No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, can't believe I completely neglected to show this makeshift bookcase, lol, decided that a DVD rack would act as a bookcase for now, and only realized I forgot to do pictures of that when I went to put my new Brian Keene PB on the shelf

Nothing special here, but that's ok

DSC00255.jpgDSC00256.jpg
    DSC00257.jpgDSC00258.jpgDSC00259.jpg
    Last edited by RJK1981; 06-29-2011, 01:23 AM.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

DSC00260.jpgDSC00261.jpg
      Spoiler!

Comment

Nice!
        Thanks for sharing.

sk

Comment

Thanks, and no problem. As is probably obvious I like reading multiple types of books, though lately they've all been related to horror pretty much, except maybe Death Hunt on Ervoon. A lot of those books are still in my TBR pile. Most of the books in my box that I haven't organized at all yet are fantasy, many related to the Dragonlance world. Weiss & Hickman are a couple of my favorite authors for fantasy
          Spoiler!

Comment

Sweet, nice additions! Another author that i've never really read is Brain Keene!

Comment

Haven't put these ones in this thread yet.

DSC00265.jpgDSC00264.jpg
              Spoiler!

Comment

Newest additions. 2nd picture is the back of In Laymon's Terms

DSC00268.jpgDSC00270.jpg
                Spoiler!

Comment

I really like the cover artwork for that book!

Comment

Great to see Ghost Story here. I love that book. The early Straub is amazing. His later works I find a bit dull.

sk

Comment

He turned away from supernatural horror after Ghost Story, going mostly for supense. I'm waiting for another full-blown supe horror story from him.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Newest additions. Received Corpse Blossoms in the mail yesterday. Purchased a copy of A Dance With Dragons while I was at Target because they had a few 1st Edition/1st printings (they had 3 copies at one nearby Target and 4 at another, at least from what I was able to see)

DSC00271.jpg

Under the DJ of A Dance With Dragons

DSC00273.jpg

Under the DJ of Corpse Blossoms

DSC00272.jpg
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Nice additions. I really need to pick up a copy of ADWD but like Frik I'm not in any hurry. BTW I ordered a copy of "Corpse Blossoms" and I'm really looking forward to reading it. It had some really great reviews and sounds like a cool book. Thanks for posting about it as I wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks. Wouldn't have gotten ADWD but since it's apparently on a 6th printing already I figured it'd be a decent investment if I never end up reading the series. And you're welcome about Corpse Blossoms, discovered it through Brian James Freeman's website I think, looking at where he had stories, then saw some of the other names inside and saw the positive reviews on Amazon and decided I'd get it at some point
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Corpse Blossoms is awesome. The publisher, Creeping Hemlock Press, puts out a lot of great stuff. They've got a new all-zombie line called "Print Is Dead" you should check out.

Blu
                              Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                              Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Decided to take some more pictures of a couple of my limited editions.

These 3 are from Brian Keene's newest book, Entombed. The cover art is by GAK, and interior art is by Glenn Chadbourne.

DSC00275.jpgDSC00276.jpgDSC00277.jpg

Cover of Shocklines Special Edition of A Priest of Blood by Douglas Clegg. I like the cover, but what I don't like is that the rest of the cover on the side and back is just black, so when it is sitting on the bookcase you can't tell what it is unless you already know.

DSC00289.jpg
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X