PDA

View Full Version : The Talisman & Black House - Collectors Set with Limited Edition Slipcase and Poster

Dan Hocker
06-13-2012, 04:16 PM
The Talisman & Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub
New Collector's Set With Two Books, A Limited Edition Slipcase, and A Special Tomislav Tikulin Poster!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_kingst04.jpg

This is the discussion thread for The Talisman & Black House announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_kingst04)

CLICK HERE to view this announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?1350)

frik51
06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
I would love to order the slipcase, Dan, but not the books.
Is this a possibility?

sk

atariguy
06-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Why are they reprinting these? Grant still hasn't been able to sell out the limited edition from several years ago.

Dan Hocker
06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I would love to order the slipcase, Dan, but not the books.
Is this a possibility?

sk

It might be when all is said and done. For now we're just selling the sets though to avoid the confusion that comes with selling the items individually.

Dan Hocker
06-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Why are they reprinting these? Grant still hasn't been able to sell out the limited edition from several years ago.

I would say Scribner are re-releasing the hardcovers because there is probably a demand for hardcovers at the lower price point. Plus they'd end up in the book stores where the $150 Grant editions probably aren't.

Teriw
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
I want the grant but can't afford it. Can't afford this one either though. Very tempting but I also thing the shining set through overlook is even more tempting and I have not sprung for that either.

bookworm 1
06-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Well I sprung for this.I have been on the fence with the Grant edition and since I am only using my savings cert.for now I thought I would go for it.I did like both of these stories with Talisman being in my top 5.

Teriw
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of talisman. It started to slow for me...haven't read black house yet because I think it'll start slow too.

Teriw
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I am, however, a huge fan of wolf.

bookworm 1
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I liked wolf too.I think SK should write a book with Wolf and Tom Cullen as the main characters.Those are 2 of my favorite characters he has written.

adamjames
06-15-2012, 03:21 AM
I think Wolf might be my favorite character ever.

frik51
06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of talisman. It started to slow for me...haven't read black house yet because I think it'll start slow too.

Black House starts a lot slower than The Talisman. Most people hate this BH opening, blaming Straub. I'm sure Straub did write it, but I think he did an amazing job: I love the opening of BH.
Go read it, Teri - it's completely different from The Talisman.

sk

Teriw
06-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I will be reading it. I have so many still left to read though so it's hard to choose. Carrie is next as you all know since you guys decided it. Then I am going to work on the ones I know have movie Remakes or new movies coming out or rumored. So IT and 11/22/63 most likely.

frik51
06-16-2012, 04:34 AM
11/22/63 Will be my next King. But I'm still halfways Under he Dome, so that might take awhile yet.

sk

Teriw
06-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Have you been busy or are you not into UTD? Its been a while.

frik51
06-17-2012, 04:32 AM
I know, I know.....I just have been very busy with school. Marking papers, getting my kids ready for their finals, marking exams, meeting after meeting, etc, etc, etc.
But, I just passed the 700-page mark and todaybeing Sunday, I'm sure I'll get me some reading done.

sk

divemaster
06-18-2012, 04:05 PM

I did not like The Talisman much at all. However, Black House is top-of-the-line King. Great story. So be sure and give it a shot!

Dave1442397
06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I ordered this set. I've never gotten around to ordering the Grant set and only have The Talisman in paperback, so why not?

srboone
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I have first prints of both trades of these books and while I liked the The Talisman, I thought Black House was one of his least successful books. I don't see the need to get these.......Yet.

frik51
06-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Of course you do, Squire.
And deep down, you know this to be true! :)

sk

bookworm 1
06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Well Seip does that mean you are jumping on board or just trying to get Squire to spend his money.I am fine with either one.Lord knows he has caused me some debt in the past.:rolleyes:.Oh wait I was gonna get most of that stuff anyway.

srboone
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
And I may order it yet, just not now. Too many other things need my attention. And money.

frik51
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Seip

It's funny (to this Dutchman at least) how the ie/ei combination causes (some) a lot of problems in the English language.
It's Siep.
To be pronounced as?? Someone once pronounced my name as having two syllables: Si-ep (sy-app).
Not.
It's Seep, but with a short ee-sound.

(not important at all, guys, just thought I'd mention it..)

sk

srboone
06-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Thank you Professor Kuypers! :)

bookworm 1
06-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Sorry sometimes my one finger typying of death skills get to me and I try to add more fingers and they all twist up and I hit keys I don't want to and so on and so forth.Sorry though.:)
It's funny (to this Dutchman at least) how the ie/ei combination causes (some) a lot of problems in the English language.
It's Siep.
To be pronounced as?? Someone once pronounced my name as having two syllables: Si-ep (sy-app).
Not.
It's Seep, but with a short ee-sound.

(not important at all, guys, just thought I'd mention it..)

sk

atariguy
06-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I would say Scribner are re-releasing the hardcovers because there is probably a demand for hardcovers at the lower price point. Plus they'd end up in the book stores where the $150 Grant editions probably aren't.

If you buy the artist edition of DT VII along with the T/BH set, it's like getting the T/BH set for only $100. ;)

Still, if DMG hasn't been able to sell 3500 sets in almost 10 years, I'm questioning the demand of a new hardcover edition, even though it will be cheaper. If they want to reach the masses at an inexpensive pricepoint, they should do it in paperback.

Kind of like how they re-released On Writing when the original was actually selling in the dollar store. I don't get it.

But maybe this will somehow increase demand for the Grant set, and it will end up being worth something...

Dan Hocker
06-20-2012, 07:02 PM
If you buy the artist edition of DT VII along with the T/BH set, it's like getting the T/BH set for only $100. ;)

Still, if DMG hasn't been able to sell 3500 sets in almost 10 years, I'm questioning the demand of a new hardcover edition, even though it will be cheaper. If they want to reach the masses at an inexpensive pricepoint, they should do it in paperback.

Kind of like how they re-released On Writing when the original was actually selling in the dollar store. I don't get it.

But maybe this will somehow increase demand for the Grant set, and it will end up being worth something...

I think they're doing a paperback as well, or at least you can pre-order a paperback on amazon.

srboone
12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
So...are theses going to be 1st/1sts you're gettting for these sets, or will you be using a later printing? Help me decide, please, I've got a $50 coupon to us before Friday...:eek:

frik51
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Somewhere else I read these are 1st/1st editions.

sk

Dan Hocker
12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I believe we are getting 1st's, I'm not sure though. Brian will correct me if I'm wrong.

peteOcha
12-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Brian hasnt corrected you so I guess you were right. :) I can't wait for this set though! The poster looks amazing!

Dan Hocker
12-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Brian hasnt corrected you so I guess you were right. :) I can't wait for this set though! The poster looks amazing!

I'm pretty sure he put it in a newsletter somewhere, but there's only going to be one printing of this, and it's a pretty low print run.

peteOcha
12-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I recall reading something about that. Pretty cool, just sweetens the deal!:)

bookworm 1
12-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes I love that poster as well.2013 good year ahead.

bookworm 1
03-23-2013, 12:07 AM
any news on when this set will ship.

Dan Hocker
03-26-2013, 01:40 PM
any news on when this set will ship.

Not 100% but I think the cases are getting close to being completed. The posters and books are here so we're just waiting on the cases.

bookworm 1
05-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I think this shipped today. I got a strange e-mail from Mindy about a package being shipped.The only thing it said was poster.I also got my e-mail for the next etc 2013 books that came yesterday.

Dave1442397
05-28-2013, 06:46 PM
I got mine and the poster today. All our held mail was delivered today after our vacation, along with a batch of mail for many others in the neighborhood that must have fallen in there by accident.

Martin
06-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Finally got my books yesterday. Great job with the slipcase, the set looks fantastic.

Teriw
06-04-2013, 11:45 PM
I forgot about this set. I'm guessing its sold out.

Dan Hocker
06-05-2013, 02:07 PM
I forgot about this set. I'm guessing its sold out.

Officially yes, but I believe we actually have a handful of extra sets.

subie09lega
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
And how would one who's interesting in procuring a set go about doing that?

Officially yes, but I believe we actually have a handful of extra sets.

Teriw
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes, Dan. If one with a lovely gift card might be interested in such a thing. I haven't seen them yet though.

subie09lega
06-05-2013, 08:49 PM
You can view pictures in: Thread: Bookworm 1's collection
They're posted on page 50, 5/10/13.

Yes, Dan. If one with a lovely gift card might be interested in such a thing. I haven't seen them yet though.

Dan Hocker
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Send me an email I can enter a order for anyone who would like one. If anyone isn't interested in the whole set I know we have a whole bunch of extra posters as well. Though I think we'll probably put them up for sale on the website sooner or later.

Teriw
06-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Can you or anyone who ordered one post some photo's and the full details. The page is not up anymore...usually just says told out but its gone altogether. If I recall I may have not ordered it because there was nothing special about them not because of the money but I am not sure, I can even remember who published them and google keeps bringing up the DMG limited.

Martin
06-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I have the set but probably will not be able to get pictures up until this weekend. They are trade editions published by Scribner. Nothing special about the books. They do have a very low print run for trade editions though and the Slipcase CD added is real nice.
Can you or anyone who ordered one post some photo's and the full details. The page is not up anymore...usually just says told out but its gone altogether. If I recall I may have not ordered it because there was nothing special about them not because of the money but I am not sure, I can even remember who published them and google keeps bringing up the DMG limited.

Teriw
06-06-2013, 03:18 AM
After seeing the books in the store today I decided against it because theres nothing special about them they're just like any trade edition. Thought they would be nice books or have art or something but nothing. CD shoulda done them then they might be worth it. I'm just the slipcase and poster are really nice but I have enough art already and no where to hang em. Still debating on the poster tho...depends on the price i guess and if its signed by tomislav

Martin
06-06-2013, 04:01 AM
I can't argue with your decision. They are basic trade editions, reprints at that. I probably would not have gone for them if it wasn't for the CD slipcase and a nice sale. That said I am happy to have them in collection.
After seeing the books in the store today I decided against it because theres nothing special about them they're just like any trade edition. Thought they would be nice books or have art or something but nothing. CD shoulda done them then they might be worth it. I'm just the slipcase and poster are really nice but I have enough art already and no where to hang em. Still debating on the poster tho...depends on the price i guess and if its signed by tomislav

Tommy
06-06-2013, 04:43 AM
They do have very cool artwork for the covers and I got mine because I had given away both of those titles as gifts over the years, not too mention the really cool slipcase and poster AND I had an $80 coupon alongside the renewable gift certificate, I got all that for less than five dollars, not including shipping, pretty sweet deal :cool:

bookworm 1
06-06-2013, 09:01 PM
It is a nice set and I am happy that I got it. The poster is still in the tube it came in. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I need to start framing some stuff.

jester05jk
06-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I say get the cheap frames from Target, Walmart, etc... and knock some out. I like them and have used a few. Most of my stuff, actually last night, made the transition from tubes/a record store art box to a 70gal flatish under bed rubbermaid. I was able to lay a lot of the stuff out flat. Plus it was cool seeing what all I had and forgot about.

LoStAlIvE
10-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Can someone post some pictures of this set \. I would like to see the slipcase and print that came with it. Thank you for anyones help.

Dave1442397
11-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Here's the set next to the Grant set, just for comparison purposes. The slipcase is nice, and fits perfectly. I don't know where the poster is at the moment, but if I find it later I'll add a pic of it too.

Dave1442397
11-01-2013, 01:36 PM
And the poster, which had never been out of its tube until now. It's actually damaged at one corner...looks like it happened while it was being put in the tube. I used a couple of magazines to hold it down while I snapped a pic.

Dan Hocker
11-01-2013, 01:57 PM
And the poster, which had never been out of its tube until now. It's actually damaged at one corner...looks like it happened while it was being put in the tube. I used a couple of magazines to hold it down while I snapped a pic.

If you need a replacement let me know. The posters where shipped poorly to us and some of the lesser quality ones slipped through. If it had been damaged being put into a tube an entire side of the poster would be damaged and not just a corner.

Dave1442397
11-01-2013, 02:19 PM
If you need a replacement let me know. The posters where shipped poorly to us and some of the lesser quality ones slipped through. If it had been damaged being put into a tube an entire side of the poster would be damaged and not just a corner.

Hey Dan, a replacement would be great! I thought it would be a bit late to say anything now, considering how long I've had it, but it's definitely one of the damaged ones. It's bent and creased near the bottom left corner.

Dan Hocker
11-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey Dan, a replacement would be great! I thought it would be a bit late to say anything now, considering how long I've had it, but it's definitely one of the damaged ones. It's bent and creased near the bottom left corner.

Send me an email and I'll get one out to you.

Dave1442397
11-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Send me an email and I'll get one out to you. Done, thanks!

bookworm 1
11-03-2013, 01:14 AM
I guess I should check my poster also. I have kept it in the tube as well. It really is quite beautiful.