PDA

View Full Version : How was your night?

Xiabei
10-20-2012, 06:21 AM
I spent mine listening to the Misfits, playing "Divine Divinity" and then switching over to Guild Wars, playing with a friend, whilst getting nicely buzzed.

But only four pints. I knew I should have purchased more. And down to one cigarette now too, dammit. :-)

Xiabei
10-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Not too many threads get a lot of play here; only a few seem to get frequent comments. Talk about something you did that was fun/enjoyable. Spread some fun around. Life isn't always meant to be serious.

Joe315
10-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Sorry. Not a real eventful day for me. Just flew home from Chicago.

jester05jk
10-21-2012, 05:12 AM
My night was horrendous. I've been working the occasional overnight shift lately and this was by far the worse one I've ever done. Add on to it that I've only slept about 3 hours in the past two days... not fun.

Sock Monkey
10-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Birthday party for the wife tonight. Nothing too exciting, but I won a little money at poker game that was going on.

bookworm 1
10-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Bed early up early house work some reading yard work Heart Association walk met Jarod the Subway guy.Back home then reading some more work around the house.Cup of herb tea bed by 10pm.Boring I know but I am getting old and my kids make me older everyday.We do not drink or go out to the movies or to eat.Well when the kids have scout stuff most weeks and I sleep in a tent even when it is cold out most of the fall and winter,I look forward to boring weekends with nothing to do and not much excitement.Sorry guys.:)

Dave1442397
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I spent seven hours driving home from Columbus, OH (485 miles), so didn't do much else :)

Xiabei
10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Bed early up early house work some reading yard work Heart Association walk met Jarod the Subway guy.Back home then reading some more work around the house.Cup of herb tea bed by 10pm.Boring I know but I am getting old and my kids make me older everyday.We do not drink or go out to the movies or to eat.Well when the kids have scout stuff most weeks and I sleep in a tent even when it is cold out most of the fall and winter,I look forward to boring weekends with nothing to do and not much excitement.Sorry guys.:)

Jarod! For the life of me I couldn't remember that guy's name. Saw him on tv the other night and I was like, "Wow, he still pops up now and then. What was his name again?"

bookworm 1
10-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Jarod is his name he at subs and lost 250 lbs. Now he gets paid by subway to go around and talk about healthy lifestyles and to help with the American Heart Association walks.Whis I thought to eat subs to stay healthy.he has been working for them for 15 years now.

peteOcha
10-31-2012, 08:25 PM
My days are filled with work from 8:00 am till 9:00 pm, so my nights mainly consist of a quick bite to eat, putting the little guy to bed, and then putting myself to bed. Although I did have a night out from work which was fun. We went bowling and grabbed a few drinks.

Xiabei
11-01-2012, 02:01 AM
It's Halloween, and I'm disappointed to say I'm doing nothing. But I plan on making up for it tomorrow night!

srboone
11-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Did a little reading. Slept through the trick-or-treaters and now am at work.

RJK1981
11-01-2012, 07:33 AM
My Halloween night was fine, didn't do much though. Me and the wife went to her parents' and she and her mom handed out candy while I sat upstairs and played on my phone, lol. I have disability issues that are bothering my legs more than usual or I would likely have helped hand out candy. Now that it is November I also started writing my novel for NaNoWriMo

Dave1442397
11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Our Halloween is postponed until Monday. We have power, but there are still 3,500 houses in our area without power, according to the township bulletins.

We went out to dinner ;)

Dan Hocker
11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I did an extra two hours of my internet radio show. I did a on air "Halloween Party" It was a blast, but I'm completely exhausted now.

peteOcha
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I watched "Cabin in the Woods" on Halloween, had some candy, and that was it. Uneventful, but not bad.

saginawhorror
11-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Was at work on halloween until everything was over, so I went to bed and read the night away.

TJCams
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Didn't hand out candy on Halloween - had lights off, etc, but still - occasional kid would come ring my doorbell and my two small dogs would go psycho! My daughter went out with her buddies. It was cold, cloudy and the odd sprinkle. Only 2 houses on my block were handing out candy, but still a kid or 2 would still hit every house up. In my area - no pumpkin/jack 'o lantern - no lights on, means no we are not handy anything out. Apparently, not everyone gets it.

And with no NHL - and not much on TV, it was kind of an annoying night. Ending up watching Cowboys & Aliens.

Xiabei
11-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Cowboys & Aliens.

How was that? I didn't hear very good things about it.

Dan Hocker
11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
How was that? I didn't hear very good things about it.

I enjoyed it. Wasn't the worlds best movie, but you can't really go into it expecting the greatest movie ever when it's a movie about Cowboys and Aliens...

TJCams
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I thought it was OK. IMO - wasn't great, wasn't bad. Not really my kind of movie though, so my feelings are best summed up as indifferent. :)

Teriw
11-10-2012, 01:04 AM
LONG WEEKENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJK1981
11-10-2012, 09:01 PM
I still need to see Cowboys & Aliens one of these days

peteOcha
11-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Ha, havent seen that as well yet... Currently watching Homeland when I have time.

Xiabei
11-15-2012, 01:18 AM
By the way, I initiated this post on Halloween (I think), or close to it, but I meant to apply in general; glad to see it's going that way. :-)
Today I applied for two jobs. Tonight I'm having beer.

TJCams
11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Last night I had a beer too. Didn't quite go down too well though. Trying to re-discover my beer of choice. Molson Canadian isn't it! Might have to stick with my old favourite - Alexander Keith's.

Tonight will be a relax night and design my practice for my hockey team I coach for practice on Saturday. And....hopefully finish of Stranger too! Sucks having no hockey :mad:

srboone
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Went to the movies last night. Came home, did a Hong Kong Phooey marathon till about 5:30am over a six pack of beer, went to the store for supplies, now getting ready to make my heart-attack-on-a-plate cheesy potatoes for an employee Thanksgiving luncheon. Will catch about 4 hours of sleep, then off to the To Kill a Mockingbird 50th anniversary gala event.

srboone
11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
This was the result of my night.

Diced potatoes (that I cooked and cut myself), one large onion, one can of cream of chicken soup, 16 oz sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese cooked for one hour at 350. Topped with thick-cut, double smoked bacon! Hmmm....:o

Heart attack anyone?:eek:

Dan Hocker
11-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Diced potatoes (that I cooked and cut myself), one large onion, one can of cream of chicken soup, 16 oz sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese cooked for one hour at 350. Topped with thick-cut, double smoked bacon! Hmmm....:o

I've always wondered how you cream a chicken, also that looks delicious.

srboone
11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I've always wondered how you cream a chicken, also that looks delicious.

It's not that difficult, but waiting for them to try and cross the road takes forever!

peteOcha
11-15-2012, 09:52 PM

I'll take two, please! ;)

srboone
11-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Two heart attacks? This dish feeds about 14 people as it is!!!;)

TJCams
11-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow...that looks fantastic!!!!

Xiabei
11-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I think I'll have to try that!

srboone
11-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Batchelorhood teaches you how to cook for yourself--after you get tired of fast food, that is...:o

Teriw
11-16-2012, 11:38 PM
That looks amazing Squire. I'd make it if I could eat Cream of Chicken soup. I'll have to settle for Loaded baked potatoes every other day and loaded mashed when we dont have time for baked. lol

srboone
11-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks, Teri. It always goes pretty quickly whenever I make it. But there is Gluten free cream of chicken soup mix that could be used.:D

Teriw
11-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Not here. Not that I have found.

Teriw
11-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Say I could find GF Soup...Do the potatoes have to be cooked or will they cook in their own in the caserole? and What size can of coup?

srboone
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I boiled the potatoes for 5 minutes and then diced them, but I don't think you have to do that; you can probably dice them raw. I used 16 oz of diced potatoes. CoCh souip can is 10.5 0z? around that, it's the smallest can made. Pacific Natural Foods make a gluten free CoCh mix; so does Health Valley Organic foods.

Teriw
11-21-2012, 02:21 AM
I'll check the GF Market. The stores Don't have it I checked long ago because my moms Tuna Caserole calls for Cream of Chicken and im Dying to make it.

Xiabei
11-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Well, I believe I've identified my computer problem - overheating. The GPU runs way too hot. I have three fans, but none of them "kick into high gear" anymore; I know at least one of them used to. So I don't know what to do about that other than take it in to get checked out, but at least now I know the cause of my frustration. Too much heat makes everything sluggish.

RJK1981
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
If you think you could do it, I would suggest buying new fans and installing them yourself. Much, much cheaper that way and fans shouldn't be too difficult to install, though I suppose that depends on computer.

If the computer is under warrant though I would ask what your options are, as opening the case to install or replace things could void the warranty.

Teriw
11-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Yea fans are super easy to replace. Most things are actually. Theyre just screwed in place and have their lil connections. Easy peasy

Xiabei
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Cool. I took the fan out and cleaned it, but there's still no real "speed" to it. I don't know enough to know whether or not it could be something else, so at some point I guess I'll just have a "professional" look at it. After I get a job. Speaking of which, my nights have been horrible lately. My last job went away, and for the past few weeks I've had a problem with unemployment operating on an incorrect assumption which has held up my payments (hopefully Monday or Tuesday it'll finally be worked out), and yesterday I had to go begging for charity for help paying this month's rent. But... I have an interview on Monday, so I'm hoping that works out. So tonight I'm going to have beer and smoke too much and play games all night.

Teriw
01-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Say I could find GF Soup...Do the potatoes have to be cooked or will they cook in their own in the caserole? and What size can of coup?

i finally found some cream of...unfortunately it was cream of mushroom. still no chicken. found some clam chowder too n it was good ole campbells new england clam chowder just the healthy reqest stuff instead. ill keep looking for cream of chicken though. i really want to try this and miss my moms tuna caserole too.

srboone
01-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Eyes on the prize, Teri! Eyes on the prize. :)

Teriw
01-02-2013, 06:16 PM
So much for the clam chowder tho. Ate that yesterday...sick as fuck today. I thought about using the cream of mushroom anyway but its just too strong. I'm gonna keep looking though.

RJK1981
01-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Did the clam chowder say it was gluten free? The clam chowder from Progresso is gluten free, as is their cream of mushroom.

Teriw
01-03-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't think we have progresso here but i'll double check. and it didn't say gluten free but the ingredients listed corn starch instead of flour. I'd say it was cross contamination in the factory....which theyre legally supposed to label here now. Wheat, barley and Rye are now legally required to have a may contain label if they're made in the same place...just like peanuts and such are.

Teriw
01-10-2013, 12:19 AM
I meant to take a pic but i forgot because I was starving. I found some of what i like to call "cream of nothing" Technically Cream stock. used that instead. The dish was AMAZING! Mason didn't like it but he doesnt like sour cream so fuck 'em. I rather enjoyed it and ate almost all of it...I halved Squires recipe. Woulda fed about 4 people so I guess I'm 3 people. lol. Thanks Squire it was GOOD! I'll prob never make it again because the pan was hard to clean. lol

srboone
01-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Glad you liked it, Teri. When I make it, it's usally for about 20 people, so the thing goes pretty quickly. My favorite part the the burn potatoes around the edges (which is what everybody leaves anyway)!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Teriw
01-13-2013, 10:44 AM
My sister wants me to make it for thr whole family now. If she will clean thr mess I will make it.

srboone
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
You're gonna get a rep for being a good cook now! better brush up on some recipes! ;)

Teriw
01-20-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm not worried, They all know I can't cook worth a damn.