Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Finished Dances with Dragons!! Hurrah for Me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Finished Dances with Dragons!! Hurrah for Me???

After re-reading books 1-4, and yes I will admit, getting pissed off all over again about the horrible, horrible way that Feast for Crows ended. A complete travesty. And I know Neil Gaiman felt the need to remind us that Martin is not our Bitch, but after closing with basically, see you next year, oh wait I mean Six years later, well pardon the hell out of me if I’m a little friggin irritated. Those years were not wasted, I found lots of other authors to satisfy my fantasy fix; Joe Abercrombie, Fantastic, Peter Brett, Great, Michael Sullivan, Great Again, Scott Lynch, Again Great, but what the hell is going on with his book, Patrick Rothfuss, First Book Rockin crazy good, second book, almost, almost as good, anyway the time was not wasted. And I really harbor no ill will towards martin.
    Now, was the wait worth it? Yeah, probably, maybe. I liked the book. Nowhere near as much as I loved the first three books, A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords. Feast For Crows was a bit of a let down, Dance with Dragons definitely rebounds from that, but doesn’t match the first three at all. I enjoyed the book, I’m glad to see the series moving along, abet at a glaciers pace, but moving. And I hope I live to finish the entire series.
    MDH

Still on my TBR pile this one is.

I'll probably wait a bit to see if there's any news on how he is doing with book 6. I hope it won't take until 2018 for him to get the next book out. 2014 (Q1) would be a year that I would find acceptable.

Comment

I agree that the first three in the series were terrific...and that A Feast For Crows was very disappointing (snoozefest). A Dance With Dragons didn't have me craving anymore from this series for awhile - having put the book down for a few months and finally pushing myself to finish the last quarter recently.

Winter isn't coming fast enough for this reader.
      Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
      http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Working...
      X