PDA

View Full Version : Dan Hocker's Collection

Pages : [1] 2

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Well I thought I'd kick it off with my small collection. I'm really just starting to collect certain things. A lot of what I have really isn't all that collectible, but some of it is, and some of it is just what I've gotten by working at CD.

Edit: Well attachments don't appear to be working for some reason that I can't figure out, so this will have to wait till later. :rolleyes:

And now they work, forgive my crappy photography.

calason
05-14-2011, 01:12 AM
I was gonna say.

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Ok, here's my first shelf. Here's what's there from left to right.

SOD 1 & 2 gift editions, Hellboy Library Editions Vol 1 & 2, Illustrated Stephen King Companion, Legacies (PC), Dark Tower Concordance, RTB gift edition, FDNS gift editions, Exorcist Legion (PC), The Passage (PC), Under The Dome THC, FDNS THC, FDNS UK edition, Dark Tower Concordance Vol 1 paperback, Hellboy: The Bones of Giants, Shivers VI Limtited, The Painted Darkness (PC), Blockade Billy THC

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Here's the second shelf, these are mostly papber back's, and they have been read heavily so they aren't really in that great of condition. The first row got out of order somehow, and I didn't feel like retaking the picture.

Row 1: The Sword of Shannara, The Elfstones of Shannara, The Wishsong of Shannara, The Scions of Shannara, The Druid of Shannara, Magic the Gathering: Invasion, The First King of Shannara, Magic the Gathering: Judgement, Magic the Gathering: Planeshift, The Talisman of Shannara, The Elf Queen of Shannara, Dune, The Jungle, The War of the Worlds, The Hobbit, The Unfinished Tales of J.R.R. Tolkien.

Row 2: The Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn, The Shadow Rising, The Fires of Heaven, Lord of Chaos, A Crown of Swords, The Path of Daggers, Winter's Heart, EVE: The Empyrian Age

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:30 AM
And the next set.

Row 1: Harry Potter Books 1-7, New Spring, Crossroads of Twilight, Knife of Dreams

Row 2: A really old set of Tolkien paperbacks (held together by masking tape), The Silmarrilian, A small book about Thomas Jefferson holding up some video games and cd's

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:33 AM
And the next shelf

The Scions of Shannara, The First King of Shannara, A really old paperback of The Sword of Shannara (found it in a box somewhere), The Lord of the Rings complete paperback, The Deed of Paksenarrion, Hellboy Comics (more pictures coming), The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Ok, here are some of the latest books I have gotten. Aquired these in a big "Stephen King" bundle on ebay. I haven't found a home for them yet. Some of these are first editions, I'll come back later and post which ones.

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Ok, Here's my Hellboy comic stuff from the one shelf.

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Ok, these where in the first picture, but I thought I'd go into more detail as they are my favorite things in my current collection. I still need to acquire vol 3 and 4.

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Here's my Scott Pilgrim box set with the poster it came with. If you're into comics at all, you really need to read this one. It is a really great story. The last attachment is the poster. I'll add my magazine collection later, although it's not really a collection at all, more or less I'm just a pack rat... ;)

frik51
05-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Love what I see, Dan!
As a HellBoy fan, what did you think of Del Toro's movie adaptations?
As I've never read the comics, I can't really compare, but I love what he's done.
Wish there would be a third.

sk

Dan Hocker
05-14-2011, 03:09 AM
I liked the movies, but I know a lot of the fans of the comics didn't. I've always been one to separate a movie from the book it was based off of.

Patrick
05-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Nice collection, Dan.

I don't know jack about Hellboy, but you make me want to look into it.

Dan Hocker
05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys! Hellboy and the other comic's associated with Hellboy are really good. A great combination of suspense, horror, fantasy, and action all mixed together. I've got some more stuff to post picture's of this weekend, as well as some more Hellboy stuff coming next week.

Dan Hocker
05-21-2011, 04:03 AM
We'll start with the one I'm actually most looking forward to reading. S/L edition of McCammon's The Wolf's Hour #678

Dan Hocker
05-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Next we have one of CD's titles, I'm actually looking forward to reading this one as well. I also really love the cover art that my coworker's chose for this. Wicked Things by Thomas Tessier #PC.

Dan Hocker
05-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Next up, Two Stephen King Gift Editions. Insomnia and Desperation. Two very cool books.

Dan Hocker
05-21-2011, 04:15 AM
The last installment for now, and my favorite in this particular group. The Slipcased Edition of Knowing Darkness.

Ben Staad
05-21-2011, 03:41 PM
We'll start with the one I'm actually most looking forward to reading. S/L edition of McCammon's The Wolf's Hour #678

Excellent book to have in your collection! Robert McCammon is fantastic in my opinion.

bsaenz24
05-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Excellent book to have in your collection! Robert McCammon is fantastic in my opinion.

I agree 100%. I LOVE Wolf's Hour!! I haven't read a couple of the very early ones, but I've read about 10 or 11 McCammon novels and loved them all.

Dan Hocker
05-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Yay! More Hellboy stuff.... lol. First we've got the Hellboy Library Edition Vol 3.

Dan Hocker
05-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Here's the rest. First we have some new issues and some older one's trying to complete some of the collection that I'm missing still. From left to right, column by column, we have the B.P.R.D. Killing Stages Trade Paper Back, underneath that is a Hellboy "One Shot" The Bride of Hell, then we have issues 2, 7, and 8 of Hellboy: The Wild Hunt, in the next column we have B.P.R.D. 1947 Issues 1, 4, and 5 (completing that set)

Dan Hocker
05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Ok here we have B.P.R.D. 1946 issues 1-5 and the trade paper back. This complete's this particular story arc's set.

DWWS10
05-25-2011, 03:58 AM
That cover art is *breathtaking*! I'd love to have a print of that painting for my wall! Just oozing with atmosphere.....

Ben Staad
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Ok here we have B.P.R.D. 1946 issues 1-5 and the trade paper back. This complete's this particular story arc's set.

I'm sure I could look this up but....what does B.P.R.D. stand for? The comic book covers themselves look really cool and of a subject matter I'm very interested in.

Dan Hocker
05-25-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm sure I could look this up but....what does B.P.R.D. stand for? The comic book covers themselves look really cool and of a subject matter I'm very interested in.

Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, lol you actually had me doubting myself for a second, so I looked it up to double check.

Dan Hocker
05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
That cover art is *breathtaking*! I'd love to have a print of that painting for my wall! Just oozing with atmosphere.....

The cover art for Wicked Things?

Ben Staad
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, lol you actually had me doubting myself for a second, so I looked it up to double check.

Duh! I should have known that...And to think I have actually read some HB I should be ashamed of myself. :)

Blu Gilliand
06-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Love the Hellboy stuff - those Library Editions are some of my favorites in my collection, too. Have you read the book Mignola did with Christopher Golden, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire? There's a comic series spin-off, but it started as a novel.

Dan Hocker
06-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Love the Hellboy stuff - those Library Editions are some of my favorites in my collection, too. Have you read the book Mignola did with Christopher Golden, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire? There's a comic series spin-off, but it started as a novel.

I don't think I've read that yet. I have one of the paperback Hellboy novels, but I haven't had a chance to actually read it yet.

Kenwood
06-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Very cool to see another Brooks fan around here. I'm reading his latest right now, actually.

Patrick
06-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Cool collection of stuff I know nothing about, Dan. But that's part of the fun! Thanks for sharing.

Dan Hocker
06-09-2011, 03:16 AM
I won't have any new horror stuff for awhile, although I think all my hellboy stuff can be clasified as fantasy / horror, but here some more Hellboy. Just picked these up, Issue #1-4 of Hellboy: Seed of Destruction (the first stand-alone Hellboy comics), The Hellboy: Seed of Destruction Trade Paperback, and a cool gift from Brian (which I'm pretty sure was a gift from Darkhorse to Brian) a signed copy of Hellboy: The Mole and Other Stories

Tito_Villa
06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Just looked through this and i love what i have seen!

Dan Hocker
07-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Here's my latest set of Hellboy acquisitions. Hellboy: Wake The Devil Issues 1-5 (the second story arc in the Hellboy series) and a crossover story arc called Hellboy, Batman, Starman Issues 1-2. There probably won't be too much to add here for a little while as I'm moving soon. Hopefully I'll have halfway decent bookshelves to take pictures out though. Also I apologize for the crappy picture quality on this one, I couldn't get the picture to come right.

mhatchett
07-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow! Really nice things.

ozmosis7
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I used to collect Ironman like you do Hellboy. Ended up selling most of my collection when my daughter was born, along with many other things. That dang formula was expensive. Slowly rebuilding.

TerryE
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Geez, I'm glad I'm not trying to post pictures of my comic collection. Of course I could just take a single picture of the 2 skids full of comic boxes that are storing the stuff. The wife thinks they should be gotten rid of since the house is too cluttered. I say they're in the back room, out of the way not bothering anyone, and besides they'll probably be able to pay for the kid's books come college time.

goathunter
07-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Geez, I'm glad I'm not trying to post pictures of my comic collection. Of course I could just take a single picture of the 2 skids full of comic boxes that are storing the stuff. The wife thinks they should be gotten rid of since the house is too cluttered. I say they're in the back room, out of the way not bothering anyone, and besides they'll probably be able to pay for the kid's books come college time.

Yeah, good luck with that....

Hunter

Dan Hocker
07-26-2011, 11:44 PM
New shelving setup. Not sure why one of those ended up smaller than the other ones.

ozmosis7
07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Love the swords. While writing the sequel to my first book I had to talk to some one for advice, as one of the characters uses a sword like those.

peteOcha
07-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Very nice setup! I wish I had more room for bookcases so that I could finally set all my stuff up. Maybe soon...

frik51
07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Very nice, Dan!!

sk

Dan Hocker
08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I got the latest Hellboy story arc today. Pretty good, here's a bit of a major spoiler though.

They kill Hellboy in this one, the next story arc is called Hellboy: In Hell

Dan Hocker
10-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I haven't posted anything in awhile, so I thought I'd post some stuff I picked up over the past couple of days.

Dan Hocker
10-21-2011, 10:56 PM

Dan Hocker
10-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Brought this one home today.

Dan Hocker
10-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Last but certainly not least, I thought I'd post something that I had to move around to put some of this stuff on the shelf. These where my grandfathers from WWII.

Grant Wootton
10-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Last but certainly not least, I thought I'd post something that I had to move around to put some of this stuff on the shelf. These where my grandfathers from WWII.

Dan - the books, fantastic - the Purple Heart - freaking awesome !!!! You should be very proud indeed - this is a piece of history and personal courage during some of the worst years this world has ever seen.

bsaenz24
10-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Agreed on the Purple Heart!! Very Impressive!!

And you got the perfect book to get a PC copy of!!!! Preston/Child!! ;)

peteOcha
10-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Fantastic medals! Where did your grandfather serve?

Dan Hocker
10-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Fantastic medals! Where did your grandfather serve?

Europe, we think at the Black forest near the Sigfried line.

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok, here are some of the latest books I have gotten. Aquired these in a big "Stephen King" bundle on ebay. I haven't found a home for them yet. Some of these are first editions, I'll come back later and post which ones.
I like those King books you have Dan. A lot of mine are from the SKL, but the rest are limited in some way. And you have Knowing Darkness?? I wanted that one BAD but couldn't afford it and still can't. Cool stuff.

Dan Hocker
10-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I like those King books you have Dan. A lot of mine are from the SKL, but the rest are limited in some way. And you have Knowing Darkness?? I wanted that one BAD but couldn't afford it and still can't. Cool stuff.

I picked up one of the damaged copies we had here at work, it's really the only way I could justify getting one.

bsaenz24
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
I got lucky with the Knowing Darkness.....I picked it u when they really dropped the price to selloff the last few.

frik51
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I got mine full price..ouch....(it was the Wheelan remarqued edition)

sk

Grant Wootton
10-24-2011, 08:33 PM
I got mine full price..ouch....(it was the Wheelan remarqued edition)

sk

I got myself the artists's edition a while back at a very reasonable price --- well, except for the shipping component --- would have been cheaper to airfreight an elephant from freaking Africa, and at least the neighbours kids would have something to play with ;) Well done on the Whelan remarqued copy Siep, that one's a real jewel :)

srboone
10-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I got myself the artists's edition a while back at a very reasonable price --- well, except for the shipping component --- would have been cheaper to airfreight an elephant from freaking Africa, and at least the neighbours kids would have something to play with ;) Well done on the Whelan remarqued copy Siep, that one's a real jewel :)

I saw the movie, Operation Dumbo Drop! The elephant droppings would make the extra expense to Southland worth it, tho!

Grant Wootton
10-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I saw the movie, Operation Dumbo Drop! The elephant droppings would make the extra expense to Southland worth it, tho!

Yeah, true, however; it transformed Connie's gardinia's into triffids - which isn't a bad thing, just a pain in the ass insofar as the continuing disappearances of the neighbours pets, which are becoming a little more difficult to explain each passing day ;)

TerryE
10-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I got myself the artists's edition a while back at a very reasonable price --- well, except for the shipping component --- would have been cheaper to airfreight an elephant from freaking Africa:)

Let's be fair, Grant. The weight is about the same.

Grant Wootton
10-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Let's be fair, Grant. The weight is about the same.

True, but, in hindsight, maybe I should have just imported the elephant - they're just so ... damn ... versatile - the book just sits there :rolleyes:

Dan Hocker
10-29-2011, 04:33 AM
The Word and Void Series, 1st Editions / 1st Printings. A Knight of the Word is in a little rougher shape than I would've liked, but you can't really complain for a $7 purchase. I just love the cover art for the first and last one, not so hot on the second one though. Great series of books though. I think my next purchase will be the three books in The Genesis of Shannara Series.

frik51
10-29-2011, 05:37 AM
That's a very nice set of books, Dan.
I used to read Brooks faithfully, but over the years have lost track of what he's doing.

sk

Dan Hocker
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
That's a very nice set of books, Dan.
I used to read Brooks faithfully, but over the years have lost track of what he's doing.

sk

Pretty much the same for me. I've only read The Word and Void series, Genesis of Shannara Series, High Druid series, and whatever the one he's currently working on all within the last year. The rest of his stuff I read for the first time probably 10 years ago.

peteOcha
10-29-2011, 08:53 PM
For $7 that book seems to be in fine shape! Nice additions, still something that is on my TBR list.

Dan Hocker
10-30-2011, 05:52 AM
For $7 that book seems to be in fine shape! Nice additions, still something that is on my TBR list.

You can't really see the rough condition in the pictures. It isn't in exactly the same condition as it was listed as. But doesn't really bother me.

theenormityofitall
11-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I picked up one of the damaged copies we had here at work, it's really the only way I could justify getting one.
Hey Dan, do you think it's reasonable to spend almost $800 for the limited and I think around $350 at The Overlook for one of these? It seems pretty damn high to me. I can't really remember it being offered here since I seem to buy virtually everything offered here (when I can afford it; now I can't after buying Dracula, The Woman limited and The Exorcist 40th Ann. Ed. among other books). But that just seems to high for me, still if I could afford it, I'd probably buy the limited. But I don't think that's ever gonna happen unfortunately.

theenormityofitall
11-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Europe, we think at the Black forest near the Sigfried line.

Isn't that also known as "The Battle of the Bulge"? All of my great uncles fought in Europe, but my uncle Wesley was in 5 major battles and I think you get a silver star for that?? Maybe that's not right, but I remember my grandma saying he got a special star for being in 5 major battles. I thought the silver star was for courage under fire.
My grandpa was the only one in my family who was in the Pacific theater.
Totally off topic when it comes to horror novles, but I wanted to mention it because it's extremely important we remember those guys, unlike the ungrateful lil snots nowadays.

srboone
11-01-2011, 11:06 PM
My father was at Kasarine Pass in North Africa. He has a whole bookshelf filled with books on the subject. The rest of his time in WWII was spent on the French Riviera. He wrote his memoirs back in 86, but they are unreadable. I found 5 really good stories of his days in WWII in them, but I had to piece them together from various parts of the manuscript. Writing it made him happy. Took him about 9 months. I have the only survivng copy, I think.

Dan Hocker
11-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Hey Dan, do you think it's reasonable to spend almost $800 for the limited and I think around $350 at The Overlook for one of these? It seems pretty damn high to me. I can't really remember it being offered here since I seem to buy virtually everything offered here (when I can afford it; now I can't after buying Dracula, The Woman limited and The Exorcist 40th Ann. Ed. among other books). But that just seems to high for me, still if I could afford it, I'd probably buy the limited. But I don't think that's ever gonna happen unfortunately.

I honestly don't know what the limited retail for these days. I know we sold some dinged copies of the gift for significantly less and the last time we sold new copies even though where significantly less than retail. We are talking about Knowing Darkness right?

Grant Wootton
11-02-2011, 03:24 AM

If you're talking about Knowing Darkness, and you enjoy King related art, and if you've seen the quality of the production (and, yes, true, if you can afford it) it's well worth $350 (although, truth to tell, you can get one sealed and pristine for a lot less if'n you hunt around some :cool:) As indicated elsewhere in this thread, I snagged myself an AE, and it sure as .... as ... as .... heck :p .... didn't cost $800. I wasn't joking when I said that the shipping cost more than the actual book.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
I honestly don't know what the limited retail for these days. I know we sold some dinged copies of the gift for significantly less and the last time we sold new copies even though where significantly less than retail. We are talking about Knowing Darkness right?
Yeah, Knowing Darkness. I basically wanted it not necessarily for all the artists sigs, but I remember in the email CD saying it was the biggest and heaviest book we ever did...something like 11-13 pounds?? LOL that's amazing in itself.
If I ever get the money, and some are still around, just the "regular" edition would be ok with me.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 03:51 AM
If you're talking about Knowing Darkness, and you enjoy King related art, and if you've seen the quality of the production (and, yes, true, if you can afford it) it's well worth $350 (although, truth to tell, you can get one sealed and pristine for a lot less if'n you hunt around some :cool:) As indicated elsewhere in this thread, I snagged myself an AE, and it sure as .... as ... as .... heck :p .... didn't cost $800. I wasn't joking when I said that the shipping cost more than the actual book.
If I was still working regularly which I can't do nowadays because of winter coming up, the rotten economy and the situation with my neck, (I'm an electrician), I would defintely go for the signed one even though I just said it wasn't the sigs that interested me most. It's still better to have something signed than just a regular trade edition.

Grant Wootton
11-02-2011, 04:03 AM
If I was still working regularly which I can't do nowadays because of winter coming up, the rotten economy and the situation with my neck, (I'm an electrician), I would defintely go for the signed one even though I just said it wasn't the sigs that interested me most. It's still better to have something signed than just a regular trade edition.

Sounds like a bitch mate, but you'll get through it :) As regards Knowing Darkness - there ain't nothing ordinary about the unsigned edition either, no question at all. The only differences between the two are (a) the big arsed case it comes in (b) the insert of prints that aren't included in the "regular" edition and (c) the signature pages. Signatures are well and good, however, the AE cannot be handled as you would a "standard" book - you need to be freaking Arnie S to lift that damn thing, and then you have the issue about dropping it, scuffing it, et al ... Much better off with the standard if you really want to "appreciate" the art for what it is :)

Dan Hocker
11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I think we have a few more of the backordered "dinged copies" to ship, but we might have a few extra when we're done. I think we ordered 55 and only need something like 50, I can't remember. I think we sold the "dinged" copies for about 75 give or take a couple cents.

peteOcha
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Let me know if you have some and how badly "dinged" they are. :)

Dan Hocker
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Let me know if you have some and how badly "dinged" they are. :)

Remind me again in a week, once I'm sure I'm through all the orders for them (I'll never remember) lol.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Remind me again in a week, once I'm sure I'm through all the orders for them (I'll never remember) lol.

Yeah, me too! And just $75? Defintely let me know. I'll come up with the cash somehow if you have any even if I have to dip into the bank.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Sounds like a bitch mate, but you'll get through it :) As regards Knowing Darkness - there ain't nothing ordinary about the unsigned edition either, no question at all. The only differences between the two are (a) the big arsed case it comes in (b) the insert of prints that aren't included in the "regular" edition and (c) the signature pages. Signatures are well and good, however, the AE cannot be handled as you would a "standard" book - you need to be freaking Arnie S to lift that damn thing, and then you have the issue about dropping it, scuffing it, et al ... Much better off with the standard if you really want to "appreciate" the art for what it is :)
Yeah, it really is a bitch. I fell of some rafters and ended up with a couple badly herniated discs (lucky I didn't go paralyzed). But the discs won't "pop" back in and they're thinking I might need a fusion. I'm going to another neurosurgeon next week to try something new instead of steroid injections and hopefully that'll work because he pain is so intense it's almost unreal.
Anyway, you don't get a case with the regular edition? I love cases!! I wish every limited from CD would come with a slipcase. And I wouldn't mind paying extra for it either. They just look so much nicer with a slipcase. And extra prints too?? Man, I want the limited! But I can't justify paying damn near a grand for it. I could buy 3 King limiteds for what I'd pay for the signed edition of Knowing Darkness (well maybe 2 and a signed trade). Maybe the best thing for me to do is forget about the entire book lol.

frik51
11-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Anyway, you don't get a case with the regular edition? I love cases!! I wish every limited from CD would come with a slipcase. And I wouldn't mind paying extra for it either. They just look so much nicer with a slipcase. And extra prints too?? Man, I want the limited! But I can't justify paying damn near a grand for it. I could buy 3 King limiteds for what I'd pay for the signed edition of Knowing Darkness

Siep here. Hope you don't mind me butting in.
Yes, you'll be getting a case either way: slipcase with the regular edition, traycase (plus extras) with the signed edition. The remarque was optional.
In case you're interested:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?137-Frik51-s-Collection&p=5278&viewfull=1#post5278

sk

Dan Hocker
11-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Yep, both editions are cased. The limited is in a huge (and that's a understatement) traycase, and comes with an extra book that only has the artwork in it (no text), and the "gift" (for lack of a better term) edition is slipcased, and is still huge...

bsaenz24
11-02-2011, 09:00 PM
The onlybad thing about this book is it really is so huge that it won't fit on even my "tall" book shelves without me sacrificing another full shell above. It's a bit of a storage problem, but as they say, a nice problem to have.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Siep here. Hope you don't mind me butting in.
Yes, you'll be getting a case either way: slipcase with the regular edition, traycase (plus extras) with the signed edition. The remarque was optional.
In case you're interested:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?137-Frik51-s-Collection&p=5278&viewfull=1#post5278

sk
Wow you have this book frik? Awesome pics. That really makes me want it now! But because both are slipcased or traycased, I'm going to go for the "regular" edition when I have the cash. I'm still trying to pay on Books of Blood and He is Legend by Gauntlet that King signed. I need money!!! Anyone out there with a helping hand? Please don't make me beg.
I have a ton of books not just by King, but a lot of authors I know someone would be interested in!! I'm defintely not putting them on ebay anymore with all their damn fees. I may as well be giving them away.
BTW frik, you still have UTD signed limited for sale? Any type of trade you'd be interested in, or cash only? Hell if it's cash, the only way would be layaway and people don't like that, so I guess I wasted my time even asking lol.

peteOcha
11-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Well, you remembered about Shivers V, so you deserve some credit there Dan. :)

Dan Hocker
11-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Well, you remembered about Shivers V, so you deserve some credit there Dan. :)

Ahh but I only remembered because I saw you mention not having it in a different thread.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Yep, both editions are cased. The limited is in a huge (and that's a understatement) traycase, and comes with an extra book that only has the artwork in it (no text), and the "gift" (for lack of a better term) edition is slipcased, and is still huge...
That's even more of a reason to get the trade...not as big. I really don't have anywhere to put my books anymore. I literally have none on bookshelves...those are reserved for my couple tons of non-fiction....my collectible stuff I keep in a couple closets in 4 huge plastic boxes and all my King stuff is now so large, the spare bedroom is covered with limited editions on the bed and all kinds of other King stuff (including even more King limiteds and signed trades), are in two "sets" of chest of drawers, and I'm even running out of room there. I have to get rid of some but it's just so damn hard. I even have all kinds of art prints I bought here from CD as well as more King stuff and other signed limiteds on a big table in the basement. I even had to order a humidifier lol.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 09:40 PM
The onlybad thing about this book is it really is so huge that it won't fit on even my "tall" book shelves without me sacrificing another full shell above. It's a bit of a storage problem, but as they say, a nice problem to have.
But just do as I do...yeah, it's great to have them on shelves so everyone can see them and I hope to do that someday if I ever get out of this house, but in the meantime, you could keep your huge books like I do with my SODs volumes, under a chest of drawers. They won't fit anywhere else. I hate that, but I have no choice at this point.

jhanic
11-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I've got one of each. I have to leave the traycased edition in its shipping box because I just don't have room anywhere for it. It IS a beautifully produced volume.

John

frik51
11-03-2011, 05:15 AM
BTW frik, you still have UTD signed limited for sale? Any type of trade you'd be interested in, or cash only? Hell if it's cash, the only way would be layaway and people don't like that, so I guess I wasted my time even asking lol.

No, just the Dutch limited hardcover. As it says in my signature, numbered, not signed.
But it's in Dutch, obviously.

sk

Greenelk
11-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Ahh but I only remembered because I saw you mention not having it in a different thread.

My ears pricked up there. There's not still some copies of Shivers V in the warehouse is there? My copy (I'm sure I ordered it) has also gone walk about. The picture in my collectors thread just looks wrong without it!

Dan Hocker
11-03-2011, 02:25 PM
My ears pricked up there. There's not still some copies of Shivers V in the warehouse is there? My copy (I'm sure I ordered it) has also gone walk about. The picture in my collectors thread just looks wrong without it!

I think I have one more extra. If you're interested shoot me a email.

theenormityofitall
11-03-2011, 04:18 PM
No, just the Dutch limited hardcover. As it says in my signature, numbered, not signed.
But it's in Dutch, obviously.

sk
Oh, ok. Well, I obviously couldn't read it anyway :)

Dan Hocker
11-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Not really a collectible and most certainly not a book, but I thought it was cool and I picked it up earlier today at the Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth beach. It's a hand crafted mug.

theenormityofitall
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Not really a collectible and most certainly not a book, but I thought it was cool and I picked it up earlier today at the Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth beach. It's a hand crafted mug.

Is it signed Dan? :)

srboone
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Cheers, Dan!!! :):):):)

TerryE
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
It reminds me of the mugs and cups they do at the Renaissance Festival each year. Each year there's a different color and different styles. They look nice in the china cupboard.

Patrick
11-10-2011, 04:59 AM
I've had Dogfish Head's brews. Nice mug!

My favorite item in your collection, by far, is your grandfather's purple heart from WWII. Very personal, very cool.

Dan Hocker
01-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Well I forgot I had a $50 amazon gift card, which I just used to purchase 6 more 1st/1st of Terry Brook's stuff. Only 6 more "affordable" ones to go than I'm into the bank breaking price range. I'll post some pictures whenever they get here.

Grant Wootton
01-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Well I forgot I had a $50 amazon gift card, which I just used to purchase 6 more 1st/1st of Terry Brook's stuff. Only 6 more "affordable" ones to go than I'm into the bank breaking price range. I'll post some pictures whenever they get here.

Damn good price for 1st's Dan, look forward to seeing your posting them when they arrive :cool:

Dan Hocker
01-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Damn good price for 1st's Dan, look forward to seeing your posting them when they arrive :cool:

Yea, I thought so. But then again they are fairly recent releases (last 10 years) so well after he established himself and there wouldn't have been a shortage of 1st's.

Grant Wootton
01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Yea, I thought so. But then again they are fairly recent releases (last 10 years) so well after he established himself and there wouldn't have been a shortage of 1st's.

Even so, 1st's are a good thing (and, in 40 years, they'll be 50 years old - although what that comment has to do with the price of oatmeal in Mongolia is lost on me :)).

Hedda Gabler
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
I wish I would have ordered that Artists inspire by...book. I bet the artwork is breathtaking.

Grant Wootton
01-31-2012, 03:47 AM
I wish I would have ordered that Artists inspire by...book. I bet the artwork is breathtaking.

It is, Hedda, it is (and you don't have to visit the gym after pulling it from the shelf to have a look through - the sucker weighs a freaking ton :cool:)

TerryE
01-31-2012, 03:56 PM
It is, Hedda, it is (and you don't have to visit the gym after pulling it from the shelf to have a look through - the sucker weighs a freaking ton :cool:)

I'll have to second that!

Dan Hocker
01-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Ugg.... The last 2 books I ordered finally arrived. The one was in perfect shape and I couldn't be happier. The other one did not arrive in the "like new" condition they described it as. They also failed to mention the sticker on the DJ. Kinda pissed off and I'm returning, hopefully. On a different note, one of my other books arrived with a "less than perfect" DJ, which wasn't described in the listing, but I was willing to keep it. So I left a 3 star feedback on the purchase and they decided to refund me and let me keep the book.

Grant Wootton
01-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Grrr !!!!! :mad: That makes me mad as hell (but, I'm pleased that you've come to a resolution of sorts with the seller Dan :)).

srboone
01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Threat of a low rating does wonders for those #!@@$%#$@s! Good going, Dan! But I hope you didn't become one of those headaches that Brian has been letting know about! ;)

Dan Hocker
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Nope. Honestly the problem with the DJ wasn't that big of a deal which is why I didn't ask to return the book, and just left a 3 star rating. This other one that I posted pictures of I explained the problem and sent the pictures and they said no problem to returning it, and that the sticker was their fault, and the corners must have been damaged in shipping.

Dan Hocker
02-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Well while I'm waiting for the last book to come, I thought I'd post the complete trilogy set. This is from Terry Brook's "Voyage of the Jerel Shannara" trilogy / arc. The first book in the series is kinda cool, but given the condition it looks like the DJ ended up in, I'm not surprised that they didn't use that design on the rest of them.

The third book in the series has a protective cover over the DJ. I'm not a big fan of those covers, so I may attempt to remove it, if I think it can be done without harming the DJ.

srboone
02-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Very nice set, Dan. I have a few books with clear jacket like that (from my grandmother's collection)--they tend to get scratched easily and then show on book covers that are darker. At least the older ones (1980s) did.

Dan Hocker
02-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Very nice set, Dan. I have a few books with clear jacket like that (from my grandmother's collection)--they tend to get scratched easily and then show on book covers that are darker. At least the older ones (1980s) did.

It isn't really scratched. It's like the plastic it's made out of contracted and made it kinda "wrinkle". Kind of hard to describe. It's very cool though, and it's only partially clear, to give the allusion of fog over the artwork. Fits very well with the book.

Grant Wootton
02-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Jackets aside, nice threesome you have there there Dan :D

Dan Hocker
02-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Picked up another book shelf today to replace a much smaller one. Now my other main shelf looks really empty. Although I guess it'll start filling up once I start replaceing my place holder paperbacks with hardcovers.

srboone
02-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Very nice case, Dan. You'll just need to get more books!

bookworm 1
02-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Did you notice.Dan has the century's best already.Top shelf.A perk of working at CD.Wish I worked there instead of paying their salary's.:).Nice book case.Don't worry you will be buying another book case before long so don't worry about the empty spots.

Martin
02-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Books in the bathroom. Now that is just wrong!
Picked up another book shelf today to replace a much smaller one. Now my other main shelf looks really empty. Although I guess it'll start filling up once I start replaceing my place holder paperbacks with hardcovers.

bookworm 1
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM
You must not be an edward lee fan.We just had this talk in my collectors thread.:rolleyes:

Martin
02-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Actually I am an Edward Lee fan and did see the thread. Taking a book into the bathroom while reading is one thing but storing a book, especially Knowing Darkness in the bathroom is simply wrong!

bookworm 1
02-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Ok you win that one.:)

Dan Hocker
02-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Actually I am an Edward Lee fan and did see the thread. Taking a book into the bathroom while reading is one thing but storing a book, especially Knowing Darkness in the bathroom is simply wrong!

Lol, it's not in the bathroom... Why would I have a bookshelf in a bathroom? It's just next to the door to the bathroom.

Martin
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification to my petty observation.
Lol, it's not in the bathroom... Why would I have a bookshelf in a bathroom? It's just next to the door to the bathroom.

Grant Wootton
02-06-2012, 06:55 AM

I have a shelf of sorts in the bathroom - to store my "down time" reading material - doesn't everyone ???? :p

srboone
02-06-2012, 08:59 AM

"Up", Mr. Woot. Guys keep up-time reading material in their bathrooms.

Even Schultz, Klink, and (especially) Hogan know that.

Grant Wootton
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM

"Up", Mr. Woot. Guys keep up-time reading material in their bathrooms.

Even Schultz, Klink, and (especially) Hogan know that.

Possibly works if one is single - don't know how Connie would react to uptime material in the bathroom (actually, yes, I do know - not pretty) :p

Hedda Gabler
02-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Nicely organized according to height in groupings. Very nice.

peteOcha
02-06-2012, 09:18 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/001/582/picard-facepalm.jpg

Just felt this needed to be here... :)

srboone
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I passed that one up for Shultz, Klink, and Hogan! I first saw it on motifake.com with the caption: "Just STFU and GTFO. Your stupidity is giving me a headache!"

I also found a lot of great pics from the search "monkey facepalm."

peteOcha
02-06-2012, 09:27 PM
...I think I'll regret this...

*off to google "monkey facepalm"...

srboone
02-06-2012, 09:49 PM

theenormityofitall
02-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Wow I wish to hell I had a case like Dan's. Mine is just some enormous sorta entertainment center bought by my mom for me about 25 years ago or more. I have one really nice "case" but it's at my grandma's and since she lives with me now, I never get to see it. She like me, is from southern IL.

Dan Hocker
02-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Wow I wish to hell I had a case like Dan's. Mine is just some enormous sorta entertainment center bought by my mom for me about 25 years ago or more. I have one really nice "case" but it's at my grandma's and since she lives with me now, I never get to see it. She like me, is from southern IL.

It wasn't too terribly expensive. Just find yourself an IKEA. The glass doors actually cost more than the shelf itself.

TerryE
02-07-2012, 05:47 PM
It wasn't too terribly expensive. Just find yourself an IKEA. The glass doors actually cost more than the shelf itself.

Hey! I know that IKEA! I could almost chunk a punkin there, with one of those really good launchers.

Dan Hocker
02-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Got the last book in this set today.

srboone
02-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Outstanding, Dan! Looks great together. What's next on your to acquire list?

Dan Hocker
02-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Outstanding, Dan! Looks great together. What's next on your to acquire list?

Probably the High Druid trilogy, as it should be the cheapest. Then maybe the "Heritage of Shannara" series, as I think that might be the next cheapest. I do need to pick up his latest two books, but they haven't really been out long enough to come down in retail price, and on my budget I can't see spending full price when I already have read the ebook versions.

Dan Hocker
02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Sake set came today.

srboone
02-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Outstanding! In all this maddnes over book collecting, it's nice to know you haven't overlooked the other "necessities!":cool:

bsaenz24
02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Sake set came today.

Sake Ohmsford? I don't remember her?

srboone
02-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Shea's half-sister's brother's mistress on his father's side who was raised by the gnomes that took Panamon and Keltset captive. Try to keep up, Brad! Sheesh!

peteOcha
02-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, there's something to add to the signs of getting old thread...

Dan Hocker
02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Well my Terry Brooks collection is approaching completion for the time being. I have 7 more books on the way! Gotta love credit card reward points giving me amazon gift cards... That'll leave 6 more books to get, 4 of which are way out of my price range right now so they'll probably have to wait for a long time. I think I'll move on to converting my Robert Jordan paper backs into hardcovers next.

srboone
02-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Sounds good, Dan! Keep us updated. (I know you will;))

Dan Hocker
02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Here's another Terry Brooks Trilogy. I should have 4 more to post early next week, when the last two get here.

They all have these cool illustrated map end-papers.

bookworm 1
02-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Nice additions.love those end papers.:cool:

Hedda Gabler
02-24-2012, 10:44 PM
That is really pretty.

srboone
02-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Terrific editions, Dan! Love the colored classic Shannara map endpapers!

Grant Wootton
02-25-2012, 02:10 AM
That is really pretty.

Hedda is saying eveything's pretty lately :rolleyes: But, Dan. she's right - nice adds to the thread :cool:

Hedda Gabler
02-25-2012, 02:12 AM
I can't help it, everything is soooo pretty.

peteOcha
02-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I wish my Game of Thrones had a map like that! Good stuff Dan!

Dan Hocker
02-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Last of this set arrived today.

bookworm 1
02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice additions Dan.:cool:

srboone
02-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Looks like you got a great Brooks collection, Dan! How 'bout a group photo!:D

Dan Hocker
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Looks like you got a great Brooks collection, Dan! How 'bout a group photo!:D

I'm 4 books away from having converted all my paperbacks into hardcovers. I'll post a group shot when I've done that. 6 books from having a complete shannara set.

Dan Hocker
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Taking my PC copy of the IT Art Portfolio home today. Here are some pictures.

TerryE
03-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Lucky dog! PC copy and everything!

Dan Hocker
03-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Teriw
03-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I hate you Dan. Your First I hate you. Don't it feel great. lol

Dan Hocker
03-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Lucky dog! PC copy and everything!

Bah, you where to fast Terry. You posted before I could post the rest of the pics.

Dan Hocker
03-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I hate you Dan. Your First I hate you. Don't it feel great. lol

Don't worry Teri I hate everyone, just in a loving way (most of the time). Although after tying a very large amount of "bows" on these things today, and how sore my thumbs are, don't count me too lucky.

Teriw
03-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Well I may hate you for already having your copy of the artwork but I also LOVE you and whoever else for getting mine shipped so promtly. I thought I'd be one of the last to ship.

Dan Hocker
03-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Well I may hate you for already having your copy of the artwork but I also LOVE you and whoever else for getting mine shipped so promtly. I thought I'd be one of the last to ship.

That'd be me. We started packing too late in the day yesterday to pack the UPS ones first so we packed all the USPS ones. Since 90% of the US orders for this are UPS that meant most of the USPS orders where international customers.

Teriw
03-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Worked out for me then. You didnt secretly just listen to me when I told you to do them first didja? lol

bookworm 1
03-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Nice PC copy Dan. Enjoying the perks of working at CD.

Grant Wootton
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Very nice Dan :)

Dan Hocker
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM

Always.

srboone
03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Very nice, Dan. I just will it was a 600 limited set (so my 583 could have a matching #).

Teriw
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Wish? Mr. Boone? otherwise your not making any sense. lol

srboone
03-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Trying to use the Jedi mInd trick and Will Dan to run off another 100 copies of the Portfolio. You broke my concentration....

Teriw
03-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Well I can't have you doing that. The higher the print run the less my copy is worth down the road :P

srboone
03-29-2012, 10:46 PM
:p

Teriw
03-29-2012, 10:48 PM
apparently if you use a capital p the stupid :p face doesn't show up

bookworm 1
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
That seems PSTUPID.:p

srboone
03-30-2012, 04:36 PM
No...it's stooPid. Or maybe STOOpID!

RJK1981
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Those are great perks too. I wish I could work for CD, lol, though that'd be difficult since I live in MN and do not have arms and legs that are that stretchy, lol

Dan Hocker
04-18-2012, 11:23 PM
I haven't posted anything in awhile so I thought I'd post some stuff. Most of it is CD stuff, except one which you'll see. I'll start with my copy of The Doll and Horror Hall of Fame:

Dan Hocker
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Next up is my copy of The Strain

Dan Hocker
04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Next is my copy of The Mailman

Dan Hocker
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
And last but not least, my Artist Edition copy of The Wind Through The Keyhole

srboone
04-18-2012, 11:42 PM
I guess you don't have to worry about getting shipping notices from CD, Dan. ;) The Mailman looks great! All these do!

Dan Hocker
04-18-2012, 11:47 PM
I think Dave got the last of the orders for The Mailman packed up today. I'll have the USPS pick them up tomorrow.

TerryE
04-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Nice to see the editions, Dan. Are you sure I can't do some volunteer work up there? Well... volunteer, but with benefits?

bookworm 1
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Nice stuff Dan.The mailman looks really great as does the artist edition of TWTTK.I still am on the fence with that one to.

Teriw
04-19-2012, 12:59 AM
If u meant twttk artist edition I'd jump off that fence and order it. I love it!

srboone
04-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Remember, if Teri loves it (I knew she would), it's got to be good!

Dan Hocker
04-19-2012, 02:57 AM
I didn't really have a fence to be on, as Brian handed me a copy today and said it was mine. I didn't question him.... lol

srboone
04-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Which one? The Mailman?

Teriw
04-19-2012, 03:20 AM
I assumed he meant TWTTK but could go either way but I would assume he woulda known he'd get a copy of The Mailman.

Dan Hocker
04-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Twttk

Teriw
04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Ha, I was right. Teri 1 Squire 0.

Grant Wootton
04-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Excellent adds Mr Hocker (great to have you back posting on your thread too :cool:)

frik51
04-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Very nice indeed, Dan!

sk

peteOcha
04-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Love the new additions Dan!! Especially The Strain, Mailman, and of course the new DT book!

Hey Brian, can you hand me some books as well?:D

bookworm 1
04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Brian you can hand me a copy if you want.You want right?
I didn't really have a fence to be on, as Brian handed me a copy today and said it was mine. I didn't question him.... lol

peteOcha
04-20-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.vjbooks.com/Terry-Brooks-Indomitable-Special-Edition-p/broindo01-ltd.htm

Just in case you were interested. They have a few more signed books from Brooks as well.

Dan Hocker
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
http://www.vjbooks.com/Terry-Brooks-Indomitable-Special-Edition-p/broindo01-ltd.htm

Just in case you were interested. They have a few more signed books from Brooks as well.

I think I knew sub press was bringing that one out. I might pick it up eventually, the story was originally in Legends II (I think).

bookworm 1
04-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Pete there you go again.Getting other people to spend money.Now Stop it!!:o

Dan Hocker
04-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Truthfully I probably won't get it. Maybe I'll con Brian into trading something with Sub Press for PC copy or something.

bookworm 1
04-21-2012, 10:11 PM
More and more I want your job.;)

peteOcha
04-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't we all!:D

Dan Hocker
04-22-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm positive most of you make more money than I do, so be careful what you wish for.... lol

jester05jk
04-22-2012, 02:46 AM
But it balances out if we don't give a good part of said income to CD... and other such publishers.

Dan Hocker
04-22-2012, 02:51 AM
I think that would depend on how much you spend a year on books... lol. Granted most of the stuff I get from working at CD I'd never actually buy on my own. Most things I bring home, I get them because I think they're cool books, I'm not really into horror enough to actually spend that money if I had to.

srboone
04-22-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm positive most of you make more money than I do, so be careful what you wish for.... lol

I've had high paying jobs before that made me miserable, Dan. I gave them all up for something for one that makes me happy!

bookworm 1
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
If we had your job we would not need as much money because we could just beg Brian to get us a copy of the books we wanted.:o

Dan Hocker
04-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I've had high paying jobs before that made me miserable, Dan. I gave them all up for something for one that makes me happy!

Why do you think I work at CD. It doesn't neccesarily make me happy, but it doesn't make me want bring a gun to work like most of my previous jobs did. That and it's generally a super low stress environment (for me at least).

bookworm 1
04-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Your not happy at CD.:confused:
Why do you think I work at CD. It doesn't neccesarily make me happy, but it doesn't make me want bring a gun to work like most of my previous jobs did. That and it's generally a super low stress environment (for me at least).

Teriw
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Thats not what he said but I sure do know what he means. My job is great! Doesn't mean I am happy...I still have to work and its not fun work even though its easy and sometimes almost non-existant like today. lol. HATE working sundays because it is so dead.

Joe315
04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I take what he said as CD isn't his ideal or dream job. Doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy working there but would rather be at his dream job, like anybody else would be.

Dan Hocker
04-23-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm pretty positive my ideal dream job is retirement..... lol. Although honestly I don't know what I'd do with all the free time, unless I had a very large amount of money.

Teriw
04-23-2012, 01:15 AM
I agree with you there Dan. Can't stand working but If I didnt I don't know what i'd do. No choice in the matter anyway I suppose

Joe315
04-23-2012, 01:35 AM
My plan is to win the lottery so I can retire and do nothing.

Dan Hocker
04-23-2012, 01:49 AM
My plan is to win the lottery so I can retire and do nothing.

That's my plan as well, except there's one major flaw in that plan. I know I'm more likely to be hit by lightning that I am to win the lottery, so I don't waste my money.... lol

peteOcha
04-23-2012, 10:49 AM
That's my plan as well, except there's one major flaw in that plan. I know I'm more likely to be hit by lightning that I am to win the lottery, so I don't waste my money.... lol

Yup, had a few tries at the lottery and didn't win. :( But I did get struck by lightning! :) Guess that means I should go back to the lottery?

srboone
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
No, Pete, I think it means that you've used up the one victory you're allowed on a one in 1,000,000+ chance of success. The lottery is out for you I'm afraid. You should stick with GETTING A SECOND CAMERA!

Grant Wootton
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
What the man in the rabbit suit said Peter, can't argue with the rabbit !!!! ;)

Teriw
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Post them now or ill take back all my hate!

Teriw
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
WTF I wrote that in all caps and it took them away

Dan Hocker
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
WTF I wrote that in all caps and it took them away

Yea the board does that. It's a setting I can turn off if I wanted to, but does help prevent people typing in all caps out of true malice.

Grant Wootton
04-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Poor capless Teri - all that malice bottled up inside, bubbling away like a witches brew, and unable to properly to convey it to poor ol' Peter so that he'll sit up, take notice of you and post pictures (and stuff) - hope you don't explode, or summfink, mate - be nasty to clean that mess off'n the keyboard and computer screen, prolly be needing a firehose and a spatula for that puppy, I'm thinking ;)

peteOcha
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, i figure that can of air that I have to get the dust off my computer wouldn't suffice for that mess!

Dan Hocker
04-24-2012, 06:38 PM
So I'm probably moving here in about 2 months. So I'm thinking I may re catalog my entire collection with individual pictures as I pack everything up. Then I may just scrap this thread and start a new one with the better pictures.

Teriw
04-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Cataloging a whole collection is always a fantastic idea.

peteOcha
04-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Or just make a new thread and call it "Dan Hocker's Collection 2.0" :)

Grant Wootton
04-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a great idea Dan !!!!! :cool:

Martin
04-25-2012, 02:45 AM
What he sadi!
Sounds like a great idea Dan !!!!! :cool:

bookworm 1
04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Dito minus the i at the end.:o
What he sadi!

Teriw
04-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Dito minus the i at the end.:o

So...."What he sad" ??

Dan Hocker
05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Well I'll be adding 27 more Hellboy / B.R.P.D. comics to my collection here soon. I broke down and bought a whole bunch of the single comics that I didn't have already, since TFAW was having a "Mega Sale" this month for "Free Comic Book Day" Most of the issues I purchased where something like 70% off. Averaging about $0.89 an issue.

peteOcha
05-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Awesome Dan, can't wait for the pics! And that is a really good price average.

Dan Hocker
05-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Awesome Dan, can't wait for the pics! And that is a really good price average.

Yea that's why I couldn't pass it up. Though I did resist the Hardcover Hellboy Vol 4 collection. I'll pick up a nick and dent one of those later, or hope Brian gets one in the sample stuff he gets from Dark Horse one of these times.

On a side note I have a handful of things to post later tonight. I'll try and remember to take the pictures after work.

Martin
05-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I may have to stop into a TFAW store this week and see if they are having big sales in the stores as well!
Well I'll be adding 27 more Hellboy / B.R.P.D. comics to my collection here soon. I broke down and bought a whole bunch of the single comics that I didn't have already, since TFAW was having a "Mega Sale" this month for "Free Comic Book Day" Most of the issues I purchased where something like 70% off. Averaging about $0.89 an issue.

Dan Hocker
05-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I may have to stop into a TFAW store this week and see if they are having big sales in the stores as well!

I think they are. I also think the sale runs through the end of the month.

Martin
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Cool, I will try to get into a store later this week. See if anything jumps out at me.
I think they are. I also think the sale runs through the end of the month.

bookworm 1
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Can't wait to see what you got.Our store had a spin the wheel deal and I got 40% off my purchase.I picked up arkham asylum and from hell.My daughter picked up a few archie comics.I do not know how she has not gotten a double as she has 2 1/2 long boxes full.I will be posting the 2 books along with other stuff sometime soon.

peteOcha
05-07-2012, 10:28 PM
They have some tempting goodies on their site... But I was strong and managed to close my 300 tabs of potential purchases before adding them all into the cart... this time. ;)

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:38 AM
First up is the Deluxe Hardcover of Indomitable by Terry Brooks:

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:38 AM

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:40 AM
US and UK Trade Hardcovers of The Wind Through The Keyhole:

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:42 AM
UK Limited with the Facsimile Signature of TWTTK

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Killing Ghost Limited PC

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:43 AM
The Dropper Limited PC

Dan Hocker
05-08-2012, 03:45 AM
I really need to figure out why it's been changing the size of my pictures lately.

Grant Wootton
05-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Very cool additions Dan (picture size nonwithstanding) :cool:

peteOcha
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Great adds Dan!

bookworm 1
05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Great additions Dan.:cool:

srboone
05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Ah, the perks, the perks. Awesome editions, Dan. Hope you figure out a solution to your size problems!;)

Teriw
05-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Your collection is growing quickly now dan, with stuff I didn't think you'd want! You can send me that Trade US TWTTK though. I'm too cheap to spend $17 on it at walmart. lol. Got the Artist and UK, no US trade and no specials...the specials I just plain can't afford though. I Don't know why I want multiple copies of the same book all of a sudden. I blame Grant!

Dan Hocker
05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
With the CD stuff, if I'm allowed to have a copy I usually only take what I think either looks cool or is interesting. With the King stuff, I am a Dark Tower fan, even though I haven't gotten around to reading TWTTK yet. I have a decent sized collection to be honest. I don't think I've actually posted everything, I'll probably do that after I move, and I catalog the collection.

Dan Hocker
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Comics are here. I snapped some pictures with my work camera real quick, figured they'd probably turn out better than taking them with my phone later tonight.

Dan Hocker
05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
B.R.P.D.: The Dead Remembered 1-3