Rebuilding Your Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding Your Collection

I've been following the "Professional Movers Destroyed My Collection Thread." A calamity to be sure, maybe worse for some folks, but thankfully there is the glimmer of hope that insurance offers. I’ve had to rebuild my collection twice. Both times the destruction was self inflicted. Once I had to sell my books to make tuition and once, well, “she who must be obeyed” mandated a massive weed because of a move….And we needed money to finance the move. And by the way, she was right. Anyway, twenty years later I’ve rebuilt and recovered. So, hang in there, Usually what is lost can be found.

I've had to rebuild once (still rebuilding actually). Hopefully once is all it is.

Comment

I hope I never have to do this. Dealing with what bstee is going through with the insurance would be a nightmare.

Comment

I am self weeding right now.Must only buy what truley interests me.It is tough with so many great writers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          I am self weeding right now.Must only buy what truley interests me.It is tough with so many great writers out there.
          I'm starting to do this to. Too many great authors and not enough time (or money) to read them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
            I'm starting to do this to. Too many great authors and not enough time (or money) to read them all.
            Me too. I'm pretty much out of shelf space again and already have thousands of books in the attic, so it's time to slow down. I'm sticking to a few favorite authors for now.

I should really start selling some books here.

Comment

I should too, but I can't bear to let anything go. The next house will have a dedicated Library, and I don't want to empty out and then have to restock. The wife doesn't understand that at all.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I'm passing a bunch of mysteries onto a friend of mine. I don't feel so bad about thinning the collection that way. Kind of like sharing plants out of out garden.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  I'm passing a bunch of mysteries onto a friend of mine. I don't feel so bad about thinning the collection that way. Kind of like sharing plants out of out garden.
                  Great idea. I've been sending out books to friends of mine as surprises to make some room.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

So you guys want me to post my address here or should i send it to you in a private message??

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        So you guys want me to post my address here or should i send it to you in a private message??
                        I want some too!

Comment

Probably not these. I'm generous, not crazy!! HAHAhA!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X