New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Anyone else see this? I can't decide which version I want!

http://subterraneanpress.com/feature...imited_edition

Subterranean Press is doing a limited of King's The Shining!

Now at $450 for the limited, I will be only looking at the gift edition for the art, but still that's a seriously cool limited edition!!

Also, they are not taking preorders until January 2013.

Comment

I got the email this morning. Not sure if I will order or not. Here are a few details:

We're pleased to announce the Signed Limited Edition of Stephen King's seminal novel, The Shining. Read on for a short rundown on the project.

The luxurious hardcovers will be published in three formats and will feature over 40 illustrations by acclaimed artist Dagmara Matuszak. The signed editions will be signed by Stephen and the artist.

Signed Limited Edition of 750 numbered copies, housed in a custom traycase: $450
      Signed Lettered Edition of 52 copies, specially bound, housed in a custom traycase: $2,500
      Gift Edition of 1500 unsigned copies, cloth bound, housed in a custom slipcase: $95
      Preorders for this offering will begin in January 2013. Publication is set for October 2013. News regarding preorders will be sent first via our newsletter, Notes from the Underground. Anyone interested should sign up on the main page of our site.

Comment

I'm sure they'll all be beautifully done!
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I wonder if this means they will also do a limited for Dr. Sleep?

Comment

I think I will be getting 1 of each..No prob the signed if still around when I go to order but at least the trade.

Comment

I don't expect the signe copies will last the day it's available for ordering.

Comment

I got my alert, too. Now I just need to save that much money before then.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Very cool. Where you guys and gals at CD able to make a presentation/pitch for this? Just curious.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I will start to print some money for that who wants some ?

Comment

I sure saw it. Unlike you, I KNOW which version I want. However, I'll probably have to settle for an unsigned version unless I win a lottery. Still, it's nice to dream!

Comment

Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
                        I will start to print some money for that who wants some ?
                        Large bills only, please. LOL
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Usually i don't have to think twice when a new King limited is announced. But this time I refuse to go along in this game.
                          $2500.00 for a limited edition is outrageous. I thought CD's lettered IT was already pretty steep, but CD usually goes all out with a limited - like indeed with the IT editions.
                          I really like SubPress, have many of their limiteds, including a lettered edition, but unless they plan to really outdo themselves, I cannot find any justification for this amount of money.
                          Except for the simple reason the fans will grab a copy anyways, regardless the price.

Well, I wont.
                          The trade edition: for sure.
                          Numbered - most likely.
                          Lettered: not in 2500 years.

sk

Comment

Agreed Siep! Well Said. Unless I was a millionaire...which I'm not. The regular signed edition is even steep, but they always are. I plan to get it though if I can save enough. It is the first one released since I started collecting, the aftermarket is too high so this will be my first signed if I can save the money on time...but i desperately need a vechicle.

Comment

I'll be getting a numbered edition and a trade edition. I just can't afford the lettered.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X