PDA

View Full Version : LET'S WRITE A STORY!

srboone
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM
The rule is that you write up to one line only (based on the settings of your computer); you can finish with a complete sentence or in the middle of one--it doesn't matter. Try to give other people a chance to complete your thought before posting again. Depending upon how this goes, we may need to get caught up on the action (to prevent back tracking). Since there are 20 posts to a page, the top post should be a "summary" posts. So, I will edit posts #21, #41, #61 etc (or the ones at the top of each page), and input a summary of the previous page's story.

Keep it clean, this isn't the place to release your inner Edward Lee or Ryan Harding. Let's have some fun.

Comments on the thread itself are fine, but please add a line to the story when doing so.

I'll begin.

UNTITLED
by the CD forum members

It was a brutal summer. Even at 11 am, it was so hot your clothes clung to your body in unnatural ways and every movement made them constrict more. By the afternoon, it would be unbearable. Again. I tapped a cheap 100 out of the pack on the fireplace mantle, lit it, and inhaled deeply.

So much for going cold turkey.

When the knock came

Xiabei
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
...and I found an air conditioner salesman on my door step, I didn't hesitate to let him in. He had a bit of trouble with the huge box he was holding, so I helped him carry it to the kitchen table. He said, "In this box is exactly..."

bookworm 1
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
...".the kind of thing you need to help you stay cool.Now this is no ordinary air cooler mind you..."

peteOcha
07-08-2012, 09:44 PM
"In fact, it is not even an air cooler at all! Help me unwrap it and you shall see for yourself..."

Xiabei
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Intrigued, I grabbed a knife from the counter to slit the tape on the box. "Careful, now", the man said, "You don't want to damage what's inside."

srboone
07-09-2012, 12:10 AM
The smell made me momentarily forget about my jockies that were slowly migrating annoyingly northward and I traced a thin red line on my left hand. Grunting, I finished slicing off the tape and turned back one flap. The first thing I noticed was the greasy fur.

Martin
07-09-2012, 12:58 AM
The second thing I noticed was the sound, it was like nothing I had heard before. I momentarily froze and that is when I saw the grin on the face of the salesman.

peteOcha
07-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Still smiling, the salesman said, "You recognize her, don't you?"

bookworm 1
07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
"You see we have been watching you for a long time.We know how much you enjoy the torture game."
That I had been found out and others knew about me shocked me as much as seeing my first victim still alive.Well barely.

Xiabei
07-10-2012, 12:33 AM
"W-what..." I stuttered, taking a step back. "How did you find this?"

bookworm 1
07-10-2012, 01:43 AM
"It doesn't matter how we found her not this because she is still alive and looks somewhat human.All you need to do is answer the question.Will you join us or do you end up making what is in the box look like a super model."

srboone
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
The intial shock having worn off, I slowly worked my fingers into the mat of hair protruding from the box and carefully tilted it upward. Whoever she was, modelling was not in her future. "This one isn't mine," I said.

TerryE
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
"Oh, but she is," he replied. "There have been certain...altercations."
"I think you mean alterations."
"No, sir. Since you two first met, there have been a lot of altercations."

peteOcha
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I tried to swallow but my throat was too dry. What does all of this mean, I thought to myself.

bookworm 1
07-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I tried to think of something to say.Something that might buy me some time to figure out a way out of this situation.However knowing that this was my first ,and lets face it guys we never forget our first my curiosity was up.
"Just one more question......

TerryE
07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
"How is this supposed to keep me cooler?"

srboone
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
"Metaphorical, actually," the salesman replied; and for the first time I noticed the strange marking on the webbing between his thumb and pointer finger on his left hand. "You seem to have curtailed your activities as lof late. And we need people who have cold hearts."

Dan Hocker
07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
I am now beginning to panic, and am thinking about using the knife I used to open the box on this mysterious "salesman".

bookworm 1
07-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Just as the thought comes to me the salesman says"Do not even think about using that knife on me.You see I know all your most intimate thoughts and I know you have been wanting to get back inthe game.So here is your chance to do something you love and heat up that cold bitter heart of yours.What do you say Dr."
Dr. so this guy does know what he is talking about.That kind of excited me.

Martin
07-11-2012, 03:02 AM
"I can see it in your eyes, you are ready to get back to work." This man seems to know what I am thinking before I do. If I am to get out of this I will need to stop his ability to read me so well. Do I want to get out of this?

Teriw
07-11-2012, 04:15 AM
FYI there seems to have been a change of tense at some point.

Moderator edit: Right you are Teri, but this is a first draft and it's all in fun.

What Has Gone Before:

UNTITLED
by the CD forum members

NOTE: I edited my openning of the story slightly; I did this because I though it might provide a little more guidance for this story.

It was a brutal summer. Even at 11 am, it was so hot your clothes clung to your body in unnatural ways and every movement made them constrict more. By the afternoon, it would be unbearable. Again. I tapped a cheap 100 out of the pack on the fireplace mantle, lit it, and inhaled deeply.

So much for going cold turkey.

When the knock came and I found an air conditioner salesman on my door step, I didn't hesitate to let him in. He had a bit of trouble with the huge box he was holding, so I helped him carry it to the kitchen table. He said, "In this box is exactly the kind of thing you need to help you stay cool.Now this is no ordinary air cooler mind you. In fact, it is not even an air cooler at all! Help me unwrap it and you shall see for yourself."

Intrigued, I grabbed a knife from the counter to slit the tape on the box. "Careful, now", the man said, "You don't want to damage what's inside."

The smell made me momentarily forget about my jockies that were slowly migrating annoyingly northward and I traced a thin red line on my left hand. Grunting, I finished slicing off the tape and turned back one flap. The first thing I noticed was the greasy fur. The second thing I noticed was the sound, it was like nothing I had heard before. I momentarily froze and that is when I saw the grin on the face of the salesman.

Still smiling, the salesman said, "You recognize her, don't you? You see we have been watching you for a long time.We know how much you enjoy the torture game."

That I had been found out and others knew about me shocked me as much as seeing my first victim still alive.Well barely.

"W-what..." I stuttered, taking a step back. "How did you find this?"

"It doesn't matter how we found her not this because she is still alive and looks somewhat human.All you need to do is answer the question.Will you join us or do you end up making what is in the box look like a super model."

The intial shock having worn off, I slowly worked my fingers into the mat of hair protruding from the box and carefully tilted it upward. Whoever she was, modelling was not in her future. "This one isn't mine," I said.

"Oh, but she is," he replied. "There have been certain...altercations."
"I think you mean alterations. No, sir. Since you two first met, there have been a lot of altercations."

I tried to swallow but my throat was too dry. What does all of this mean, I thought to myself.

I tried to think of something to say. Something that might buy me some time to figure out a way out of this situation. However knowing that this was my first ,and lets face it guys we never forget our first my curiosity was up.

"Just one more question. How is this supposed to keep me cooler?"

"Metaphorical, actually," the salesman replied; and for the first time I noticed the strange marking on the webbing between his thumb and pointer finger on his left hand. "You seem to have curtailed your activities as lof late. And we need people who have cold hearts."

I am now beginning to panic, and am thinking about using the knife I used to open the box on this mysterious "salesman".

Just as the thought comes to me the salesman says"Do not even think about using that knife on me.You see I know all your most intimate thoughts and I know you have been wanting to get back inthe game.So here is your chance to do something you love and heat up that cold bitter heart of yours.What do you say Dr."

Dr. so this guy does know what he is talking about.That kind of excited me.

"I can see it in your eyes, you are ready to get back to work." This man seems to know what I am thinking before I do. If I am to get out of this I will need to stop his ability to read me so well. Do I want to get out of this?

TerryE
07-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes, at least out of this conversation. But just thinking about my... "unauthorized surgeries" is bringing back all the old urges.

peteOcha
07-11-2012, 02:09 PM
And in a flash, like lightning lighting up a darkened sky, I thrust the knife into the cardboard box...

Antmusic
07-11-2012, 02:35 PM
The box easily yields to my knife as I slice down the sides and let the true nature of my new gift be fully revealed...

TerryE
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
As the box shakes, her eyes snap open, the beautiful terror glowing. It is the same woman. But as my devilish new companion said, there were obviously a lot of altercations, and alterations, in her existence since I left her floating in Taggert Swamp, fourteen months ago.

HorrorScribe
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
If I remember right, her physical beauty was not what originally captured my interest back then, no. Instead, what I sensed deep within her mottled soul intrigued me such that...

calason
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I had to capture her essence. She stirred feelings in the darkest, innermost parts of my heart that I hadn't felt in years. My abilities would allow me....

TerryE
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
to at least glimpse what was inside of her, even if I could not keep it for myself. I took her, drugged her, and made my cuttings, only to find she was as ordinary as anyone else inside. Maybe she deserved better, but in my frustration and disappointment...

srboone
07-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I felt the stirrings of my ruined manhood. Finally. Somewhere out there was someone so unique that the few exquite moments moments I would have inside her would bring back what had been taken from me in the war. I knew...

bookworm 1
07-11-2012, 11:51 PM
I would not be able to control myself.I struggled with the hurt and the wanting to hurt.Finally I could take it no longer I grab her by the hair and......

peteOcha
07-12-2012, 10:13 AM
...and stripped her of the greasy fur coat she was wearing. Why such an ugly garment had been chosen to cover her beautiful body was beyond my comprehension.

TerryE
07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Her body had been beautiful when I met her last year. And the cuts I made were clean, surgical. I'd left her in a swamp, to die and I'm sure there must have been infections, but this... this thing before me now...

peteOcha
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
...took my breath away. The cuts I had made on her before were ripe red in color, almost as if I had just made them yesterday. There were no scabs, nothing that took away from the beauty of my work.

HorrorScribe
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
"Thank you," I whispered to my visitor. "You have shown me the path to my salvation. I can now continue to...

peteOcha
07-12-2012, 07:15 PM
...heal myself. The war... it changed me. But when I cut, each piece of flesh that falls to the floor is like a piece of me, of my sanity, coming back together again."

srboone
07-12-2012, 07:40 PM
SIDENOTE: This is getting really demented guys.I love it!

I took a last inhale from my cigarette and butted it in the overflowing ash tray, tilting my head as the smoke coursed through is soothing way through my lungs and out my nostrils. From the breast pocket of the workshirt I'd slept in...again, I removed a sweat-stained roll of Black Gold, fired up and toaked.

"Thank you," I wheezed again, passing him the joint.

Antmusic
07-12-2012, 08:01 PM
"No thank you, I'm on the clock." The delivery man gave me a crooked smile and produced a tiny digital video recorder. "Mind if I film? They want to see your work."

TerryE
07-12-2012, 08:41 PM
"I thought you knew my work."
"Oh, I know everything about you. But They don't."

peteOcha
07-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Intrigued, I decided that I would let him film.

bookworm 1
07-12-2012, 10:32 PM
With an unrelenting joy in my heart,ajoy I had not felt in months,I grabbed the knife smiled at the camera and.........

TerryE
07-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Moderator Edit: What Has Gone Before (page 2):

Yes, at least out of this conversation. But just thinking about my... "unauthorized surgeries" is bringing back all the old urges.

And in a flash, like lightning lighting up a darkened sky, I thrust the knife into the cardboard box...

The box easily yields to my knife as I slice down the sides and let the true nature of my new gift be fully revealed...

As the box shakes, her eyes snap open, the beautiful terror glowing. It is the same woman. But as my devilish new companion said, there were obviously a lot of altercations, and alterations, in her existence since I left her floating in Taggert Swamp, fourteen months ago.

If I remember right, her physical beauty was not what originally captured my interest back then, no. Instead, what I sensed deep within her mottled soul intrigued me such that...

I had to capture her essence. She stirred feelings in the darkest, innermost parts of my heart that I hadn't felt in years. My abilities would allow me....

to at least glimpse what was inside of her, even if I could not keep it for myself. I took her, drugged her, and made my cuttings, only to find she was as ordinary as anyone else inside. Maybe she deserved better, but in my frustration and disappointment...

I felt the stirrings of my ruined manhood. Finally. Somewhere out there was someone so unique that the few exquite moments moments I would have inside her would bring back what had been taken from me in the war. I knew...

I would not be able to control myself.I struggled with the hurt and the wanting to hurt.Finally I could take it no longer I grab her by the hair and......

...and stripped her of the greasy fur coat she was wearing. Why such an ugly garment had been chosen to cover her beautiful body was beyond my comprehension.

Her body had been beautiful when I met her last year. And the cuts I made were clean, surgical. I'd left her in a swamp, to die and I'm sure there must have been infections, but this... this thing before me now...

...took my breath away. The cuts I had made on her before were ripe red in color, almost as if I had just made them yesterday. There were no scabs, nothing that took away from the beauty of my work.

"Thank you," I whispered to my visitor. "You have shown me the path to my salvation. I can now continue to...

...heal myself. The war... it changed me. But when I cut, each piece of flesh that falls to the floor is like a piece of me, of my sanity, coming back together again."

I took a last inhale from my cigarette and butted it in the overflowing ash tray, tilting my head as the smoke coursed through is soothing way through my lungs and out my nostrils. From the breast pocket of the workshirt I'd slept in...again, I removed a sweat-stained roll of Black Gold, fired up and toaked.

"Thank you," I wheezed again, passing him the joint.

"No thank you, I'm on the clock." The delivery man gave me a crooked smile and produced a tiny digital video recorder. "Mind if I film? They want to see your work."

"I thought you knew my work."
"Oh, I know everything about you. But They don't."

Intrigued, I decided that I would let him film.

With an unrelenting joy in my heart,ajoy I had not felt in months,I grabbed the knife smiled at the camera and.........

resumed the work I had started so long before. Number One had been fully anesthetized when I worked on her last. After her, I started to delight in their pain. This time...

Xiabei
07-13-2012, 12:18 AM
any feelings of doubt were long gone. I was inside of myself and outside of myself; I was outside of her and inside of her; it was as if I discovered the answers to the riddles of the universe and found them all wanting in comparison to how this made me feel.

HorrorScribe
07-13-2012, 04:19 PM
In my state of newfound glory, I examined the features of my curious visitor. The joint fell from my suddenly trembling fingers. My glee evaporated, for I knew him. From before. My old war injury sang. "You," I gasped.

bookworm 1
07-13-2012, 08:32 PM
"I thought you were dead.I plunged that knife into you 5 -6 times you were bleeding like a stuck pig.How....How ....how did you survive sarge?""You evil son of a bitch.I killed you.You sent us into that war zone knowing we did not stand a chance.You got 25 men killed with your stupid aragance.You bastard why didn't you just die"?

peteOcha
07-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Sarge grinned back at me and said, "Son, I did die."

TerryE
07-13-2012, 08:42 PM
"And I guess you're right about me being evil. I made some new friends on the other side. And They showed me how you've been spending your time."

(thanks guys, you set me up to bring "They" back into it)

srboone
07-13-2012, 09:22 PM
I paused, still reeling from the fact that the man responsible for my condition was standing in my living room. "Then why the camera, shitbag?," I spat at Sarge. "I thought you said THEY didn't know my work." Sarge grinned and...

(couldn't resist the bit about the camera...:rolleyes:)

bookworm 1
07-13-2012, 09:31 PM
....Said "I lied you dirt bag.Besides they love to watch.So what now dirt bag what now.You want to make a real movie,or do you want to be part of one.I am fine with either option dirt bag.So whats it gonna be.Speak!!!!!Cut this silence crap and speak!"
I stood there still silent unsure of what to say or what to do.Then it came to me............

TerryE
07-13-2012, 09:35 PM
said, "No. I said I know everything, but They don't know everything. They know enough to want to know more. I never met any of the big bosses, but the ones I did know sensed your beginning, and sensed our connection, and had enough power to send me back to watch and report. They were greatly disappointed by your "retirement". We had such high hopes."

(Note: Bookworm and I added the last two posts at the same time. Next contributor, please choose one line to continue with and we'll roll from there)

srboone
07-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Not taking my eyes off Sarge, I retrieved the smoldering roach and took a last drag. Held it in, let the stuff work it's magic. Now wasn't the time for settling old scores. Now was the time for...

(Sorry guys, I balked...:o)

bookworm 1
07-14-2012, 11:02 PM
ending this horror.I picked up the knife and plunged it into myself over and over.With my intestines slowly spilling to the floor I looked up at Sarge and with my last bit of strength smirked and gave him the one finger salute.Darkness started setteling in over me. The end was close.

Xiabei
07-15-2012, 02:05 AM
settling this. I took the knife and plunged it through his right eye, into his brain. I stood panting, amazed that I was able to resist what he had been saying. I was shaking a bit so I sat down at the kitchen table and lit another cigarette. As I did, the phone rang. Despite being shaken by everything, I answered it. "Good day," said an unrecognizable voice on the other end. "I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your new job. As soon as you feel up to it, there's someone we'd like you to go see. We'll be in touch."

srboone
07-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Everybody seems to be ending the story their own way. I love it! Jumpin' off from BW's last post:

The encroaching darkness soothed my pain and I stared at my entrails heaped on the floor. I had tried looking for the solution to my problem by looking at the insides of others, but never tried looking at my own. I slowly reached into the cut I had made. Instantly the pain flared up and I smiled in spite of it; it meant I was alive. I worked my way up until I found my heart. It's beat was weak, but strong enough. I caressed it gently for a moment, finally understanding at the end. I closed my eyes and started to squeeze.

I died with a raging hardon. Bet you didn't think you were talking to a dead guy, huh?

So much for cold turkey.

peteOcha
07-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Going off of the BW+Squire ending:

Epilogue:

Sarge switched off the camera. "Well, it seems like the first step was a success. Just as They had hoped." He walked up to the corpse of his fellow soldier and slipped something in his mouth. "See you soon, buddy, real soon... Now They need as more than ever at the front." And with that evil grin on his face, he sat down in the living room and waited.

HorrorScribe
07-15-2012, 01:17 PM
The one piece that sarge didn't know, however, was that They'd manipulated this entire encounter. Though They allowed some free will to seep into the proceedings, for the most part, They'd utilized Their puppets for the sole purpose of pure entertainment. Existence had become much too droll on the other side.

srboone
07-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Well, I originally thought that it would last longer than a week, but the response was really great and we got a lot of good ideas. I'm gonna call an end to this story and encourage others to start another one, maybe one more focused and clearly defined (I'll be the first to admit that this first one was pretty disorganized.) Again, thanks to those to all readers and contibutors.

peteOcha
07-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't say it was disorganized. It was simple - write one line, then someone else rights one line - and fun!:)

TerryE
07-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Okay, I'm going to throw it out that I have an idea/opening for our next attempt. Do you guys think I should wait until this one is completely finished before we move on?

srboone
07-16-2012, 11:30 AM
That's up to you. You certainly can. I want to keep the ball rolling on this one, so that's where my focus will be. My creative juices are starting to seep out. I haven't even attempted to write anything for more than 20 years, so I'm kinda rarin' to go.

Xiabei
07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Another would definitely be good. If there's a time limit, perhaps we could know before we start? It seems like the story could have gone many ways, but knowing the time frame at the start may help with the "disorganization" and direction of the story.

And I'd be happy to help with compiling and editing the entries. I hate typos and misspellings. :-)

srboone
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Moderator Edit: What Has Gone Before (page 3):

resumed the work I had started so long before. Number One had been fully anesthetized when I worked on her last. After her, I started to delight in their pain. This time...

any feelings of doubt were long gone. I was inside of myself and outside of myself; I was outside of her and inside of her; it was as if I discovered the answers to the riddles of the universe and found them all wanting in comparison to how this made me feel.

In my state of newfound glory, I examined the features of my curious visitor. The joint fell from my suddenly trembling fingers. My glee evaporated, for I knew him. From before. My old war injury sang. "You," I gasped.

"I thought you were dead.I plunged that knife into you 5 -6 times you were bleeding like a stuck pig.How....How ....how did you survive sarge?""You evil son of a bitch.I killed you.You sent us into that war zone knowing we did not stand a chance.You got 25 men killed with your stupid aragance.You bastard why didn't you just die"?

Sarge grinned back at me and said, "Son, I did die."

"And I guess you're right about me being evil. I made some new friends on the other side. And They showed me how you've been spending your time."

I paused, still reeling from the fact that the man responsible for my condition was standing in my living room. "Then why the camera, shitbag?," I spat at Sarge. "I thought you said THEY didn't know my work." Sarge grinned and...

....Said "I lied you dirt bag.Besides they love to watch.So what now dirt bag what now.You want to make a real movie,or do you want to be part of one.I am fine with either option dirt bag.So whats it gonna be.Speak!!!!!Cut this silence crap and speak!"
I stood there still silent unsure of what to say or what to do.Then it came to me............

said, "No. I said I know everything, but They don't know everything. They know enough to want to know more. I never met any of the big bosses, but the ones I did know sensed your beginning, and sensed our connection, and had enough power to send me back to watch and report. They were greatly disappointed by your "retirement". We had such high hopes."

Not taking my eyes off Sarge, I retrieved the smoldering roach and took a last drag. Held it in, let the stuff work it's magic. Now wasn't the time for settling old scores. Now was the time for...

ending this horror.I picked up the knife and plunged it into myself over and over.With my intestines slowly spilling to the floor I looked up at Sarge and with my last bit of strength smirked and gave him the one finger salute.Darkness started setteling in over me. The end was close.

settling this. I took the knife and plunged it through his right eye, into his brain. I stood panting, amazed that I was able to resist what he had been saying. I was shaking a bit so I sat down at the kitchen table and lit another cigarette. As I did, the phone rang. Despite being shaken by everything, I answered it. "Good day," said an unrecognizable voice on the other end. "I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your new job. As soon as you feel up to it, there's someone we'd like you to go see. We'll be in touch."

The encroaching darkness soothed my pain and I stared at my entrails heaped on the floor. I had tried looking for the solution to my problem by looking at the insides of others, but never tried looking at my own. I slowly reached into the cut I had made. Instantly the pain flared up and I smiled in spite of it; it meant I was alive. I worked my way up until I found my heart. It's beat was weak, but strong enough. I caressed it gently for a moment, finally understanding at the end. I closed my eyes and started to squeeze.

I died with a raging hardon. Bet you didn't think you were talking to a dead guy, huh?

So much for cold turkey.

Going off of the BW+Squire ending:

Epilogue:

Sarge switched off the camera. "Well, it seems like the first step was a success. Just as They had hoped." He walked up to the corpse of his fellow soldier and slipped something in his mouth. "See you soon, buddy, real soon... Now They need as more than ever at the front." And with that evil grin on his face, he sat down in the living room and waited.

The one piece that sarge didn't know, however, was that They'd manipulated this entire encounter. Though They allowed some free will to seep into the proceedings, for the most part, They'd utilized Their puppets for the sole purpose of pure entertainment. Existence had become much too droll on the other side.

Sorry about that, Xia. That came up at the last minute. It wasn't really time, it was simply that this one was requested to be a short story rather than an extended narrative. After awhile I figured we had enough good ideas to bring it to a close. That's all. I really had thought about a longer time period than just a week.

Xiabei
07-16-2012, 06:14 PM
No problem. Just my personal opinion. Sometimes I have a tendency to want to over-think things.

Xiabei
07-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Is there a place that compiles the last entries? I got the first two from this thread.

srboone
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Haven't done that yet. I'll do that--forgot that we were on a new page.

Teriw
07-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I was thinking about joining in, thought it'd make me feel better to write something. even if it ended up being one line, I dont have the energy for more. Great story though guys.