Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition)

So... is anyone getting this?

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six Movie Collector's Set)

* Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
    * Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
    * Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
    * Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
    * The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
    * Iron Man (Blu-ray)
    * Bonus Disc – “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
    * Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Click on the promo artwork below to read more at Amazon, although I understand that there's a lot more information to be revealed this summer?

Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Out of my price range, but kinda cool.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Well now I know what I want for Christmas.I best start being extra extra nice.

Comment

I've got these movies indivudually, so I'd probably just get The Avengers and call it good.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Looks like an amazing set, but I'd only be interested in the movies, not the extras. When I was into laserdiscs, I loved those special editions, with loads and loads of extras (I'm still in awe, for instance, of the Star Wars box, or The Terminator 2 set) but there are just too many of these nowadays. And most of the extras are pure fluff. I have made an exception to the rule: the Lord of the Rings set. I've watched all of the extras, listened to all of the commentaries and still no LotR overload!

sk
          Last edited by frik51; 06-06-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Siep's right. Every movie has load and loads of extras; I also used to watch/listen to them on laserdisc, when just a handful of movies had them. Now every film has them and most aren't worth the toruble to watch or listen too. The individual movies are fine for me. When I first started buying movies, all I wanted was the trailer--if that wasn't on there, I didn't buy it. And for a long time Disney didn't put trailers on their discs--finally they started and my Disney collection grew. Now that my fascination with "extras" is gone, I'm back to just wanting the trailer on a disc.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              And for a long time Disney didn't put trailers on their discs--finally they started and my Disney collection grew. Now that my fascination with "extras" is gone, I'm back to just wanting the trailer on a disc.
              Yeah, I never quite understood the point of not including the trailer...
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Well looks like I know what Masons getting for Christmas, if he expresses interest and he very well may. Maybe not though cuz he hated Iron Man. He doesn't have ANY of these movies and likes the rest though.

Comment

I think my favorite Special Edition was the laserdisc (and later my first DVD) of The Abyss. A friend made me a VHS tape of the laserdisc with the extended version (even better than the theatrical version). But the best stuff was the making-of features, seeing the immense amount of work Cameron, and the cast and crew, went through to bring the film to the screen. They couldn't get the water tank dark enough, and covering it with a tarp would put everyone's life in danger, so they filled the tank with small black plastic pellets, etc.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Agreed, Terry. That's an awesome disc. They don't make 'em like that any more - except for a handful of directors that really care.
                    (I'm not talking about the movie, but about the extras)

sk

Comment

I might get this. I don't have any of them on Blu Ray and just Iron Man 1 & 2 on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                      X