Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing for GRRM and Steven Erikson limited

Hey all,

I am considering selling the 1st 2 Malazan books from Subterranean and the 3 (when Dance is released) ICe and Fire limiteds from Subterranean. Does anyone have an idea what they are worth? I haven't seen either set for sale much. Also, what do peeple think the Meisha Merlin editions of Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings are worth?

Thanks,

Brad

I don't have an answer for you since I don't own them, but I would look at sites like abebooks.com or ebay to see what others are selling them for. The prices on the high end usually aren't what they are worth, just the seller hoping for a big pay day.

For example, I own a limited copy of the Passage published in the UK that sells for minimum $400 on abebooks and at the high end $600. There is nothing to differentiate any of these books except the price the seller wants for it. If I were to sell my copy I would probably price it at close to $400 hoping that a potential buyer would go for the lowest priced item. As a comparison someone is selling a Waterstones limited edition of the passage for $450. This is one of 5000, whereas the limited I have is one of 250 with a slipcase. This seller is clearly hoping for a big day and is in no rush to sell this copy.
    Last edited by Joe315; 04-04-2012, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Brad,

Do let us know when you've got them on eBay. If that's where you're going to sell the books.

sk

Comment

Not sure about the Erikson's and of course prices change etc, But online I've seen the GRRM's going for between $1,800.00 and 5,000.00. I think someone has a set listed on ABE for $10,000.00. Good luck and I hope You get what you need out of them. It's not always easy selling treasures.
        MDH

Comment

I had seen the original Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones go for around 1800 when it was thought to be the only one there would ever be. Now that Subterranean is going to do a new limited edition of Game and Clash, I can't see them going to anything close to that.

Comment

Bonus question. I am also considering selling a few of my CD books as my library continues to out-grow the house!! Anyway, what do you all think would be better:

Selling larger bundles of a single author? Or selling each title individually? I was thing of selling my Ed Lee, Jack Ketchum and Doug Clegg books. I know at least one of the Ed Lee was only available through purchasing something else. Would it be better to sell that on its own? Or just lump it in the all of the other Ed Lee books? Should I lump the couple of Infernal books together to make it easier for someone who missed out on that set?

Comment

As a buyer, I would be more interested in individual titles.

sk

Comment

Single sales might work better. One suggestion, don't sell to dealers, you'll probably get pennies on the dollar.
                MDH

Comment

I would be interested in Storm of Swords, if you are going to break a set.
                  -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                  gamertag : calason

Comment

I would even trade if there is anything you are looking for that I have.
                    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                    gamertag : calason

Comment

Thanks calason, but if I sell the Erikson and GRRM books, I would only sell them as a set. I would never make the same money with individual titles on those.

Comment

I would sell the books that were not for resale individually.The others you might bundle.It depends are you asking a set price or auctioning them.One good thing with e-bay is if you auction you can set a reserve so if you do not get what you want you do not have to part with them.I might be interested in some of your Lees or Ketchums to fill in holes in my collection.You do have some options though.Think it over and maybe try the e-bay reserve.i do not think they charge you if an item does not sell.

Comment

oops ment not for sale or special offer books.Like the Ed Lee book from book club 2 and the Clegg book from that club also.Both are great books.

Comment

bookworm, if you'd like to PM me what you're looking for, maybe we we work out a deal before I list them all.

I have:

All CD Ed lee titles except for Operator B ad Deaths of the Cold War King
                            All CD Jck Ketchum titles except for Right to Life and The Lost

Comment

Well, you could try selling them on here first and offer a mix of bundles and individual titles.

Although, like Siep said, as a buyer I would be more interested in individual titles. Although a bundle might be enticing if it were to be a bit cheaper than individual purchases.

But it all really depends on what the customer is after...

But good luck Brad!

Comment

Working...
                              X