are you in Miami ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you in Miami ?

Sorry for the completely OT post. I'm looking for a kind guy/girl in Miami who could check for me if a business is still open or not. I tried to contact them without luck and I'm very worried. If you can help, please PM me

thanks a lot !

ok, they closed the business (or at least that's what's on their web page).
    Because of them my S/l IT 25th anniversary + CDC calendar + TWTTK AE + DTVII slipcase + a DJ for riding the bullet + a t-shirt are gone for good, seized by the UK border agency ... Now my only (tiny, almost non-existent) hope (tm) is to get something usefult from the EU for all the taxes I've paid... Oh how I wish I could hire Mr. Linoge...

:'(

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but why would your orders be held by the UK Border agency? Just because the business closed you can't get your stuff?

Comment

the business offered all inclusive shipping fees (shipping + taxes+custom paperworks). it seems that they destroyed the original invoices, replaced them with fakes and tried to evade import duties by declaring lower values on goods. They was on business for about 10 years and the only two flights that were seized was my two...
        They deserve to burn in hell...

ps: and all of that because I tried to avoid the wait (not the duties, on books it's 4% now) in italian customs that keeps shipments for a month to inspect them...

Comment

That sucks. Is there a fee you could pay to get them or are you out of luck?

And that seems like a really strict customs policy in Italy. A month just to make sure your not shipping anything illegal? Seems overkill.
          Last edited by Joe315; 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

they shipped the packages without the address label (that was applied just before shipping from Italy) so all the goods results as if they were for their italian affiliate. And I don't know the entry ID which would allow the customs agency to tell me why it's held and how to proceed. I'll be more than happy to pay a fine to get my books (import vat for books in uk is 0%...) but it seems I'll not be able to do anything (except for bribeing a customs (lady!) officer with my gorgeous (!!!) body... (kidding!)

Comment

Thats an interesting business practice they have/had. Too bad there's no way of getting your money back.

Comment

and that's why we italians are famous in the world...

Comment

That really sucks! Don't give up, maybe there is something you can still do...

Comment

Working...
                  X