Suggestions for CD limited editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for CD limited editions

There are a couple of authors whose work is just crying out for some fantastic limiteds. One of these is Stephen Donaldson.

I would LOVE to see the Thomas Covenant books been given the royal limited treatment - all ten books eventually.
    Donaldson has a pretty big following and I simply do not understand why there are no Covenant limiteds out yet.
    Or his The Gap SF series. Or, his Mordant's Need fantasy books.

CD, are you listening?? Please, please rectify this oversight and do Donaldson justice.
    I for one would get numbered and letered editions of each volume!

Can anyone else come up with some other authors/titles??

sk

I'd like to see something by Laird Barron or Reggie Oliver. Preferably a collection of short stories.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Considering I didn't really know of many horror authors before finding Cemetery Dance I have no recommendations that would fit. I have one particular author I'd love to see some Limited stuff from who is a Sci-Fi author, but I don't really see CD expanding into Sci-Fi.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        Considering I didn't really know of many horror authors before finding Cemetery Dance I have no recommendations that would fit. I have one particular author I'd love to see some Limited stuff from who is a Sci-Fi author, but I don't really see CD expanding into Sci-Fi.
        Ahh make the suggestion anyways, we're always trying to widen our customer base.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          There are a couple of authors whose work is just crying out for some fantastic limiteds. One of these is Stephen Donaldson.

sk
          You hit my holy grail right on the F@(#*kin head!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Ahh make the suggestion anyways, we're always trying to widen our customer base.
            Ok, then I'd love see Limiteds from Jeffery A. Carver. He is mainly sci-Fi, but has a bit of fantasy mixed in. Have thoroughly enjoyed everything of his that I have read so far. I stumbled across him randomly in HS looking at books in my local library. I started off with his Chaos Chronicles novels that hopefully he will finish up sometime (6 book series, 4 finished so far, but was a large break between number 3 and 4). His Star Rigger universe books (mostly standalone novels I think) are also very good, as well as others outside of those 2 series.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

More king...but that's a given.

Comment

Theres only two I can think of but they may be better as one offs. The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell. It is a zombie novel that I thought was really well written. Bell is writing another book that I believe takes place in the same universe as Reapers but I'm not 100%. The other is Scott Sigler. He writes more scifi then horror. I would like to see his book Nocturnal just for the artwork that could come out of it. It had some interesting characters that makes for some grotesque imagery.

Comment

I would love to see Mike Carey's Felix Castor novels in a signed limited. Ghost Story by Straub in a super-duper lettered edition would be nice as well.

Comment

Sub press has put out Donaldson stuff. I have a copy of his The Best of from them.Maybe they have a contract with him for other stuff. If not CD would be a very good choice for his limiteds.

I would LOVE to see the Thomas Covenant books been given the royal limited treatment - all ten books eventually.
                    Donaldson has a pretty big following and I simply do not understand why there are no Covenant limiteds out yet.

CD, are you listening?? Please, please rectify this oversight and do Donaldson justice.

sk

Comment

I'd also love to see a nice set of Donaldson's work.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

sk
                        Yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Sub press has put out Donaldson stuff. I have a copy of his The Best of from them.Maybe they have a contract with him for other stuff. If not CD would be a very good choice for his limiteds.
                          I've got a copy as well. Plus the one Donald M. grant did, Daughter of Regals. But that's it for limited books by Donaldson.
                          Brian, Dan, Mindy, anyone!!!! Seriously, if you can manage to do the Covenant limiteds, that would be awesome. I just can't understand why no one has done these yet.'
                          CD would have a set of winners on their hands!!

sk

Comment

And from the forum response, you already have a large crossover audience for Donaldson. I think more than any other fantasist.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Orson Scott Card or maybe Limited editions of David Gerrolds War Against the Chtorr if he even finishes this series of books.

Comment

Working...
                              X