Snow White and The Huntsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow White and The Huntsman

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth but I want to see a Snow White movie! Is it just me or does this look really cool? Kristen Stewart aside(sorry, she can be great with her indie films but I just can't get past the Twilight stigma) Charlize Theron looks to be perfect in this role. If anybody sees this please share your thoughts!

My review from another thread Lori.

Snow White and the Huntsman. Revisionist fairy tale with stunningly beautiful visuals and an outstanding castle seige finale. Chris Hemsworth is quite good as Huntsman and proves that he's got leading man chops, but Kristen Stewart is her usual bland and uninteresting self and Charlize Theron is exceptionally disappointing as Ravenna, the wicked stepmother queen--Julia Roberts wins the wicked queen battle of 2012 Snow White movies . (To be fair, the characters of Snow White and the Queen are poorly developed while Huntsman is better written.) Then there's the dwarves played with gusto by a band of fine english actors including Ray Winston, Ian McShane, Nick Frost, Bob Hoskins and the great Toby Jones. They keep the film lively when it lulls. I think there's a great film in this subject matter, but this isn't it. Still, it's a winner.

4/5
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'll definitely see this one!

sk

Comment

I thought this looked horrible personally. If nothing else opens it may be this next tuesday for movie night. So few good movies this summer, its crazy. Usually we have to choose between two we want to see knowing one of them will be gone next one. This year we are picking movies we don't really care if we see or not.

Comment

I saw it. It wasn't terrible, wasn't the best movie ever, but I'd probably watch it again on dvd.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            So few good movies this summer, its crazy. This year we are picking movies we don't really care if we see or not.
            Is Prometheus one of these movies?
            can't wait to hear your thoughts on that one.

sk

Comment

yea, its one of the ones I dont care if I see it or not. the whole plot doesn't interest me. It's likely what we will see this week or next. or...well... next week or the next rather since this tuesday has already passed.

Comment

Working...
              X