Remake of Pet Semetery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remake of Pet Semetery

This is one of only 2 movies that still freak me out from childhood. So much so, that not only do I not own it, I will quickly go past it while channel surfing. I'm against remaking this one. Why do they want to? It ain't broke, so don't fix it. There have been so many bad remakes lately, The Fog comes to mind. What do all of you think? Remake or leave it alone?

Well, most of what IS getting remade are horror films, so I'll be there's a good chance someone will get around to it eventually. I'm ok with the movie as it is.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Didn't care for the movie as a whole, might have if I had seen it when it came out but not watching it for the first time probably a good 10 years after it was made (I woulda been 13..but I honestly think I was even older than that when I first saw it.) The Kid however...HIGHLY creepy. He was amazing. I'd watch it again and again to see him. lol

Comment

Pet Semetary is pretty good IMO. I believe I own it on DVD actually. It has been on a couple times over the last 3 months on satellite here. The sequel is not good - don't like it at all! I would be OK if they remade it, as long as it was done good. It's the type of movie where the modern special fx wouldn't make too much of a difference.

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT REMAKE ANOTHER CLASSIC!!!!!!! Ok much better now.

Comment

I agree with Bookworm. They need to stop. No one knows how to make scary movies anymore! I mean the good ones, where they scare you as a kid and can still freak you out as an adult. I don't like modern FX, it sucks! When my oldest child was 5, she loved American Werewolf in Paris, she didn't even think it was scary. Of course, I didn't either, the wolves were computerized. To properly scare her, I put in the London one and then The Howling and you know she actually screamed! I scream just thinking about there being kids out there that think the newest Freddy Krueger is the original!

Comment

I have no problem with remakes, even if I did really like the original. A remake wont make me like the original less, it wont change the original. I see no chance for loss here, only gain if they can get it right. If not...that means only more love for the original.

Comment

Usually a remake only makes the original age better. When it come to movie remakes, my philosophy is "Every generation has the RIGHT to prove to an older generation that the fears it harbors about the younger ones is justified."

You can quote me.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I think I will quote you. I really like that.

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Kind of like the song.Every Generation has it's own disease etc. etc.
                      Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Usually a remake only makes the original age better. When it come to movie remakes, my philosophy is "Every generation has the RIGHT to prove to an older generation that the fears it harbors about the younger ones is justified."

You can quote me.

Comment

Dear Powers That Be, in the name of all that is holy, change the "Cemetery" in the three title to "Sematary".

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Dear Powers That Be, in the name of all that is holy, change the "Cemetery" in the three title to "Sematary".

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            You wish has been granted. Now bow before the power of the almighty admin!!! Just kidding.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              You wish has been granted. Now bow before the power of the almighty admin!!! Just kidding.
                              Bowing now!! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X