PDA

View Full Version : [INDEXED]Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club 6.0

Dan Hocker
08-17-2012, 04:56 PM
The New Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club!
Read FIVE Books Before The General Public, Save $50 on Future Book Orders, and Get A FREE Signed Limited Edition Chapbook about Stephen King's Work!
"It's Like We're Paying You To Read These Books Early!"

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_CDERC06.jpg
This is the discussion thread for the Early Readers Club announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CDERC06)

CLICK HERE to view this announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?1482)

Joe315
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
This is very tempting

bookworm 1
08-17-2012, 06:57 PM
You must buy.:o.No I ordered this .I have been in every early reader club and they have all been worth it.Great books.So Joe315 if you are worried about anything with this club don't be.The bonuses are nice too.
This is very tempting

peteOcha
08-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Love the ERC!!!!!! :)

saginawhorror
08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
I'll probably get it if its still available when I get paid next week.

bookworm 1
08-17-2012, 08:58 PM
What someone who is responsible with there money???? saginawhorror you are going to give us a bad name around here.:o. Welcome to the forum.We need someone to keep us in line.
I'll probably get it if its still available when I get paid next week.

Joe315
08-17-2012, 09:01 PM
You must buy.:o.No I ordered this .I have been in every early reader club and they have all been worth it.Great books.So Joe315 if you are worried about anything with this club don't be.The bonuses are nice too.

I went for it. With the coupons it is essentially just the shipping that I am paying for. This is the first ERC I will be a part of but hopefully not the last.

saginawhorror
08-17-2012, 09:08 PM
What someone who is responsible with there money???? saginawhorror you are going to give us a bad name around here.:o. Welcome to the forum.We need someone to keep us in line.

Not really I went on a CD buying spree on ebay with my last check. Got 7 mags, one grave tales, 3 chapbooks, and 3 books. One of the books came today.

bookworm 1
08-17-2012, 10:11 PM
So you are one of us.:cool:.Now go start a collection thread so we can drool over your books.:)

peteOcha
08-17-2012, 10:22 PM
yeah, what BW said!:)

peteOcha
08-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I went for it. With the coupons it is essentially just the shipping that I am paying for. This is the first ERC I will be a part of but hopefully not the last.

Good job Joe!! I'm sure you'll love it! After my first one I was hooked!

RJK1981
08-18-2012, 12:49 AM
I have been in 2 of the 3 ERCs that I have seen so far before this one (had no money for the last one). I am tempted to get in on this one since I still have money left on my gift certificate (wish it was the renewable one, but didn't have that kind of money for it), but then I would not have any money left on it after using it this. If I could use all 5 coupons at once I would be much more tempted, but am sure it is one coupon per order. Would be extremely surprised if I was able to use them all on one order.

If I also knew that nothing was going to be announced soon that I would want I might be even more tempted. So Brian or Dan, wanna tell me what will be announced in the next few months? ;)

Martin
08-18-2012, 03:13 AM
If you are like most of us this one will hook you!

Ben Staad
08-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Great value with some excellent books + discount(s). I am passing (because I am flat broke) but I have particiapted in one of these and it was certainly worth the money.

peteOcha
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I missed out on the last one, but the one before that (with KIN, Undead, etc.) was great! All of the books were good reads and they look great on the shelf too. :)

Joe315
10-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, when will these start shipping?

Dan Hocker
10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, when will these start shipping?

Very soon. Probably in the next week or two. Everything is here now, we just have a bit of a backlog of other stuff to ship first.

bookworm 1
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Way cool!!! Not that I am in any rush.I am about to be buried under a pile of books that need to be read.

TJCams
10-31-2012, 12:13 PM
I assume that this deal is no longer available???? Damn I hate being late to the party! :p

Dan Hocker
10-31-2012, 02:22 PM
I assume that this deal is no longer available???? Damn I hate being late to the party! :p

You are correct. Don't worry though TJ I'm sure we'll do another one.

TJCams
10-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Hope so. I really don't know why I had never found you guys until recently. I can't even remember how I found you guys, but am I ever glad I did!

bookworm 1
11-01-2012, 12:31 AM
We are glad you found us to.No go start a collection thread so we can drool over your books.:)

TJCams
11-01-2012, 02:43 PM
We are glad you found us to.No go start a collection thread so we can drool over your books.:)

Well.....let me get a collection worth posting, and I will! :D Remember - I am just getting back into this reading/book thing...lol.

bookworm 1
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
If you own more then 1 book you have a collection.:)

srboone
11-05-2012, 12:54 AM
He's right. No collection is insignificant. The fact that the books are collected MAKES it significant!:cool:

jester05jk
11-05-2012, 10:44 PM

Wait until after they have shipped and then email Mindy. I missed out last time around but I got lucky and they had extras after everything was sent out. It happens alot, most places have a "stock" they hold back in case of defects.

Joe315
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Looks like these have started to ship!!:cool:

Dan Hocker
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Yep, they'll probably actually start leaving the building tomorrow.

Martin
11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Received my shipping notice today. I am thrilled with the selection of books!

srboone
11-09-2012, 01:14 AM
Hopefully, I get my notice tomorrow. :(

bsaenz24
11-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Received my shipping notice today. I am thrilled with the selection of books!

So, what are they???

srboone
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Had to check my back list to make sure I ordered it, but I did. So I will patiently wait for my shipping notice.....:(

Dan Hocker
11-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Had to check my back list to make sure I ordered it, but I did. So I will patiently wait for my shipping notice.....:(

I didn't actually import the notices yesterday since they were not actually shipping till today. They're all done though and should be picked up by the post office this morning.

Edit: Also of those that were interested here's which arc's they are:

Femme - Bill Pronzini
Kinsmen - Bill Pronzini
The Interogater - Ed Gorman
More Than Midnight - Brian Freeman
I'm Not Sam - Jack Ketchum & Luck McKee
Stephen King Limited Vol 1 (chapbook) - Kevin Quigley

srboone
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Cool! I was curious about the two Pronzini books (never having read any). Thanks, Dan.:D

bookworm 1
11-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I already have all of these on order.So I will be able to keep my limited copies in brand new condition.I am also very excited about The Jack Ketchum book.I have been very interested in reading this since it was announced.this will go right to the top of my TBR pile.

srboone
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Yay! End of day tomorrow!

Martin
11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Mine are scheduled for a Thursday delivery.

bookworm 1
11-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Mine are scheduled for Thursday also.Going to be a rough week as Hindsight should be here as well as the November Darkfuse book club title.also a couple of other things.I can already hear my wife,.............bookworm you got some splanin to do.:eek:

jester05jk
11-13-2012, 12:29 AM
I should have mine tomorrow and like bookworm I have all these on order too but I don't care because the Ketchum ARC alone makes it worthwhile.

jigertz
11-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I started reading the I'm Not Sam ARC last night and had trouble putting it down. That title alone definitely makes the whole thing worth it.

peteOcha
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Got my shipping notice too. Great selection of books!

bookworm 1
11-13-2012, 11:59 PM
There is the understatment of the day.:cool:
Got my shipping notice too. Great selection of books!

peteOcha
11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
But today's email tops it all!!! :)

Martin
11-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Agreed!
But today's email tops it all!!! :)

TJCams
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
No kidding it tops it! I hope I can get in on this one. I'm still new to CD and holy mackinaw am I glad I got in with yous all! This is a great deal, but wow are things tight getting close to the Xmas season and all......

bookworm 1
11-14-2012, 08:41 PM
You must get. You must get.:o.:o. Yea me gots.
No kidding it tops it! I hope I can get in on this one. I'm still new to CD and holy mackinaw am I glad I got in with yous all! This is a great deal, but wow are things tight getting close to the Xmas season and all......

saginawhorror
11-15-2012, 01:18 AM
I would get it right now if I had the money! Guess I have to wait until friday. Glad I'm getting that extra days pay now!

TJCams
11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I hear ya Saginaw - I just don't have the cash at the moment either. If it is still around after a bit (unlikely it seems) I may jump on it. Otherwise.....wait 'til the next one. Plate is a little full right now. :(:(

saginawhorror
11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll order it tomorrow morning. I doubt it will sell out that fast! If so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Brian James Freeman
11-15-2012, 07:08 PM
For those of you who liked what you got last time or who haven't seen the newsletter, you just may be interested in this:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CDERC07

Brian

TJCams
11-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Due to unfortunately having other fish to fry, so to speak, I think I have to pass on this one. Unless it is still available for a while....

Since I've only been around here for a month or so, a couple questions on the CD clubs: I am really hoping you guys run another in the new year, as I think I for sure will be in on that. Mind you I did take advantage of the dinged book deal and the latest ARC promo too. Since I've only been around here for a month, are the Early Readers Clubs, or Collectors Club popping on a fairly regular schedule at all

Dan Hocker
11-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Due to unfortunately having other fish to fry, so to speak, I think I have to pass on this one. Unless it is still available for a while....

Since I've only been around here for a month or so, a couple questions on the CD clubs: I am really hoping you guys run another in the new year, as I think I for sure will be in on that. Mind you I did take advantage of the dinged book deal and the latest ARC promo too. Since I've only been around here for a month, are the Early Readers Clubs, or Collectors Club popping on a fairly regular schedule at all

The Collectors Club is a yearly membership, so assuming we did well with it we will probably do a new one each year. I think those fall towards the end of the summer / early fall. The Early Readers Clubs, aren't really clubs as much as they are buying into getting a bunch of ARCs as we like to ship them all at once. We do those more often than the CDCC and fairly regularly, again as long as they continue to do well for us.

Brian James Freeman
11-15-2012, 08:15 PM

I DO like fried fish! :)

bookworm 1
11-15-2012, 09:14 PM
So you say to a family member or spouse or friend.....hay I would like this for christmas...Then you order and send them the bill.See I got you covered.I know most of the angels to use.:o

saginawhorror
11-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Mine is now a Birthday gift! The cash is going to the bank tomorrow morning.

saginawhorror
11-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Got it. Now what will ship first? This or my grab bag?

Brian James Freeman
11-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Got it. Now what will ship first? This or my grab bag?

Which Grab Bag do you have on order? :)

saginawhorror
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Last one. the other publishers grab bag.

Brian James Freeman
11-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Last one. the other publishers grab bag.

That'll be first! We realized we didn't have quite enough books to finish shipping them, so I went to a few of our friends in the small press and bought a few more boxes of books to give everyone a little more variety in their Grab Bag.

Brian

saginawhorror
11-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Ok Cool. A little more variety is always good.

bookworm 1
11-18-2012, 11:04 PM
This is why you guys rock.:cool:
That'll be first! We realized we didn't have quite enough books to finish shipping them, so I went to a few of our friends in the small press and bought a few more boxes of books to give everyone a little more variety in their Grab Bag.

Brian

Teriw
11-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Is there any way to get the chapbook without being an ERC member? I just want to add it to my collection. lol.

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2012, 02:58 AM
Is there any way to get the chapbook without being an ERC member? I just want to add it to my collection. lol.

I'm sure they'll turn up in another deal or on eBay!

Brian

Teriw
11-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I hate ebay. I'd Prefer it show up somewhere here...like randomly in my next order that ships. lol

drain74
12-03-2012, 08:39 PM
With the included chapbook in the latest delivered Early Readers Club, which arrived safely in Australia last week, being Vol 1 of 2, what opportunities will there be to obtain Vol 2 when it becomes avaliable?

Brian James Freeman
12-03-2012, 08:48 PM
With the included chapbook in the latest delivered Early Readers Club, which arrived safely in Australia last week, being Vol 1 of 2, what opportunities will there be to obtain Vol 2 when it becomes avaliable?

If you ordered the Early Readers Club #7, which we offered for sale back on November 15th, you're all set to get Volume 2! If you didn't order that ERC, drop me a line via email and we'll figure something out. ;)

Brian

Martin
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
More great news! Read the volume 1 over the weekend and it was the best of the Quigley chapbooks to date.
If you ordered the Early Readers Club #7, which we offered for sale back on November 15th, you're all set to get Volume 2! If you didn't order that ERC, drop me a line via email and we'll figure something out. ;)

Brian

srboone
12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Awesome! I've really liked all of Quigley's chapbooks so far!

drain74
12-03-2012, 09:55 PM

Brian

Thanks Brian, good news as I did get ERC#7, looking foward ot it and used the offer coupon on an order this morning.

bookworm 1
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Great news.

Sabrina Morgan
12-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Does any one know the estimated ship date for ERC #7 is?

srboone
12-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Hmmm...I got mine already. Weeks ago.

Sabrina Morgan
12-26-2012, 06:12 AM
I hope mine didn't get lost. I haven't asked because I was trying to be patient and not bug anyone. I'm sure someone will let me know whenever they get back from holiday.
Merry Christmas by the way.

Martin
12-26-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't think it has shipped yet. It wasn't even announced until mid November.
Hmmm...I got mine already. Weeks ago.

srboone
12-26-2012, 06:18 AM
ERC7 was the Pronzini books, More than Midnight and The Interragator, right?:confused:

Martin
12-26-2012, 06:20 AM
I believe that was 6 which was ordered back in September.
ERC7 was the Pronzini books, More than Midnight and The Interragator, right?:confused:

srboone
12-26-2012, 06:30 AM
I thought 6 was The Woman, Undead, Horror Hall of Fame,The Back of Beyond and something else--can't remember right now; and 5 was The Mailman, The Doll, The Buffalo Hunter, Killing Ghost, and The Loveliest Dead.

Sabrina Morgan
12-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Cool, that makes me feel better. Except for the fact I still have to wait. Lol

Martin
12-26-2012, 06:37 AM
I show The Woman was back in #4 with The Undead, The Back of Beyond. Kin and others.
I thought 6 was The Woman, and a few others (can't remember); and 5 was The Mailman, Horror Hall of Fame, Undead, The Dropper, and The Loveliest Dead.

srboone
12-26-2012, 06:39 AM
I'm so confused.

Maybe your're right.

Sabrina Morgan
12-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Lol :)

srboone
12-26-2012, 06:49 AM
I guess you're right, Martin. I remember the new CCDC offer coming, followed quickly by ERC7 and then I got an ERC shipment. Just assumed it was 7. Oh well, something else to look forward to!:D

Brian James Freeman
12-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Does any one know the estimated ship date for ERC #7 is?

ERC #7 will probably be late January.

ERC #6 was I'm Not Sam, Femme, Kinsmen, More Than Midnight, The Interrogator, plus Stephen King Limited Volume One chapbook.

Brian

saginawhorror
12-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Only about a month to wait! Cool! Now I have to start saving for ERC#8!

peteOcha
12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
I have so many orders flying around that I cant even remember if I ordered ERC #7 or not...

Really gotta make myself one of those excel spreads to keep track... <sucks at excel... thinks who in the office can do it for him....> ;)

RJK1981
12-28-2012, 07:28 PM
lol, if you've used Access before you can make a database for all your books with the title, author, year it was printed, print run, series info (Like Dark Tower #1 or something like that), whether you have read it or not. I also have the ISN info for a lot of my stuff too (though not all), and considering adding a field about the cost/value, though that might be more work than I wanna do, lol, gonna take long enough to add all of the ISBN info for books that have them if I decide to do it with everything. The pictures here, on my PC, and on my camera will provide proof of ownership and condition if I ever need that as well.

I've actually got a DB for the books I own and those I have on order, though I sometimes forget to put something in my ordered one (or am unable to in the case of grab bags). Dunno how excessive the info I keep is, but it could be even more if I wanted. Like adding publisher info for everything and not just the ARCs and small press books or even adding the the number of pages in each book (which would perhaps be interesting to see things like the fact that my PB edition of Clegg's Afterlife has nearly 100 less pages than the CD HC edition!).

peteOcha
12-29-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm really tempted to set up a database. Would really help me track my stuff, especially the orders I am waiting for. Plus, all the info you pointed out is good to have readily accessible (print run, edition, etc.)...

Martin
12-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I use Excel. I have considered switching to Access but have not seen the need. I am able to use filters within Excel to do what I need to do. When I order grab bags and clubs I create a line for the full item with the retail of the set and a line with each item I am expecting, I insert the description that the sales pitch provides like 'a special new mini-collection by one of our favorite authors, and this review copy includes all of the Glenn Chadbourne artwork that will appear in the final book'. Once I have the title I replace description with the title. Once I have the books I move the retail to the book rather than the set.

jester05jk
12-30-2012, 02:05 AM
I have a few excel lists done by author. And all my expecting books get saved to a folder in my inbox. My excel sheets are simple, saved under the author's name then it has title, publisher, and edition. It's all I need.

RJK1981
12-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Oh, and I also have info on whether a book is hardcover or softcover. I don't know whether Access would provide enough of a benefit to warrant a need to make the switch. I think it is probably more of whatever you like to use more than anything else. I've used both and prefer using Access. When a book arrives I can just move the info (Adding the book numbered for the signed and numbered ones) from one database in the overall file to another and can easily see how many books are in my database, though I am sure both are accomplished in Excel too.

bookworm 1
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Way too much work.Think I will just stop buying books instead..................Who am I kidding?...That will never happen.I had to go through my order history to use up the rest of my savings cert because I could not remember if I ordered somethings or not.So now I am getting or have just about every book up on both CD and other pub preorders.Ugh!!!
my head hurts....But my bookshelves look full and my kids look hungry cause Daddy used the food money for books.:rolleyes:.Not really.

rusty23
12-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Way too much work.Think I will just stop buying books instead..................Who am I kidding?...That will never happen.I had to go through my order history to use up the rest of my savings cert because I could not remember if I ordered somethings or not.So now I am getting or have just about every book up on both CD and other pub preorders.Ugh!!!
my head hurts....But my bookshelves look full and my kids look hungry cause Daddy used the food money for books.:rolleyes:.Not really.

I did the exact same thing with my CD savings cert. I couldn't remember which books I already had on order. I need to be more consistant keeping track of my pre-orders. I use Excel to keep track of all my books, and I create another tab for my preorders, and tabs for the books I've read every year.

I'm hoping CD offers the savings certs again this year!!