Sick Chick Flicks by John Skipp

This is the discussion thread for Sick Chick Flicks by John Skipp

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to view this announcement
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Are these three novellas . . . or are they presented in a (yuk) screenplay format?

Thanks, Jan
    Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post
      Are these three novellas . . . or are they presented in a (yuk) screenplay format?

Thanks, Jan
      Correct, they are three scripts.
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

This one is soooo tempting (I don't mind reading screenplays); I wish it was a s/l HC...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Really? this one didn't even tempt me, as many CD books do (king or not). Gave in to Pure but thats it so far..other than grab bags. The cover even turned me off. feels YA genre-ey to me. Yes I said Genre-ey, and made up my own spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            Really? this one didn't even tempt me, as many CD books do (king or not). Gave in to Pure but thats it so far..other than grab bags. The cover even turned me off. feels YA genre-ey to me. Yes I said Genre-ey, and made up my own spelling
            Just an FYI I'm pretty sure this one is anything buy YA "genre-ey".
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

No doubt, but the cover makes it look that way.

Comment

I have never been to high on John Skipp.I liked The Long Last Call but did not like the other story in the book.Did not care for Jakes Wake or The Bridge either.I am passing on this for now.I don't mind reading screan plays at all.I find them to be interesting.

Comment

I liked old Skipp & Spector books, so I'll try this one. I'm not into the screenplay format either, but what the heck, at this price it's no big deal if I end up not liking it.

Comment

I've only read one Skipp book, The Day after Tomorrow, and it was pretty decent.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Got my shipping notice for this one today.I was on the fence for a long time but finally gave in and bought it.

Comment

Broke down and ordered it with one of the ERC coupons. Better than a 50% discount when ordered by itself!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I've only read the first of the three screenplays, but I'm already in awe of John Skipp. I know that any movie made of this story is not going to be the same as the screenplay I just read, but I'd really like to see it. Anyway, if you've got this sitting on your shelf at home or you're looking at the page on CD's website and thinking: "A book of screenplays? Really?", give this anthology a chance. The screenplays are "reading" copies, not jargon-filled "pre-production" copies, so they are readily accessible. Even so, CU stands for "Close Up," ECU stands for "Extreme Close Up," MOS stands for "Motor Only Shot" (a shot without audio).
                          Last edited by srboone; 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice review. I have this sitting on my shelf. I plan to start this later in the year if all goes as planned.

Comment

It's still sitting on my shelf too. I'll get to it eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X