Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Swim - A FREE Short Story by Sara Brooke

Hi everyone -

It's my gift to you A spooky ghost story that's been getting some cool reviews (352 likes in one night)...and best of all...it is FREE.
    So, go download it off of Smashwords at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/258545
    And if you want more of my stuff? Check out www.sarabrooke.com

Thanks for the support and have a great week all! I look forward to hearing what you think.

xo

Sara

Went and got this when it was posted on Facebook, thanks! Still have to actually read it though, but not sure when that will happen since I am barely doing any reading this month while doing NaNoWriMo.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Downloaded the PDF, will get to it sometime soon. Thanks!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks! Looking forward to what you think once you eventually read it

Comment

I had to print it out to read it (not having the patience to read a short story, much less a full novel, on a computer/e-reader), and I must say I liked it: made my skin crawl with it's creepiness, but I don't like a deus ex machina coming out of the woodwork and explaining things to me (not that I hadn't figured it out before that time). Other than that it was enjoyable.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it - sorry you had to print it out. My first novel comes out in print this month - the others are still in eversion. Hope you get a chance to check them out one day. BTW, love your profile photo. That was the BEST Christmas movie ever. Honestly, I've seen it 100 times and it never gets old!

Comment

Well...everybody needs a pink bunny suit in their wardrobe . It...uh...well...hmmm...hell, I don't know where I was going with that. Anyway, Still Lake sounds interesting; will have to check it out when it is printed.
              Last edited by srboone; 12-03-2012, 06:30 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hey there - Horror Express Publications sent me a message that Still Lake will be available in print within the next two weeks. Woot! Just in time for the holidays Will check back here and let you know when it's official. Hope all is well

Comment

Thanks,Sara. That's Sara BROOKE, the horror writer. Not to be mistaken for Sara BROOKES, the writer of erotic fiction (a difference I discovered when I went to amazon looking for a publication date--when I couldn't find it elsewhere).
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Thanks,Sara. That's Sara BROOKE, the horror writer. Not to be mistaken for Sara BROOKES, the writer of erotic fiction (a difference I discovered when I went to amazon looking for a publication date--when I couldn't find it elsewhere).
                    Yep - people get us confused all the time - heh. Well, guess what? Still Lake is officially in paperback and being sold online and at select retailers. So excited I could scream. Check out the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Still-Lake-Sar...rds=Still+Lake

Woot!!

Sara

Comment

Working...
                    X