e-readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-readers

If you have one, what do you use, and what do you think of it?

I got the Nook Simple Touch for Christmas. Two complaints: the background ("page") is much duller than the photos on the B&N website, which makes it look almost white. In reality, it looks like a bowl of oatmeal. And I wish there was a feature to delete items directly on the unit itself; instead, you have to "synchronize" with your B&N Nook account; I'm no dummy or Luddite but it seems like a complicated way to do something so simple. I don't have wi-fi at home so I end up going to the library, but every time I want to delete something I end up scratching my head and going around in circles.

At home, I use Adobe Reader edition to download books, so no problem there; I just connect my Nook and drag the books into it. For me, the Nook for PC program is pretty annoying too. It's easy to put books on, not so easy to take them off, unless I'm missing something.

And now I see that next month they're coming out with a back-lit Simple Touch. It would be nice if they had a trade-in program.

EDIT: Today I installed an update, and I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but the background seems a bit brighter now. Of course, I had my eyes dilated this afternoon, so maybe I'm imagining it.
    Last edited by Xiabei; 05-03-2012, 01:42 AM. Reason: update

I have an android tablet that I use. The original galaxy tab to be exact, and I use the Kindle app for it. I like it a lot as I much prefer the amazon store to the Barnes and Nobel store.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I don't really read many eBooks since I prefer physical books, but I do a little reading with the Kindle app on my Droid Incredible. I have the B&N app as well but don't use it typically as you have to connect to your account every time I think in order to read anything. I can read on my Kindle App whenever I want, with or without reception. I can't get new books or sync with no connection though obviously
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Have a Kindle PC app filling up with ebooks I'll I never read because of the format....
        Last edited by srboone; 04-13-2012, 04:27 PM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have an iPad but I have considered getting a kindle do its more comfortable reading outside.

Comment

I also have a Kindle app on my phone, but only use it when there's no other reading material around. If I used a reader at all, I would want it to be the size of a standard hardback book. I've always loved amazon, so I support them. The app works great, and the few things I've ordered have mostly been done on my PC through the regular website, which I like.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I mostly use the Kindle app on the iPad. I sometimes use my wife's Kindle, or the cloud reader on my PC, and I've even used the Kindle app on my phone for when I'm stuck in boring classes. I find the Kindle easy to use. I've never trie the Nook.

Comment

Everyone already knows I love my Sony Ereader thats filled with 72 king book/items and Seriously, I'm Kidding by Ellen...I think that one feels out of place.

Comment

I've also found that I don't really like to buy books for it. If I like an author enough to buy something, I want the physical copy. A friend of mine sent me a gift card and said "Buy a bunch of books for your Nook", but I got real books instead.

But if I download good books from the library, I'll add them to the "buy a real book" list.

Comment

If you've bought the physical copy you've already supported the author...in these cases I find it better to go AROUND paying for the ebook. Shouldn't have to pay for both when the digital is physically nothing. IMO.

Comment

Kindle app on the ipad and on the phone. But don't really use them as I always have a paperback with me.

Comment

The Amazon Kindle DX is the one for me - it's got a large screen, it's light weight, it's equipped with both Wi-Fi and 3G, so downloading is never a problem, the battery lasts for ages and, best of all, like me, it's simple to operate

Comment

Yea yours has 3G, but is it red? NO! so Sony is better. lol

Comment

Hmmmm...

Teri 1
                            Mr. Woot Zip...el zilcho!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

<sigh> okay Teri, you win

KINDLE .jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X