Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please allow me to introduce myself...

("Sympathy For The Devil" just seemed appropriate at a place like CD's new forum.)

As long as we're all going to be here discussing Cemetery Dance's fine products and other topics, let's take a moment to introduce ourselves.

Ummm... Guess I should go first then. Right.

Hi, as you may have deduced from my screenname, my name is Patrick. Born and raised in California and still living here in my mid-40's. I'm part owner of TheDarkTower.org and when I'm online, that's generally where I can be found. I've been collecting books since 2004, which I think still ranks me as a relative newbie in the collecting world.

I collect limited edition books, primarily from authors Stephen King, Joe Hill, Neil Gaiman and Kurt Vonnegut. To a much lesser extent I also collect limited edition books by other authors such as Ray Bradbury, Dan Simmons and Justin Cronin.

I've been a fan of Cemetery Dance since I bought my first CD signed/limited edition on eBay after the book was out of print: FROM A BUICK 8. Both Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads put out consistently high quality products. I enjoy the thought and creativity put into their limited editions, BLOCKADE BILLY and RIDING THE BULLET being two recent examples.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

- Patrick

Ok, who's next?

I diffidently like this thread. I was hoping someone would start one up.

My name is Dan (duh?) and I've only been working at CD since August, but have known about CD since Brian started working here years ago. I'm not a huge collector, although I am starting a bit. Also I know it's a bit weird given where I work, but I'm not really all that into this genre of book. Robert Jordan, may he rest in piece, has been one of my favorite authors for years, and I just generally love the fantasy genre. I love working at CD, and all the experience's I get to have here. Like working on these forums, helping with the new web site, and coming up with some pretty cool idea's, some of which hopefully I'll get to show / share with you guys through this forum here soon. It's great meeting you all, and I hope you enjoy these forums, I've put a lot of work into them, and will continue to make them.

-Dan
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hello, my name is Robert, but I get called "Ant" a lot on the forums due to my user name (I am an Adam Ant fan). I had a column in the CD newsletter called "The Horror Enthusiast" (which was named by the talented Norman Prentiss), and I currently do some other projects for CD (whatever they dump on me ... I love it). They are an awesome company with great employees, authors, and books!

I am a fan of hardcovers, but I did recently get a Kindle... It hasn't "turned" me to the dark side of being physical-book-free... yet.

Comment

Hello all, as you can probably tell my name is Martin. I discovered Cemetery Dance in 1998. My first limited edition ordered was Legacies, and no that experience did not scare me away. The first limited edition I received was Ed Gorman's The Poker Club which I received from CD when Legacies was delayed. Once I had that book in my hands I was hooked. I collect limited editions from a variety of authors and publishers. I enjoy discovering authors I have not read before, I am currently enjoying Hell Hollow by Ronald Kelly.

Comment

Siep here.
          Constant (KING) reader since 1975, but love and collect many authors, mostly horror, fantasy and science fiction.
          I've been teaching for all of my working life; first eleven years in Canada (Beautiful B.C.), the rest in my native country, the Netherlands.
          Over the years, this hasn't become any easier, but it's still an awesome job - wouldn't exchange it for anything different.
          Besides Stephen King, I enjoy the movies of Stanley Kubrick and voice of Barbra Streisand.

sk

Comment

Hello All,
            Pleased to meet you, my name is Chris. I'm an avid reader of every genre, from horror to fantasy. I've been collecting books for most of my life, limited edition books since I bought the Grant edition of Wolves of the Calla. I like videogames, photography, music and movies. My wife, who also happens to be my number one interest, is getting into collecting as well, which makes it easier for me to spend money on books. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community. It's always fun getting to know new people.
            -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
            gamertag : calason

Comment

Hi. My name is Dave and I've been a SK fan ever since I was given a paperback copy of The Stand back in high school. My fist King S/L was Six Stories. For a long time I was only keeping up with my collection of trade firsts (I have all of them) but a couple of years ago started collecting S/L versions in earnest. I have a pretty good collection but by no means complete.

My other book collecting interest is Arkham House publishing. I was introduced to Arkham House by what was an offhand reference by King in Danse Macabre. About 10 years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a large AH lot (about 50 books), and used that as a stepping stone to further collecting. I have some real gems in my AH collection.

I own several Cemetery Dance publications--some bought directly from CD and some bought on the secondary market. Maybe 8 or 9 total. They are all very nice.

Other interests? I'm a huge sports fan. Sports makes up about 95 percent of my TV viewing. I also am an afficianado of Asian film. I have about 850 DVDs on my shelf, more than half are Korean, Chinese/Kong Kong, or Japanese. I've seen well over 200 Korean films.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Also I know it's a bit weird given where I work, but I'm not really all that into this genre of book. Robert Jordan, may he rest in piece, has been one of my favorite authors for years, and I just generally love the fantasy genre.

-Dan

Dan, if you get CD to start tapping the fantasy market, you will be my new best friend!!! Not that "that" will get you much, maybe a BFF t-shirt!!!

Comment

Ok,

My name is Brad and I have been a fan of fantasy,sci-fi/horror fiction for over 30 years. It started with Lord of the Rings when I was 11. First horror title was Pet Semetery and there was no going back. I have lifetime subscriptions to CD, LRB and Night Shade Books. Now that I have three sons (6 and under), I am even more grateful for the LT deals because extra cash is virtually non-existant. Outside of the three presses mentioned, I do love Subteranean Press titles when they fall into the fantasy genre. I have great admiration for the effort and dedictation that the CD staff has in developing quality selections in both title/content and production values. They are second to none!! With the cost of the kids, my misc. collecting is mostly limited to George Martin, Steven Erikson, and some Dan Simmons.

Comment

Hello, the name is Geoff. I visit a lot of forums under the current user name which are usually horror related. I've been collecting books since about 2000, and it started with King. My favorites to collect are King, Bradbury, Lansdale and Gaiman. Plus many others. I've bought one heck of a lot of CD titles through the years so that's why I'm here.

btw, to the person reading Hell Hollow - that is a great book!

Comment

I just completed the first section of Hell Hollow and so far I have to agree, Hell Hollow is a great book!
                      Originally posted by Cutter View Post
                      Hello, the name is Geoff. I visit a lot of forums under the current user name which are usually horror related. I've been collecting books since about 2000, and it started with King. My favorites to collect are King, Bradbury, Lansdale and Gaiman. Plus many others. I've bought one heck of a lot of CD titles through the years so that's why I'm here.

btw, to the person reading Hell Hollow - that is a great book!

Comment

My name is Robert. I am still new to collecting books, but have been able to get a hold of a little over 50 CD books so far (with a few others that I have preordered) since first discovering CD when Blockade Billy was announced on the Stephen King website, along with a few from a couple other publishers.

I am a fan of a wide variety of genres, but horror has been my favorite lately. Stephen King has been my favorite author for a while, but have discovered many new authors (new to me at least) through Cemetery Dance. A couple of my new favorites are Douglas Clegg and Brian Keene. I have a few books from Simon Clark and Bentley Little that I still have to get to.

I also like to write (but haven't done enough of that lately) and hope to actually become a published author one day.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                          I also like to write (but haven't done enough of that lately) and hope to actually become a published author one day.
                          We're gonna have something cool on the amateur writer front here in the next week or so. I can't tell you what it is yet, but it'll be something that I personally think will be really cool, but then again it was my idea
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Great, look forward to finding out what it is. I'm sure it will be cool. And just because it's your idea doesn't always mean you would think it'd be cool, I know I've have ideas that I thought were not very good before, lol. I must say that I wish I worked somewhere like Cemetery Dance, but that'd be difficult to do from Minnesota
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Tom Wise. I like spook books.
                              P.S. Mindy is the best CD employee, she takes care of customers that have a hard time reading instructions.

Comment

Working...
                              X