I ran into a cash crunch and cancelled the order.

John

Martin
10-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Got my shipping notice from Subterranean Press!

bsaenz24
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Me too!

bsaenz24
10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
For those who missed outon NOS4A2, the SubPress site said they WILL have a few copies at some point and to watch the newsletter and site. I would expect it would be at least next week or later to make sure all copies arrived safely and they don't need to replace any. Good luck!!

coderedx
10-17-2013, 05:47 PM
For those who missed outon NOS4A2, the SubPress site said they WILL have a few copies at some point and to watch the newsletter and site. I would expect it would be at least next week or later to make sure all copies arrived safely and they don't need to replace any. Good luck!!

I am going to be on that... I'm now going to monitor my email for SubPress like a hawk...

Joe315
10-17-2013, 06:55 PM
I am going to be on that... I'm now going to monitor my email for SubPress like a hawk...

Same here. Thanks for the update bsaenz.

bsaenz24
10-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Ok, I am really not trying to rub it in for those who did not order it, but I just got the SubPress edition of NOS4A2 and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I think there are 7?? color plates...Charlie, Wraith, Vic, Bing, the husband, two kids, Maggie...I *think* that's it. It's a gorgeous production...plus the alt ending and the extra novella.

This is really a MUST HAVE for the horror reader!!

Theli
10-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Ok, I am really not trying to rub it in for those who did not order it, but I just got the SubPress edition of NOS4A2 and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I think there are 7?? color plates...Charlie, Wraith, Vic, Bing, the husband, two kids, Maggie...I *think* that's it. It's a gorgeous production...plus the alt ending and the extra novella.

This is really a MUST HAVE for the horror reader!!

Admit it you are trying to rub it in. This sounds so damn good. Feel like taking some pics when if you get the chance?

bsaenz24
10-18-2013, 06:23 PM
I will if I get time, but free time is really limited now. Seriously though, whoever missed it that thought they might want one, keep an eye on SubPress for the extra copies. It is well worth the $.

Martin
10-18-2013, 07:45 PM
I hope to have mine next week!
I will if I get time, but free time is really limited now. Seriously though, whoever missed it that thought they might want one, keep an eye on SubPress for the extra copies. It is well worth the $.

coderedx
10-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Same here. Thanks for the update bsaenz.

I emailed SubPress today about another book, and I asked when they thought they'd make the anouncement about NOS4A2 extra copies. They said it might be a "few weeks." Sigh.

Joe315
10-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Figures. They will probably wait to make sure no replacements are needed.

T-Dogz_AK47
10-19-2013, 12:44 PM
So how much were the S/L and Lettered editions of this book? :confused:

When you visit the NOS4A2 page on the Subterranean Press website, it just says 'Sold Out.' I just need to know the price of this book, so that I can determine if it's financially viable to try and get a copy if and when they release the extra ones.

Martin
10-19-2013, 03:15 PM
The Limited was $125.00. Not sure on the Lettered since I did not order one.

When you visit the NOS4A2 page on the Subterranean Press website, it just says 'Sold Out.' I just need to know the price of this book, so that I can determine if it's financially viable to try and get a copy if and when they release the extra ones.

thelion
10-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Here you go:

Limited: 750 signed numbered copies, illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez: $125
Lettered: 26 signed, specially bound copies, housed in a custom tray case: $1000

T-Dogz_AK47
10-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Here you go:

Limited: 750 signed numbered copies, illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez: $125
Lettered: 26 signed, specially bound copies, housed in a custom tray case: $1000

$125 for a limited edition is quite reasonable so I may be up for this.
$1000 for the lettered edition is seriously hard core. I just can't afford that (not even a pay rise in my job would help). :(

bsaenz24
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm sure the lettered will be beautiful, but that's an insane amount of money for a book!! Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of people who say that about the limited too and I needed one of those!!

Martin
10-21-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope to have mine when I get home tonight!

rusty23
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Got mine over the weekend. Wow, it is a beautiful book! I need to update my collection thread with some pics.

Dave1442397
10-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Got mine today. I haven't had a chance to open it yet, but I want to read the novella soon.

Joe315
10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks CD!!

bsaenz24
10-24-2013, 01:53 PM
SubPress just sent an email that copies of NOS4A2 are available again. Go get 'em!!!

They said there were only 28 left, so why are you still reading this post and not placing an order??

bsaenz24
10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Damn. And they're....gone....

Sock Monkey
10-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I got my e-mail late, but as soon as I did get it I went to the Sub Press site and they were sold out again. Good for them and congrats to whomever was able to get one!

Tommy
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
So I missed the Sub Press edition the first time it was offered, missed the offer this morning from them and now I missed the offer from CD, it was simply not meant for me to have this book :(

Theli
10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
So I missed the Sub Press edition the first time it was offered, missed the offer this morning from them and now I missed the offer from CD, it was simply not meant for me to have this book :(
I am really bummed to, because this just happened to me. I am still hoping on maybe a lightly damaged book when they are made available. I want this one so bad, I really enjoyed the book and the alternate ending is just so juicy. I really don't want to pay the after market on this either.

Tommy
10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I am really bummed to, because this just happened to me. I am still hoping on maybe a lightly damaged book when they are made available. I want this one so bad, I really enjoyed the book and the alternate ending is just so juicy. I really don't want to pay the after market on this either.

I hope the after market comes down some, sigh

pennynutter
10-24-2013, 07:03 PM
What is the secret??? I tried SubT no more than 5 minutes of the email notification and CD within a minute and nada. . . . I'm sad because now they are showing up on ebay for in excess of $350 :mad: The collectors miss out while the entrepreneurs double their money. I just want it in my hands so I can admire it and take it all in. . . . is that too much to ask for?

Tommy
10-24-2013, 07:25 PM
What is the secret??? I tried SubT no more than 5 minutes of the email notification and CD within a minute and nada. . . . I'm sad because now they are showing up on ebay for in excess of $350 :mad: The collectors miss out while the entrepreneurs double their money. I just want it in my hands so I can admire it and take it all in. . . . is that too much to ask for?

I know how you feel, I wanted a copy for the extra material because I read the book when it came out and liked it so much, I wouldn't resale mine but keep it because it is such a nice book but it's not to be unless I luck out on a PC or a damaged copy

Theli
10-24-2013, 07:40 PM
It is sort of a piss off, that all these resellers buy up all the copies, and fans like you or I get screwed.

pennynutter
10-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky with the "lightly" damaged copies. hope so!

Tommy
10-24-2013, 08:07 PM
I hope so too and next time I will not sleep until I get my copy, I'll sleep when I'm dead! :eek:

bsaenz24
10-24-2013, 08:38 PM

I think the issue is most likely the length of time it takes for their entire email list to be processed and for everyone to actually get that email based on their own providers.

pennynutter
10-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I guess luck has to be on your side. That was just me having a tantrum because I missed out. I'm better now.

coderedx
10-25-2013, 03:05 AM
That email came the one day of the month I had work meetings... so I missed out. :(

I'm sure they'll end up being reasonably priced on the secondary market in a few months. Most books are... I've bought a lot of SubPress's books below their original price on eBay recently...

T-Dogz_AK47
10-25-2013, 04:44 AM
That email came the one day of the month I had work meetings... so I missed out. :(

I'm sure they'll end up being reasonably priced on the secondary market in a few months. Most books are... I've bought a lot of SubPress's books below their original price on eBay recently...

I was at work too when I received the email from Sub Press and the one from CD. I was in the middle of around 3 hours of back-to-back client interviews, so I had less than zero chance of scoring a copy.

Although this was quite disappointing, what really concerns me is the fact that when CD announce a really big release like a Stephen King book in the future, I am going to miss out in exactly the same way. :(

frik51
10-25-2013, 05:02 AM
What is the secret??? I tried SubT no more than 5 minutes of the email notification and CD within a minute and nada. . .

The secret is simple: once you have received an e-mail, you're too late already. You'll have the catch the book when the announcement is made directly at the SubPress site. This happened to me when extra copies of GMM's A Dance With Dragons were made available. I caught the message while visiting the site, pounced, got my S/L order in and once the e-mail arrived, the books were long gone. (There were fewer left than 28 obviously).

sk

bookworm 1
10-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Yea I was sleeping g after working a 16 hour shift. Missed this one as well. Was upset about it for about an hour then had to come back to work for another 16 hour shift which I am in the middle of now. Sometimes you just miss out and other times you get lucky. Congratulations to those who were able to get one of the extra copies.

jigertz
10-26-2013, 04:38 AM
Then there are the dumbasses like me who decide they can't live without this book and buy it off eBay for almost $400. I'll never pass up a limited that I'm interested in again.

Theli
10-26-2013, 06:04 AM
I may reach that point, but not now.

bookworm 1
10-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I do not think I will either. I have come close to loosing my mind over a book before. Never again..... Well I guess never say never.

T-Dogz_AK47
10-26-2013, 08:16 PM
I do not think I will either. I have come close to loosing my mind over a book before. Never again..... Well I guess never say never.

I definitely started to lose my mind over the S/L edition of IT and came very close with The Exorcist. Some books have the capacity to do that, especially if they are difficult to get hold of. Makes you want it even more!!! :p

pennynutter
10-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Well, I have to say that I am glad there are other "book crazy" (as my friends call me) people in this world other than myself.

Theli
10-27-2013, 04:27 AM
I definitely started to lose my mind over the S/L edition of IT and came very close with The Exorcist. Some books have the capacity to do that, especially if they are difficult to get hold of. Makes you want it even more!!! :p

A signed copy of It is still one of my holy grails, one I would love to own, but just don't have the cash for it at the moment. Luckily Dan was able to hook me up with a gift edition recently, which is awesome. He also hooked me up with the S/L The Exorcist, which I was really wanting. The Out of Stock thread is awesome.

Joe315
10-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Well, I have to say that I am glad there are other "book crazy" (as my friends call me) people in this world other than myself.

You are in good company here.

pennynutter
10-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Dinged copies were just posted on the SubT site! hurry, they are $75.00

Theli
10-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Dinged copies were just posted on the SubT site! hurry, they are $75.00

Thank you, so much! I just snagged a copy, didn't even get an e-mail from Sub. about the dings yet!

You save my wallet and sanity.

pennynutter
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I didn't get any notification either, I was just browsing and there it was. I'm sure it is still going to be a beautiful copy as sometimes what they consider a ding, goes unnoticeable to others. I'm excited about my little dinger!

TacomaDiver
10-27-2013, 05:29 PM
I just ordered a copy as well. Admittedly I didn't appreciate Joe Hill enough when this book was announced so I missed the window to buy it the first time. A dinged copy is good enough. Excited to get this one.

bookworm 1
10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Tempting but trying to be good.

T-Dogz_AK47
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
I am going to pass on this, as I am particularly fussy about having a flawless copy for S/L editions. Even the smallest 'ding' would piss me off.

Martin
10-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Dinged copies are always a crapshoot. I have received dinged copies that I could not tell were damaged and copies that had significant damage.

I am going to pass on this, as I am particularly fussy about having a flawless copy for S/L editions. Even the smallest 'ding' would piss me off.

mhatchett
10-27-2013, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=Martin;58713]Dinged copies are always a crapshoot. I have received dinged copies that I could not tell were damaged and copies that had significant damage.[/QUOT

I've usually fared pretty well with dings. Clearly they aren't for everybody

Martin
10-27-2013, 10:42 PM
I have fared well more often than not.

[QUOTE=Martin;58713]Dinged copies are always a crapshoot. I have received dinged copies that I could not tell were damaged and copies that had significant damage.[/QUOT

I've usually fared pretty well with dings. Clearly they aren't for everybody

Theli
10-28-2013, 12:06 AM
This is actually the first "dinged" copy I have bought. Normally I would rather pay the $125 for a regular copy, but $75 instead of $400 on the secondary market is much prefered. As long as it's not a large portion of damage, I won't really care. I am mostly getting this for the alternate ending and novella.

bookworm 1
10-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Passed and now the dinged copies are gone. Funny I am ok with missing out on this one.

pennynutter
10-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Life's a gamble but it doesn't stop us from living now does it. When they come in I'll show you my ding if you show me yours . . .

Theli
10-28-2013, 01:14 AM
Life's a gamble but it doesn't stop us from living now does it. When they come in I'll show you my ding if you show me yours . . .
lol when you put it that way...

bsaenz24
11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
[From SubPress' site]

Slipcases for Joe Hill’s NOS4A2 Coming Soon
November 5th

Hey all. A quick note on Joe Hill’s NOS4A2…

We’re at work on our first optional slipcase, which will feature an original illustration by Gabriel Rodriguez.

We’ll post more news, and the artwork, very shortly.

Tommy
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM
[From SubPress' site]

November 5th

We’re at work on our first optional slipcase, which will feature an original illustration by Gabriel Rodriguez.

Sweet! I managed to snag one of the dinged copies, got number 722, never been so glad to receive a damaged book in my life but honestly after inspecting it, I have a hard time telling what's wrong with it

Theli
11-06-2013, 02:18 AM
[From SubPress' site]

November 5th

I might have to pick one up with my next sub. press order.

rusty23
11-06-2013, 02:47 AM
I will be getting one....

Joe315
11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Sub Press is making a slipcase for the S/L of NOS4A2. The orders are open until 11/15.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/nos4a2_slipcase_preorder

Theli
11-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Apparently only available for another couple weeks or so, i will have to pass.

Dave1442397
11-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Sub Press is making a slipcase for the S/L of NOS4A2. The orders are open until 11/15.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/nos4a2_slipcase_preorder

Yeah, I got that email...I think I might have to get one of those.

TacomaDiver
11-10-2013, 03:18 AM
My "dinged" copy arrives today (actually it arrived on Wednesday, but I wasn't able to pick it up until today.)

I got number 713 and can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it. It's a gorgeous edition. Love it.

pennynutter
11-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Sweet! I managed to snag one of the dinged copies, got number 722, never been so glad to receive a damaged book in my life but honestly after inspecting it, I have a hard time telling what's wrong with it

I got my dinger as well. I inspected this book inside and out and after about an hour or so, I think I felt it more than saw it. This was a gamble that I'm glad I took. Don't know if I'll get the slipcase though, or anything else for that matter. I got a notice that my insurance premiums are increasing 110% and deductibles are skyrocketing so that will cut into my disposable income significantly, unfortunately. I'll have to check and see what kind of mental health coverage I have because I'm sure I will go insane when I miss out on great books! I'm feeling anxious just thinking about it . . . . . :p

Theli
11-10-2013, 04:34 PM
That really sucks, pennynutter. I got my copy just recently and I inspected the book for a while and I'm not sure I found the defect. There some light swirl marks on the top of the pages, but I don't know if it's intentional or not.

Joe315
11-11-2013, 01:59 AM
Hey Brian or Dan,

Did you guys ship out your allotment of NOS4A2 yet?

Thanks

Dan Hocker
11-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Hey Brian or Dan,

Did you guys ship out your allotment of NOS4A2 yet?

Thanks

Nope the books have not arrived yet. It will be a bit before we can fit them into the schedule as Doctor Sleep is causing a bit of a back log of other things to receive and ship.

Joe315
11-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Martin
06-08-2017, 06:09 AM
I received a new NOS4A2 item today, one that I had not seen before. I will try to post pictures this weekend.