I hope you enjoy!

calason
05-20-2011, 07:00 AM
And more...838281807984

frik51
05-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Oh, I enjoyed alright.
Very nice collection.
It's great to see so many Kingbooks. I notied you have both the regular plus numbered Green Mile.
Were you one of the lucky ones to walk the green mile.....I'm sure you know what I mean.

And something I always wonder about: should I display my slipcased books with the books showing, or the other way around? I see you've got your books showing. I only do this when the front of the slipcase is bare. Otherwise I display the front of the case.

sk

Tito_Villa
05-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Frik it has to be the books showing so you get to enjoy some art work ... never understood people who put them slipcase facing out!

Also great collection calason, those bookshelves are real nice too

frik51
05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Frik it has to be the books showing so you get to enjoy some art work ..

I'm not sure I understand correctly.
The books showing - you only get to read the title.
But the front of the slipcase often seems to be made for displaying.
Compare:

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/details/king_lettered4.jpg

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/details/king_lettered2.jpg

I think I'd go for the first.

sk

calason
05-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Frik, I did indeed, walk the green mile. I have always just put the books spine out, no reason really.

Tito, bookshelves are just the "Billy" series from IKEA, with glass doors. I like them because they look nice and can hold the weight without bowing

Thanks for looking, I enjoy showing off my collection, and seeing others shown off.

And, for whatever reason a few pics didn't make it. Here they are, maybe...97969594

frik51
05-20-2011, 02:59 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
I am going to hunt for that A Feast For Crows.
That looks like a gorgous set of books.

sk

bsaenz24
05-20-2011, 03:04 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
I am going to hunt for that A Feast For Crows.
That looks like a gorgous set of books.

sk

Even though the Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings do not fit size-wize with the Subterranean editions, I think the art was much nicer and the Game of Thrones particularly is a beautiful book.

Tree705
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Very nice collection, great bookshelves too!

Justin Case
05-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Excellent collection - I need to check out those "Billy" cases... they are really quite nice. Thank you for sharing!

calason
05-20-2011, 05:14 PM
This is just some of my stuff. I recently moved and am unpacking. I left some spots open that will soon be filled. I'm glad you guys like.

RJK1981
05-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Wow, very impressed with all that! Love the bookcases too as those are exactly what I am wanting to get to keep mine in one of these days. I am guessing those bookcases were not cheap, lol

calason
05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow, very impressed with all that! Love the bookcases too as those are exactly what I am wanting to get to keep mine in one of these days. I am guessing those bookcases were not cheap, lol

Thanks! The bookcases weren't that bad. I guess maybe $500 total, over a period of a few years. When I could get one, I did, and so and so forth.

pixie
05-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh, I enjoyed alright.
Very nice collection.
It's great to see so many Kingbooks. I notied you have both the regular plus numbered Green Mile.
Were you one of the lucky ones to walk the green mile.....I'm sure you know what I mean.

And something I always wonder about: should I display my slipcased books with the books showing, or the other way around? I see you've got your books showing. I only do this when the front of the slipcase is bare. Otherwise I display the front of the case.

sk

I also have often wondered how to display my slipcased books. I display mine with the slipcase showing if it has something written on it. If it is bare, I have the book showing. I have the book showing when the slipcase is bare because it is just so much easier to which book it is.

frik51
05-28-2011, 04:41 AM
I also have often wondered how to display my slipcased books. I display mine with the slipcase showing if it has something written on it. If it is bare, I have the book showing. I have the book showing when the slipcase is bare because it is just so much easier to which book it is.

Yes, that's how I do it as well.

sk

Patrick
06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Impressive collection!

You need more Palahniuk though. :D

On the side conversation: I place my books so that the spines show. It's a book collection, not a slipcase collection! LOL

Tito_Villa
06-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Impressive collection!

You need more Palahniuk though. :D

On the side conversation: I place my books so that the spines show. It's a book collection, not a slipcase collection! LOL

Yes, i love the artwork of the dustjacket to be showing

And once again thats is a very impressive collection!!!