Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boo! Favorite Halloween Books Limit 50! HAHAHHA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boo! Favorite Halloween Books Limit 50! HAHAHHA!!!

I’ve been waiting for one of the senior Ghouls to start this thread, but apparently they’re busy with real life!! HAHAHA!!! Anyway, Favorite Halloween books, I refuse to limit myself or anyone else to one book because I’m capricious that way.
    1. Homage to Cemetery Dance, our home away from home, October Dreams. The book that brought me here. I will admit, the Bradbury contribution was a bit of a downer, The Gorman piece still makes me sad. It's well done, just so sad. And clearly good because it still sticks with me.
    2. Favorite kid’s book. The Halloweener Dav Pilkey. My kids laugh every time I read this to them and so do I. It helps that we have Dachshunds!!!
    3. I come back to it every year, A Night in the Lonesome October Roger Zelazny. The best of everything about Halloween. Just great. Don’t look for a heavy read, just a fun one.
    4. And why not, just for Trickss and Treats, Night in the Lonesome October Richard Laymon. One of my two favorite Laymon books.

Jump in the leaves are fine!!! Happy Halloween.

Yes to #1 and #4. I can't believe I haven't read the Zelazny book yet.

I think Laymon's "In the Dark" is a good book for this time of year. And anything by Poppy Z. Brite puts me in a good vampire/goth mood.

Comment

I will pick a top four:
      1. October Dreams (A perfect mix of Halloween fiction and non-fiction)
      2. The Halloween Mouse by Richard Laymon (Delightful story and great art)
      3. Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge (A fun story about a Halloween tradition in a small town)
      4. Four Octobers by Rick Hautala (Four nice fall stories)

Comment

I would agree with October Dreams (a great collection), Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge, and Night in the Lonesome October by Richard Laymon.
        I would also add:

The October Country by Ray Bradbury
        The Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft
        The Folks by Ray Garton
        Harvest Moon by James Moore
        Hornets and Others by Al Sarrantonio
        Orangefield by Al Sarrantonio

B

Comment

Working...
        X