PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for GRRM and Steven Erikson limited

bsaenz24
04-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey all,

I am considering selling the 1st 2 Malazan books from Subterranean and the 3 (when Dance is released) ICe and Fire limiteds from Subterranean. Does anyone have an idea what they are worth? I haven't seen either set for sale much. Also, what do peeple think the Meisha Merlin editions of Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings are worth?

Thanks,

Brad

Joe315
04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I don't have an answer for you since I don't own them, but I would look at sites like abebooks.com or ebay to see what others are selling them for. The prices on the high end usually aren't what they are worth, just the seller hoping for a big pay day.

For example, I own a limited copy of the Passage published in the UK that sells for minimum $400 on abebooks and at the high end $600. There is nothing to differentiate any of these books except the price the seller wants for it. If I were to sell my copy I would probably price it at close to $400 hoping that a potential buyer would go for the lowest priced item. As a comparison someone is selling a Waterstones limited edition of the passage for $450. This is one of 5000, whereas the limited I have is one of 250 with a slipcase. This seller is clearly hoping for a big day and is in no rush to sell this copy.

frik51
04-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Hi Brad,

Do let us know when you've got them on eBay. If that's where you're going to sell the books.

sk

mhatchett
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Not sure about the Erikson's and of course prices change etc, But online I've seen the GRRM's going for between $1,800.00 and 5,000.00. I think someone has a set listed on ABE for $10,000.00. Good luck and I hope You get what you need out of them. It's not always easy selling treasures.
MDH

bsaenz24
04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I had seen the original Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones go for around 1800 when it was thought to be the only one there would ever be. Now that Subterranean is going to do a new limited edition of Game and Clash, I can't see them going to anything close to that.

bsaenz24
04-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Bonus question. I am also considering selling a few of my CD books as my library continues to out-grow the house!! Anyway, what do you all think would be better:

Selling larger bundles of a single author? Or selling each title individually? I was thing of selling my Ed Lee, Jack Ketchum and Doug Clegg books. I know at least one of the Ed Lee was only available through purchasing something else. Would it be better to sell that on its own? Or just lump it in the all of the other Ed Lee books? Should I lump the couple of Infernal books together to make it easier for someone who missed out on that set?

frik51
04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
As a buyer, I would be more interested in individual titles.

sk

mhatchett
04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Single sales might work better. One suggestion, don't sell to dealers, you'll probably get pennies on the dollar.
MDH

calason
04-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I would be interested in Storm of Swords, if you are going to break a set.

calason
04-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I would even trade if there is anything you are looking for that I have.

bsaenz24
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks calason, but if I sell the Erikson and GRRM books, I would only sell them as a set. I would never make the same money with individual titles on those.

bookworm 1
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I would sell the books that were not for resale individually.The others you might bundle.It depends are you asking a set price or auctioning them.One good thing with e-bay is if you auction you can set a reserve so if you do not get what you want you do not have to part with them.I might be interested in some of your Lees or Ketchums to fill in holes in my collection.You do have some options though.Think it over and maybe try the e-bay reserve.i do not think they charge you if an item does not sell.

bookworm 1
04-04-2012, 06:38 PM
oops ment not for sale or special offer books.Like the Ed Lee book from book club 2 and the Clegg book from that club also.Both are great books.

bsaenz24
04-04-2012, 06:47 PM
bookworm, if you'd like to PM me what you're looking for, maybe we we work out a deal before I list them all.

I have:

All CD Ed lee titles except for Operator B ad Deaths of the Cold War King
All CD Jck Ketchum titles except for Right to Life and The Lost

peteOcha
04-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Well, you could try selling them on here first and offer a mix of bundles and individual titles.

Although, like Siep said, as a buyer I would be more interested in individual titles. Although a bundle might be enticing if it were to be a bit cheaper than individual purchases.

But it all really depends on what the customer is after...

But good luck Brad!

RJK1981
04-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I typically look for individual titles. At some point I am interested in getting the first 2 Infernal books myself (have House Infernal). Want some of the Clegg books I am lacking as well, especially Isis and Machinery of Night (and Purity of course, but that one is pretty pricey every time I've seen it listed somewhere). Not able to purchase these at the moment as I don't think my wife would appreciate it and I have my eyes on a couple other things right now anyway

bsaenz24
05-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Wow!!! George Martin listed the Ebay ids for two different sets of the first 4 signed limited of the Ice and Fire books. Each set was the 2 from Meisha Merlin and the 2 from Subterranean Press. The first set sold for $3,500 and the second for $4,500!! Ouch!!

Plus I saw on the Canadian Ebay site that the first Erikson book alone went for just over $400.

frik51
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
That 's the one I was after, but the seller didn't want to ship to Europe. I can never figure out why that would be.

sk

vvkkpp
07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
please dont break the set, i would be very interested in the grrm i will private message you

bsaenz24
07-06-2012, 04:34 PM
vvkkpp,

I wanted to sell them, but my wife said it would be much smarter to at least wait for the reissues of Game and Clash from SubPress, so that's the current plan.

vvkkpp
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
cool cool man, i def. dont blame you. i am going to continue my quest but when and if you do sell them if i havnt gotten a set yet i will still be interested. wish you all the best.

frik51
07-07-2012, 10:35 AM
the reissues of Game and Clash from SubPress

Re-issues??? Do you know when??

sk

bsaenz24
07-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Re-issues??? Do you know when??

sk

Not sure when. They were mentioned either at the beginning of 2012 or later 2011. They are doing them to fit in size-wise with the other SubPress GRRM Ice and Fire books which are a different size from the orginal Meisha Merlin editions of Game and Clash.

frik51
07-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I think I'd prefer to own the originals, but a re-issue sounds just fine.
Thanks for the info!

sk

bsaenz24
07-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I think I'd prefer to own the originals, but a re-issue sounds just fine.
Thanks for the info!

sk

Since I have the originals too, I guess I don't care one way or the other. At first I thought it was dumb to redo them, but of course it will be nice to have a matched set sizewise. Of course, the art in the Meisha Merlin was MUCH better than that in either of the Sub Press editions. I am hoping the art for Dance is an improvement.

calason
08-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Are you still thinking of selling these? I have an s/l Green Mile, low number if that would sweeten the deal a little, maybe.

Chris

bsaenz24
08-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Chris, I think I've going to wait at least for the Game and Clash reissues.

frik51
08-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Because...??? :)

sk

calason
08-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Chris, I think I've going to wait at least for the Game and Clash reissues.

I would, too. Couldn't hurt to ask.