PDA

View Full Version : PAPERBACK EDITIONS OF KIN & OTHERS...

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Hey All:

Just thought there might be some folks here interested to know that a number of my books, previously only available either in digital or out of print hardcover, have been released as paperbacks:

KIN (http://www.amazon.com/Kin-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479110493/ref=la_B002BLW1IU_1_2_title_0_main?ie=UTF8&qid=1355434805&sr=1-2)
CURRENCY OF SOULS (http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Souls-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479142182/ref=la_B002BLW1IU_1_5_title_0_main?ie=UTF8&qid=1355434805&sr=1-5)
MASTER OF THE MOORS (http://www.amazon.com/Master-Moors-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479135895/ref=la_B002BLW1IU_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1355434805&sr=1-6)
THE NUMBER 121 TO PENNSYLVANIA & OTHERS (http://www.amazon.com/Number-121-Pennsylvania-Others/dp/1481030094/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355434901&sr=1-2&keywords=the+number+121+to+pennsylvania)

RAVENOUS GHOSTS will follow soon!

All the best,

Kealan

Martin
12-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Great news! I will be looking for Currency of Souls and Master of the Moors this weekend!

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Great news! I will be looking for Currency of Souls and Master of the Moors this weekend!

Thanks Martin!

bookworm 1
12-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Already got the paperbacks of Currency and Master.Own the hard cover limited of the other 2. Looking forward to more pb releases.
Thanks Martin!

Ben Staad
12-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey All:

Just thought there might be some folks here interested to know that a number of my books, previously only available either in digital or out of print hardcover, have been released as paperbacks:

KIN (http://www.amazon.com/Kin-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479110493/ref=la_B002BLW1IU_1_2_title_0_main?ie=UTF8&qid=1355434805&sr=1-2)
CURRENCY OF SOULS (http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Souls-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479142182/ref=la_B002BLW1IU_1_5_title_0_main?ie=UTF8&qid=1355434805&sr=1-5)
MASTER OF THE MOORS (http://www.amazon.com/Master-Moors-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479135895/ref=la_B002BLW1IU_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1355434805&sr=1-6)
THE NUMBER 121 TO PENNSYLVANIA & OTHERS (http://www.amazon.com/Number-121-Pennsylvania-Others/dp/1481030094/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355434901&sr=1-2&keywords=the+number+121+to+pennsylvania)

RAVENOUS GHOSTS will follow soon!

All the best,

Kealan

Very good news. Are you publishing these yourself? Just curious.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Already got the paperbacks of Currency and Master.Own the hard cover limited of the other 2. Looking forward to more pb releases.

Thank you sir!

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Very good news. Are you publishing these yourself? Just curious.

I am indeed, Tim!

Here is a picture of CURRENCY:

Martin
12-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Are they available at major retailers? I am planning on hitting Powell's to look for these.

Ben Staad
12-14-2012, 07:01 PM
I am indeed, Tim!

Awesome. This is even a better reason to buy these books. Congrats and best of luck.

peteOcha
12-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Great news!

RJK1981
12-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Might have to get Currency of Souls when I get money. I still wanna get a hold of The Number 121 as well, though I might still stick with finding a HC copy. Knowing how I am with short story collections (I have a few, mostly from CD, but I am not good about actually reading them. I still haven't even finished Shivers VI or any of the other large collections I have gotten, lol) it isn't a high priority though.

TJCams
12-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Kealan. I found out about you through CD. Although I have yet to read one of your books, I do plan on getting one. Heard lots of good reviews.

peteOcha
12-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I highly recommend Kin TJ! Its a great one to start out with!

RJK1981
12-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up Kealan. I found out about you through CD. Although I have yet to read one of your books, I do plan on getting one. Heard lots of good reviews.

Do you read eBooks? The Turtle Boy is free on Amazon Kindle (Don't need an actual Kindle to read it either), or 4.99 for the whole Timmy Quinn series, which starts with Turle Boy.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey Martin! Honestly, I'm not sure. They can be ordered by the stores, but I don't have any reports yet of them appearing there.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Awesome. This is even a better reason to buy these books. Congrats and best of luck.

Thanks Tim! I have to admit, it's been a fun and enlightening process doing everything from the design to the promotion myself (and I will never bitch about a publisher again -- it's a lot of work.)

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Great news!

Thanks Pete!

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Might have to get Currency of Souls when I get money. I still wanna get a hold of The Number 121 as well, though I might still stick with finding a HC copy. Knowing how I am with short story collections (I have a few, mostly from CD, but I am not good about actually reading them. I still haven't even finished Shivers VI or any of the other large collections I have gotten, lol) it isn't a high priority though.

CD's version of THE NUMBER 121 is far and away the superior one, and easily one of my all-time favorite books. It's a gorgeous edition. If you can track it down, definitely try and snag a copy.

And I'm with you on collections. I'm the same. I think, unlike novels, they exist to be savored bit by bit over time. I have some collections and anthologies here that I've been reading for ten years.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-15-2012, 09:42 PM

Hey thanks, TJ, and I'm glad you found me! As others have said here, I would recommend KIN or THE TURTLE BOY as good places to start. If you do take the chance, I hope you enjoy them!

RJK1981
12-16-2012, 02:41 AM
CD's version of THE NUMBER 121 is far and away the superior one, and easily one of my all-time favorite books. It's a gorgeous edition. If you can track it down, definitely try and snag a copy.

And I'm with you on collections. I'm the same. I think, unlike novels, they exist to be savored bit by bit over time. I have some collections and anthologies here that I've been reading for ten years.

I do plan to get it, though not sure when yet. Need money first. Will end up having to make room for it on one of my bookcases that has contains all my Signed Limited Editions and unsigned books from companies like Cemetery Dance, but that shouldn't be a problem since I still have some non-small press hardcovers on one of the bookcases. Will probably wait until I move somewhere else though as I will need to purchase another bookcase as well anyway since I am running out of room (less than a shelf left, lol) and have over 20 books on orde still!

I did read King's Full Dark, No Stars straight through without switching to something else between stories, but that is the only collection that has happened with, and was partly because I was just hanging out with my girlfriend (Who I married less than a year later) as well as taking care of her since she had seriously hurt her ankle not too long before Christmas and there was no way she was going anywhere like that and needed help with doing most things since she couldn't walk. That also allowed her family to be able to keep their plans instead of cancelling at the last minute. Don't think either of us will forget that one, lol, was our first Christmas together. Was also the first (and so far only) King collection I have read. I'm sure if it wasn't for the circumstances surrounding it I wouldn't remember when it was I read that collection though. Had to guess on when I read a few books when marking them as read on Goodreads.

Oh, and I would agree with Kin being a good start too. Still reading it, but am loving it. Would be finished by now, but took November off from reading pretty much due to NaNoWriMo and finally have started reading a lot again a couple days ago. Read a little when at my in-laws, but had finished part one of Kin at the end of Oct. so I figured I was at the perfect stopping point and didn't want to start and not continue the next part.

srboone
12-16-2012, 04:14 AM
I found a good price on the CD S/L of 121, but I also need to save money. But I could get the pb from B&N for around 5 bucks all told--seriously thinking on it.

But Kin is an outstanding read!

Martin
12-16-2012, 07:20 AM
I highly recommend #121, some great story telling in this one!
I found a good price on the CD S/L of 121, but I also need to save money. But I could get the pb from B&N for around 5 bucks all told--seriously thinking on it.

TJCams
12-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey thanks, TJ, and I'm glad you found me! As others have said here, I would recommend KIN or THE TURTLE BOY as good places to start. If you do take the chance, I hope you enjoy them!

Oh, I will grab one eventually. It's great to be able to diversify on the authors I am reading, and I 100% can attribute that to finding the CD website/forums.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-17-2012, 10:51 PM
I do plan to get it, though not sure when yet. Need money first. Will end up having to make room for it on one of my bookcases that has contains all my Signed Limited Editions and unsigned books from companies like Cemetery Dance, but that shouldn't be a problem since I still have some non-small press hardcovers on one of the bookcases. Will probably wait until I move somewhere else though as I will need to purchase another bookcase as well anyway since I am running out of room (less than a shelf left, lol) and have over 20 books on orde still!

This is exactly the predicament in which I find myself. I recently reacquired three large boxes from my ex-wife's basement, and there are about 300 books in them, which would be fine if my shelves weren't already sagging under the weight of those I already have. But while good sense advises I hold off book buying until I find homes for the current titles, I can't seem to do it.

I did read King's Full Dark, No Stars straight through without switching to something else between stories, but that is the only collection that has happened with, and was partly because I was just hanging out with my girlfriend (Who I married less than a year later) as well as taking care of her since she had seriously hurt her ankle not too long before Christmas and there was no way she was going anywhere like that and needed help with doing most things since she couldn't walk. That also allowed her family to be able to keep their plans instead of cancelling at the last minute. Don't think either of us will forget that one, lol, was our first Christmas together. Was also the first (and so far only) King collection I have read. I'm sure if it wasn't for the circumstances surrounding it I wouldn't remember when it was I read that collection though. Had to guess on when I read a few books when marking them as read on Goodreads.

That's one I read all the way through too. An excellent collection. I think I always end up reading King's stuff straight through. Same with Joe Hill's collection 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS, which was superb.

Oh, and I would agree with Kin being a good start too. Still reading it, but am loving it. Would be finished by now, but took November off from reading pretty much due to NaNoWriMo and finally have started reading a lot again a couple days ago. Read a little when at my in-laws, but had finished part one of Kin at the end of Oct. so I figured I was at the perfect stopping point and didn't want to start and not continue the next part.

I hope you dig it!

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Thank you, sir! And hey, if it saves money, I'm always down with the cheaper option!

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I highly recommend #121, some great story telling in this one!

Thanks Martin! I'm very proud of that book.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Oh, I will grab one eventually. It's great to be able to diversify on the authors I am reading, and I 100% can attribute that to finding the CD website/forums.

Glad you did, TJ. CD are great, and the forums here are a lot of fun.

Martin
12-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Well, as of now Powell's does not have your paperbacks. They did have a limited edition of Currency of Soul's for $25.00 that I almost bought. Ended up passing due to book condition. I would rather pick up a paperback then a beat up limited.

RJK1981
12-18-2012, 03:42 AM

Yeah, CD is good for that. I have discovered and become a fan of a lot of authors through Cemetery Dance, andit all started with King's Blockade Billy. My second purchase was either Simon Clark's King Blood (which was gutsy since I had never even heard of him before, lol) or Blatty's Exorcist/Legion book. Dicovered Brian Keene through my first grab bag.

I discovered Burke through CD as well, though I didn't read a CD title of his first, found a good deal on a Turtle Boy HC. I still don't know how I got that lucky, don't think it was an eBay swipe, though it was from there.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-18-2012, 04:32 AM
Well, as of now Powell's does not have your paperbacks. They did have a limited edition of Currency of Soul's for $25.00 that I almost bought. Ended up passing due to book condition. I would rather pick up a paperback then a beat up limited.

Yeah, I'd have passed on that too, especially as I'll be offering discount coupons on my paperbacks in the upcoming newsletter ;-)

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Yeah, CD is good for that. I have discovered and become a fan of a lot of authors through Cemetery Dance, andit all started with King's Blockade Billy. My second purchase was either Simon Clark's King Blood (which was gutsy since I had never even heard of him before, lol) or Blatty's Exorcist/Legion book. Dicovered Brian Keene through my first grab bag.

I discovered Burke through CD as well, though I didn't read a CD title of his first, found a good deal on a Turtle Boy HC. I still don't know how I got that lucky, don't think it was an eBay swipe, though it was from there.

I think it's easier nowadays to get a copy of TTB. I just won a copy on eBay for about $15. A few years ago, I'd have been lucky to get one for ten times that. I think digital availability has affected the second hand value of the titles. Makes me feel bad for the collectors, but honestly I just want people to be able to read the books.

RJK1981
12-18-2012, 12:18 PM
I think it's easier nowadays to get a copy of TTB. I just won a copy on eBay for about $15. A few years ago, I'd have been lucky to get one for ten times that. I think digital availability has affected the second hand value of the titles. Makes me feel bad for the collectors, but honestly I just want people to be able to read the books.

I would agree, plus with the down economy prices likely dropped a lot. I don't remember right now what I got Turle Boy for, but I think it was around that, maybe even less. The cheapest I'd seen for that at the time was around $65-70, closer to $100 for one in new condition.

I am a collector, but I got into the game late, so a lot of what I have gotten has been for pretty cheap. I'm also not a hard core collector as I will read most of my signed limited editions. I will never read my limited edition of the the 25th anniversary edition of It that CD did. I do plan to read my copy of the gift edition though

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I would agree, plus with the down economy prices likely dropped a lot. I don't remember right now what I got Turle Boy for, but I think it was around that, maybe even less. The cheapest I'd seen for that at the time was around $65-70, closer to $100 for one in new condition.

I am a collector, but I got into the game late, so a lot of what I have gotten has been for pretty cheap. I'm also not a hard core collector as I will read most of my signed limited editions. I will never read my limited edition of the the 25th anniversary edition of It that CD did. I do plan to read my copy of the gift edition though

I know what you mean. I'll buy signed limiteds, but I read them all, which devalues them immediately, but that's fine by me. I don't buy books with the intent to resell them.

Martin
12-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I buy limited editions for the stories and the production quality. I do not buy a book I would be unwilling to read. I am careful with my books no matter the edition because I want them to continue to look good and to last. Much to my wife's chagrin I have no interest in selling my books.
I know what you mean. I'll buy signed limiteds, but I read them all, which devalues them immediately, but that's fine by me. I don't buy books with the intent to resell them.

Martin
12-20-2012, 08:07 PM
barnes & Noble does not have them either. I guess I will be watching for your newsletter.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
barnes & Noble does not have them either. I guess I will be watching for your newsletter.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize that "expanded distribution" must refer to online merchants and not brick-and-mortar stores, which does not thrill me.

RJK1981
12-20-2012, 10:55 PM
I buy limited editions for the stories and the production quality. I do not buy a book I would be unwilling to read. I am careful with my books no matter the edition because I want them to continue to look good and to last. Much to my wife's chagrin I have no interest in selling my books.

That's how I am too, which is part of the reason I am not a fan of the mass market books, especially paperbacks. I did buy a signed edition of the IT 25th anniv. from CD that I will never read though. Not when I have the gift edition of that as well.

srboone
12-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I read my gift edition of It and left my S/L/N one alone in its traycase. More and more I find myself buying s/l editions of books, then when I decide to read them, go out an buy a paperback version. I did this with Under the Dome and most recently American Psycho.

RJK1981
12-20-2012, 11:07 PM
I open up the trycase and look at my signed edition of IT, but that is about it. I haven't read my Gift edition yet, but I do plan to.

bookworm 1
02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Guess what? I just ordered the pb edition of the complete Timmy Quinn from amazon. Only $12.99. This is all the novellas. Does not include The Death of Timmy Quinn.
So if anyone is looking for an inexpensive reading copy they are out there now. Also amazon still has The Turtle Boy for free.

srboone
02-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Hmmm....

I only found the Kindle edition on amazon and the nook on B&N.

bookworm 1
02-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Hum Did you look up Stage Whispers the collected Timmy Quinn? I just looked and it is listed under his pb books.

srboone
02-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Found it. For some reason, I couldn't get the paperback edition to show last night at work...:confused:

bookworm 1
02-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Cool.Very good price. I down loaded The Turtle boy for free since I preordered the new Bryan Smith and another book this will not ship till March. Yes I am cheep now that I spent all my money last week and I went with free shipping.

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Thank you sir, I hope you enjoy it!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-13-2013, 04:00 AM
Hey guys, sorry about the confusion. Here are links to all the paperbacks currently available:

KIN - Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Kin-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479110493/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360727656&sr=1-2&keywords=kealan+patrick+burke)/B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/kin-kealan-patrick-burke/1104298160?ean=9781479110490)
MASTER OF THE MOORS - Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Master-Moors-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479135895/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360727656&sr=1-3&keywords=kealan+patrick+burke)/B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/master-of-the-moors-kealan-patrick-burke/1103595463?ean=9781479135899)
CURRENCY OF SOULS - Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Souls-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/1479142182/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360727656&sr=1-10&keywords=kealan+patrick+burke)/B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/currency-of-souls-kealan-patrick-burke/1017817568?ean=9781479142187)
STAGE WHISPERS: THE COLLECTED TIMMY QUINN - Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Whispers-Collected-Timmy-Quinn/dp/1482333929/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360727656&sr=1-1&keywords=kealan+patrick+burke)/B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stage-whispers-kealan-patrick-burke/1104360951?ean=9781482333923)
RAVENOUS GHOSTS - Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Ravenous-Ghosts-Kealan-Patrick-Burke/dp/148112837X/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360727656&sr=1-5&keywords=kealan+patrick+burke)/B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ravenous-ghosts-kealan-patrick-burke/1005872449?ean=9781481128377)
THE NUMBER 121 TO PENNSYLVANIA & OTHERS - Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Number-121-Pennsylvania-Others/dp/1481030094/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360727824&sr=1-13&keywords=kealan+patrick+burke)/B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-number-121-to-pennsylvania-others-kealan-patrick-burke/1104988912?ean=9781481030090)

Tommy
02-13-2013, 04:11 AM
I really liked your story Cobwebs from Shivers VI and I've heard nothing but good things about your books so I will definitely be reading more of you this year, I thought you were good in Slime City Massacre, any plans for more acting in the future?

srboone
02-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the links KPB. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff this year!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-13-2013, 04:33 AM
I really liked your story Cobwebs from Shivers VI and I've heard nothing but good things about your books so I will definitely be reading more of you this year, I thought you were good in Slime City Massacre, any plans for more acting in the future?

Hey thanks Tommy! I'm quite fond of "Cobwebs". As for acting, I was supposed to play a role in Debbie Rochon's directorial debut but had to back out because of other commitments. But sure, it's always fun getting to go before the camera and make a fool of myself, so I'd always be up for more roles. I'm not actively seeking any at the moment though. I just take these things as they come.

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the links KPB. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff this year!

Thank you!

Tommy
02-13-2013, 04:38 AM
I just take these things as they come.
Very wise philosophy, I try to adhere to that myself, thank you for your reply, I think the next book I'll read is Kin

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Very wise philosophy, I try to adhere to that myself, thank you for your reply, I think the next book I'll read is Kin

You're very welcome, and I hope you dig KIN. It's easily my favorite of everything I've written.

peteOcha
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
You're very welcome, and I hope you dig KIN. It's easily my favorite of everything I've written.

Agreed! KIN is great!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Agreed! KIN is great!

Thanks Pete!

srboone
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Ordered Stage Whispers from B&N. Looking forward to it.

bookworm 1
02-15-2013, 09:21 PM
So Mr. Burke post a link to all his available pb's. I notice I missed Ravenous Ghosts now I am no longer missing it.:o. I am soooooooooooooo broke.

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Ordered Stage Whispers from B&N. Looking forward to it.

Thank you sir!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-16-2013, 02:21 AM
So Mr. Burke post a link to all his available pb's. I notice I missed Ravenous Ghosts now I am no longer missing it.:o. I am soooooooooooooo broke.

Oops, sorry about that! I hope it'll prove worth the investment!

Tommy
02-21-2013, 10:09 PM

Though it caused me two sleepless nights of frenzied reading, KIN is amazing! I'm telling all my friends to read this now, really enjoyed it a great deal, please write more!

RJK1981
02-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Loved Kin. Took longer than planned to finished since I took a whole month off from reading for the most part when I was doing NaNo, but finished it earlier this year. I actually switched from reading my ARC to my signed HC as I gifted the ARC to my now brother-in-law for Christmas.

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Though it caused me two sleepless nights of frenzied reading, KIN is amazing! I'm telling all my friends to read this now, really enjoyed it a great deal, please write more!

Thanks Tommy! I appreciate that!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Loved Kin. Took longer than planned to finished since I took a whole month off from reading for the most part when I was doing NaNo, but finished it earlier this year. I actually switched from reading my ARC to my signed HC as I gifted the ARC to my now brother-in-law for Christmas.

That's great, RJ! Thanks for passing it along!

I'm actually at work on a sequel as we speak...

srboone
02-24-2013, 08:00 PM
A sequel??? Oustanding KPB!!! Looking forward to it!

Martin
02-24-2013, 08:16 PM
A sequel to Kin! That is some of the best news I have heard in a while.

Tommy
02-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Wow! I was really hoping you would do a sequel for that, great news :D

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Wow! I was really hoping you would do a sequel for that, great news :D

Thanks guys!

I won't give too much away this early, but I can tell you that it picks up some time after Kin, and focuses on Chester "Beau" Beaumont, addicted to painkillers and given to frequent hallucinations of his deceased friend Finch, after barely escaping Hood Mountain with his life. He is hired by Kara Lambert to find her sister Claire, whose psychological issues have only deepened in the years since the Elkwood Incident, leading to a conviction that she has found the whereabouts of Luke Merrill, the only surviving member of the Merrill clan. Claire believes that the only way to get her life, and her sanity back, is to confront Luke and kill him. As his chemical dependency worsens and the line between real and unreal begins to blur, Beau's efforts to find Claire takes him back to Elkwood and Hood Mountain, and on to Florida, to Durance, a rural community maddened and yet thriving on the production of crystal meth. There he will unravel secrets and fight to survive the darkness that almost claimed him once and may already have claimed Claire.

srboone
02-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Wow! Sounds great. Can't, but wait I must...and will.

bookworm 1
02-26-2013, 02:12 AM
That is awesome news. Hope CD gets to do the limited.

Tommy
02-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Sounds awesome and almost like you've taken a tour of my home state of South Carolina, which by the way would make a great cameo location in the sequel, plenty of meth-addicted, murderous rednecks lurking in the woods around these parts, just saying :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Sounds awesome and almost like you've taken a tour of my home state of South Carolina, which by the way would make a great cameo location in the sequel, plenty of meth-addicted, murderous rednecks lurking in the woods around these parts, just saying :cool:

A lot of rural areas are like that these days, it seems. As research for the new novel I recently read Nick Reding's Methland, and it was a hell of an eye-opener.

Tommy
02-27-2013, 02:20 PM
sadly, I could probably right a part 2 to Methland without ever having read it, just when I thought drugs couldn't get any scarier, bath salts start making the rounds and people start getting their faces chewed off, great fodder for horror stories but not so great in real life, but anyway, can't wait for your sequel and I hope you publish through Cemetery Dance cause they are great!

Tommy
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Just ordered Ravenous Ghosts, Stage Whispers and The Number 121 to Pennsylvania and Others, I am going to be well-versed in the Word of Burke!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
You're a gent. Thanks Tommy and I hope you enjoy them!

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-28-2013, 05:34 PM
sadly, I could probably right a part 2 to Methland without ever having read it, just when I thought drugs couldn't get any scarier, bath salts start making the rounds and people start getting their faces chewed off, great fodder for horror stories but not so great in real life, but anyway, can't wait for your sequel and I hope you publish through Cemetery Dance cause they are great!

The worse an economy gets, the more viable drugs become as a profitable industry. It has actually saved rural communities from destruction, albeit seeding long term destruction of another kind.

TJCams
02-28-2013, 07:25 PM
This is spurred me to get my hands on Kin in the very near future. I loved Turtle Boy (on Kobo). So much to read, so little time. Good problem to have though right?

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-28-2013, 07:51 PM
This is spurred me to get my hands on Kin in the very near future. I loved Turtle Boy (on Kobo). So much to read, so little time. Good problem to have though right?

The best kind of problem to have!

RJK1981
03-02-2013, 07:59 PM
When I read the part about the community surviving thanks to meth I was wondering if you got the idea for that from Methland or something since I saw you had been reading it on Goodreads. After reading the description of that one on Goodreads I decided I wanna check it out sometime. I don't read many non-fiction books, but do enjoy them. Enjoy true-crime books. Read "I" The Creation of a Serial Killer in one day I was so interested in it. Having half of it coming from the serial probably played a role in that. Also loved Killing Pablo about the hunt for the drug lord Pablo Escobar. It's amazing how towns thrive thanks to what someone does for it thanks to money made from illegal drugs and how towns will protect people like that. The way he lived in prison was amazing too. I don't know if that would be useful as research in writing a novel, but I imagine "I" The Creation of a Serial Killer could be useful in that you can discover how a serial killer feels/thinks.

And no problem in sharing Kin, thanks for writing it! Not sure if that has been read by the BIL yet, they are down in FL so I don't get much chance to talk to him. I also recommended they get The Turtle Boy too since my sis has herself an eReader

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Hey RJ: I actually read Methland after deciding to incorporate meth addiction and culture into the Kin sequel. The book came highly regarded, so that, along with a few documentaries, and my recent trip to Florida, aided immensely in research. I'll also keep an eye out for those other books you mentioned. Thanks!

sunnyckf
03-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Mr. Kealan sir. Are there any online bookstores selling your books particularly Kin in epub file version for us non-Kindle or Nook people?

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Mr. Kealan sir. Are there any online bookstores selling your books particularly Kin in epub file version for us non-Kindle or Nook people?

Hi Sunny,

Absolutely. Here are some links for you:

Smashwords.com (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/119166)

Kobo.com (http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Kin/book-k9jZsQPae0SpD-arzpxjrg/page1.html?s=R7jzvku1A0qF02w6zdeP1Q&r=1)

Diesel Ebooks (http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW00000119166/Burke-Kealan-Patrick-Kin-A-Novel/1.html)

Sony Ebooks (https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/kealan-patrick-burke/kin-a-novel/_/R-400000000000000592092)

Hope these help!

Kealan

srboone
03-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Great story in The Turtle Boy, KPB. Haunting and unforgettable. Your prose is beautifully eerie and dripping with passion for your characters. I can tell this one came from the heart. Bravo!

sunnyckf
03-11-2013, 03:45 AM
Thanks Mr. Kealan! Just bought and downloaded Kin from Smashwords. Was introduce to your work via Master of the Moors when you did the e-book serial. Really kept me on toes waiting for each chapter. But didn't have a card then or I would've gotten The Turtle Boy and your other limited editions as well.
Hi Sunny,

Absolutely. Here are some links for you:

Smashwords.com (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/119166)

Kobo.com (http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Kin/book-k9jZsQPae0SpD-arzpxjrg/page1.html?s=R7jzvku1A0qF02w6zdeP1Q&r=1)

Diesel Ebooks (http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW00000119166/Burke-Kealan-Patrick-Kin-A-Novel/1.html)

Sony Ebooks (https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/kealan-patrick-burke/kin-a-novel/_/R-400000000000000592092)

Hope these help!

Kealan

srboone
03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
A question about the Timothy Quinn series: was the prologue "Genesis" written for Stage Whispers or was it included in one of the fours novellas?

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Great story in The Turtle Boy, KPB. Haunting and unforgettable. Your prose is beautifully eerie and dripping with passion for your characters. I can tell this one came from the heart. Bravo!

Thanks very much! It did indeed come from the heart. The locations are all real, and I was inspired to write it after seeing my stepson and his best friend digging for gold in the back field in the heart of summer.

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks Mr. Kealan! Just bought and downloaded Kin from Smashwords. Was introduce to your work via Master of the Moors when you did the e-book serial. Really kept me on toes waiting for each chapter. But didn't have a card then or I would've gotten The Turtle Boy and your other limited editions as well.

Thanks Sunny! Man, that e-serial is going back a while. My first novel! Glad to reconnect with you!

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
A question about the Timothy Quinn series: was the prologue "Genesis" written for Stage Whispers or was it included in one of the fours novellas?

It was originally published in Cemetery Dance's edition of PEREGRINE'S TALE.

srboone
03-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Loved Stage Whispers. Great first four acts in the play of Timothy Quinn--looking forward to Nemesis when it arrives in the mail Saturday. I am ascending you the the ranks of my favorite authors where you'll be rubbing elbows with the likes of Stephen King, Ronald Kelly, Michael Moorcock, Umberto Eco, and Mark Helprin! :cool::cool::cool:

It also means I have a lot of catching up to do on your works...:(

:D

bookworm 1
03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Yes it does you bad man.:p.Well as they say better late than never.

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Loved Stage Whispers. Great first four acts in the play of Timothy Quinn--looking forward to Nemesis when it arrives in the mail Saturday. I am ascending you the the ranks of my favorite authors where you'll be rubbing elbows with the likes of Stephen King, Ronald Kelly, Michael Moorcock, Umberto Eco, and Mark Helprin! :cool::cool::cool:

It also means I have a lot of catching up to do on your works...:(

:D

Wow, it's quite an honor to be sharing a list with those luminaries! Thank you sir, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the story so far!

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Yes it does you bad man.:p.Well as they say better late than never.

Isn't that the great thing about books, though? No expiration date!

jester05jk
03-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Bunnymanchild... I'll check sometime over the weekend but I think I have an extra copy of "#121 to Penn. and Others" that I'd let go for cheap. I've been putting off getting my eBay pile listed but plan on it soon and if there's a duplicate still it'd be in there.

srboone
03-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh...ME! Cool. Is it a pb or a signed ltd? PM me and let me know.

larryki
03-25-2013, 02:31 AM
Great! I still have the Master of the Moors weekly emails that you sent out years ago. How much is the book different? I also have the CD versions of Kin and #121, but I like to have reader copies.

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Great! I still have the Master of the Moors weekly emails that you sent out years ago. How much is the book different? I also have the CD versions of Kin and #121, but I like to have reader copies.

Hey Larry: Because of the weekly episodic format in which I originally wrote MASTER OF THE MOORS, I was unable to go back and change things for continuity sake. So when it came time to reissue the book, I was able to clean it up a lot, and tighten it. The original "asylum" prologue is gone, and overall the book just flows better now.

srboone
04-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Just scored a lettered of The Number 121 to Pennsylvania. Excited doesn't begin to describe....

http://mobileapples.com/Assets/Content/Screensavers/anime3129.gif

Martin
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Great acquisition! Not a bad story in that collection.
Just scored a lettered of The Number 121 to Pennsylvania. Excited doesn't begin to describe....

Kealan Patrick Burke
04-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks guys!

bookworm 1
04-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Congratulations.You do know that the only reason you got that is because I passed it up.:p

srboone
04-23-2013, 04:11 AM
You mean, you're the one who decided not to pay? Thanks!

bookworm 1
04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
No I got the e-mail and passed on contacting Mindy.:)

srboone
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I was hoping for a Midnight Grinding or a Hell's Hollow, but I'll take aNumber 121.

jester05jk
04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Hit up Ron directly. He put up a copy of each on ebay.