Does any one remember this book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does any one remember this book?

I read a book when I was in 7th grade (1989/90) that I still think about every once in a while. Can't remember the title or author. It was about a young girl who received a necklace or an amulet from her dead grandmother. The dead grandmother begains to posses the little girl through it.
    Ring a bell to anyone?
    "now youes can't leave"
    A Bronx Tale
    directed by Robert De Niro.

Hmm...was this a popular fiction novel or a young adult novel? Sounds like the plot of a VC Andrews book (none of which I have read...).
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It is not ringing a bell to me.

Comment

I don't know if it was popular,but I think it would have placed under the catagory of horror. I don't remember it being V.C. Andrews, but I'm going to have a look and see what I run across.
        Thanks,
        "now youes can't leave"
        A Bronx Tale

Comment

How about The Influence by Ramsey Campbell? If I remember correctly it is about a girl being possessed by her grandmother. Don't know if there's an necklace/amulet involved though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            How about The Influence by Ramsey Campbell? If I remember correctly it is about a girl being possessed by her grandmother. Don't know if there's an necklace/amulet involved though.
            I think this might be it. Found a copy on Amazon for 4.00. Thank you so much. I don't know why but every once in awhile this story would pop into my head and I couldn't remember the title. Now I'll be able to read it and find out what it was about this story that haunted me for 20 years.
            "now youes can't leave"
            A Bronx Tale

Comment

Not a problem! I'm glad I could help out. Campbell's one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy the book!

Comment

Working...
              X