PDA

View Full Version : ZVR: This Means War!

Dan Hocker
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
An Exciting New IDW Signed & Slipcased Limited Edition!
Very Affordable and Only 250 Signed Copies Will Be Printed!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_conner01.jpg

Hi Folks!

Today we’re very pleased to announce that Cemetery Dance has been chosen as the official distributor for IDW Publishing’s exciting new line of signed Limited Edition hardcovers! These Limited Edition books have low print runs (just 350 for this first title), high production values (slipcases, full color artwork/printing throughout), great contributors (most of whom are signing the books), and an incredible low prices for this sort of publication!

The first book in this line is an incredible anthology called Zombies vs. Robots: This Means War!, which is set in the world of the ZVR comic! Collectors who snag a copy of this book through our online store will be the FIRST collectors notified about future Limited Editions we’re distributing for IDW, so don’t wait because these are not going to last long with these very low print runs, high production values, and IDW’s rabid fan base!

About the Book:
ZVR: This Means War! takes IDW’s splatterific Zombie vs Robots comic book series—created by writer Chris Ryall and artist Ashley Wood—and expands it in ways that will redefine both zombie and robot fiction.

A shambling cohort of top horror and fantasy writers from across the globe have devoted themselves to making evocative word-pictures in your brain of this delicious cult series. This special volume features the Brain-Eating Talents of Jesse Bullington (The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart, The Enterprise of Death), Nancy Collins (Sonja Blue, Swamp Thing, Vamps), Lincoln Crisler (Despairs & Delights, Magick & Misery), Brea Grant (Dexter), Robert Hood (Immaterial), Nicholas Kaufmann (Chasing the Dragon), James A. Moore (Vendetta), Norman Prentiss (Invisible Fences), Rachel Swirsky (“The Lady Who Plucked Red Flowers Beneath the Queen’s Window”), Steve Rasnic (Bram Stoker Award Winner), Rio Youers (End Times), and Jeff Conner (editor/World Fantasy Award Nominee).

This special edition features the signatures of these contributors: Jesse Bullington, Nancy A. Collins, Lincoln Crisler, Brea Grant, Nicholas Kaufmann, Joe McKinney, James A. Moore, Yvonne Navarro, Norman Prentiss, Rachel Swirsky, Sean Taylor, Steve Rasnic Tem, with ZvR co-creator Chris Ryall and editor Jeff Conner.

ZVR: This Means War! is the perfect book for readers who enjoyed World War Z, Robopocalypse, and Zombies vs Robots.

Cemetery Dance Publications is proud to be the official distributor for this brand new deluxe Signed & Slipcased Limited Edition, which is a steal at just $60, so we don’t expect copies of this beautiful FULL COLOR special edition to last long!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_conner01)

Dan Hocker
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
I forgot to make an announcement / discussion thread for this last week, so since it's announced already I'll just post all the info in the "discussion" thread.

Grant Wootton
04-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Sweet, got myself one of these ;)

Tito_Villa
04-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm waiting for the one with a story by Rio Youers :)

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I jumped when I saw IDW.I thought this was a joint effort with CD but just found out from Dan that it isn't.Still looking so forward to this.The comic series is great.

Teriw
04-02-2012, 06:19 PM
This one didn't interest me much and not due to the lack of SK but because zombie's vs Robots sounds umm...I don't know what word I am looking for. I'm sure someone else agrees and might know what I am trying to say. The word stupid comes to mind but that's an awfully vague word. It's like someone had no original idea and just said Frig it lets throw zombies and robots together. Kind of like King Kong Vs Godzilla.

Dan Hocker
04-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I jumped when I saw IDW.I thought this was a joint effort with CD but just found out from Dan that it isn't.Still looking so forward to this.The comic series is great.

It's a joint effort in the sense that CD will be the only people selling the book. IDW is producing it and we are selling it for them.

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
GOTCHA.:cool:

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Well stupid is better then hate.:rolleyes:
This one didn't interest me much and not due to the lack of SK but because zombie's vs Robots sounds umm...I don't know what word I am looking for. I'm sure someone else agrees and might know what I am trying to say. The word stupid comes to mind but that's an awfully vague word. It's like someone had no original idea and just said Frig it lets throw zombies and robots together. Kind of like King Kong Vs Godzilla.

Teriw
04-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Well I can't say I hate it if I haven't read it.

peteOcha
04-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm still on the fence about this one. More so for the early heads up on other IDW offers.

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Jump off and order.And then start posting your collection:p

Grant Wootton
04-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Jeez Pete, you're not safe anywhere are ya mate ???? :p

srboone
04-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Stay off the fence, Pete. Typically when you fall off, it's on the wrong side and it ends up really hurting...;)

peteOcha
04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Lol, can't post anywhere now.:) Ok, ok, I have a 5 day weekend coming up where I should have some time to snap pics and post so I'll get on it.:) After spending some quality time with the little guy of course.

bookworm 1
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Of course the little guy comes first.Then as they say in Saratoga..............IT'S POST TIME;)

Grant Wootton
04-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Lol, can't post anywhere now.:) Ok, ok, I have a 5 day weekend coming up where I should have some time to snap pics and post so I'll get on it.:) After spending some quality time with the little guy of course.

Dave1442397
04-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Implausible genre-mixing was what came to mind for me.

A: Why would zombies care about robots? They can't eat them or bite them and turn them into zombies.
B: Why would robots care about zombies? If the robots wanted to take over, wouldn't they prefer that the zombies ate more people?

I'm not a zombie genre fan anyway. Give me a good vampire story any day.

bookworm 1
04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
You guys are killing me.Just find an old issue and read it.It is just a story..don't think to much.Sometimes escape into unreality is good.This comic series was.

Teriw
04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I like even my highly impossible stories to at least sound plausible. Robots - Plausible even Zombies - Plausible or at least sound plausible, theres always an explanation. but Zombies VS Robots, I'm gonna have to agree with Dave on this one.

bookworm 1
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
:p...................:D

Grant Wootton
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM
But we could all jump on board for Star War Zombies, right ????? :p

Teriw
04-04-2012, 11:01 PM
At least its plausible

srboone
04-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Works for me! Plausability Schmausability! It's all implausable, but the best writers present the implausable as plausable, making it easier to suspend disbelief.

peteOcha
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Ewok zombies for the win! :)

bookworm 1
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
The thing is.ZvR is about fighting over humans not really each other.Both want to take over and destry the last of human kind one for food one for control.Well More copies for me if I want them.Besides it means like The Passage and Pure I get first shot at other IDW titles.:p So there!!!;)

Dave1442397
04-05-2012, 03:04 PM
The thing is.ZvR is about fighting over humans not really each other.

OK, so it should really Zombies and Robots vs Humans :)

As I said, I'm not really into the zombie stuff. The only zombie movies I liked were Shaun of the Dead, which cracked me up, and 28 Days/Weeks Later. Zombie books have never been my thing.

bookworm 1
04-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Have you read Keenes zombie books.Movies Original Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead.++++++

Grant Wootton
04-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Zombies rock !!!! Albeit, cautiously, cos bits of them fall off if they move too suddenly or too quickly :p

bstee
04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
28 Days...Later...was that the zombie movie where Sandra Bullock caught zombism in rehab?

Dan Hocker
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Uggg, couldn't stand 28 weeks later, aside from the fact that the girl sitting next to me nearly tore my arm out of the socket. I felt it was so predictable, and the characters in it where kinda dumb.

Teriw
04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
I liked it...but when I watch a zombie movie I dont expect it to be unpredictable or have smart characters since they rarely ever do.

bookworm 1
04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
:confused::p
I liked it...but when I watch a zombie movie I dont expect it to be unpredictable or have smart characters since they rarely ever do.

Teriw
04-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Why you confused BW? said exactly what I meant.

Grant Wootton
04-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Why you confused BW? said exactly what I meant.

But some are smart, right ?????

Tito_Villa
04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
28 weeks was rubbish apart from the opening scene at the farm house, that was epic!

Brian James Freeman
04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I can't comment on the Limited Edition itself yet since they haven't shipped, but I've heard very good things about the production values they have planned. Jeff Conner, a name *long* time collectors will remember, is in charge of these for IDW and he's been great to work with.

Brian

bookworm 1
04-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Cool. This just gets better.

BrianS
05-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Anything new on this?

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Anything new on this?

I should be getting an update from the publisher this week!

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
They are waiting on one last person to sign the signature sheets and then the books can be bound.

bookworm 1
05-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Super Super Super.:cool:

calason
05-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Then you really wouldn't like the ":Zombies vs Robots vs Amazons" series IDW did. I personally love them. Good, implausible stories with great artwork!
I like even my highly impossible stories to at least sound plausible. Robots - Plausible even Zombies - Plausible or at least sound plausible, theres always an explanation. but Zombies VS Robots, I'm gonna have to agree with Dave on this one.

srboone
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm gonna wait for Zombies vs. Lilliputians on Crack. The Zombies won't stand a chance. How can you fight something you can't that's movie at 900 miles a second?

bookworm 1
05-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I would buy that comic too.No guys this series was great.This book will be to.Look at the list of authors.Very nice indeed.
I'm gonna wait for Zombies vs. Lilliputians on Crack. The Zombies won't stand a chance. How can you fight something you can't that's movie at 900 miles a second?

paperdragon
06-04-2012, 11:06 PM
So are you guys still the ongoing distributor for IDW's ZVR prose books as I saw there is a new one being solicited and no word about it here, unless I missed something.

Zombies Vs Robots Z-Boyz In The Robot Graveyard

bookworm 1
06-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing.The new book is written by John Shirley and I received an e-mail from BMB but have held off waiting to here from CD.
So are you guys still the ongoing distributor for IDW's ZVR prose books as I saw there is a new one being solicited and no word about it here, unless I missed something.

Zombies Vs Robots Z-Boyz In The Robot Graveyard

Brian James Freeman
06-05-2012, 12:10 AM
We'll be distributing the signed Limited Editions for IDW. No one should have announced the signed editions for the new titles, although doesn't mean a store didn't jump the gun since everyone gets the same number of copies as they ordered for the first one!

Brian

BrianS
08-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Any update on this one? (posted same question regarding V Wars)

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Any update on this one? (posted same question regarding V Wars)

We received a finished copy this week, will post an update next week with some photos!

Brian

bookworm 1
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Great news.When will other titles be offered up? Some places are already offering a 3rd title.I am waiting for you guys to offer them since I ordered the first 2 through you.

Brian James Freeman
08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
First photos posted here:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/zombies-vs-robots-this-means-war-limited-edition/

Brian

bookworm 1
08-20-2012, 08:34 PM
This book looks great.Love the end papers.Can not wait to get this in my hands.

bookworm 1
09-25-2012, 08:24 PM
:cool:

Brian James Freeman
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Great news.When will other titles be offered up? Some places are already offering a 3rd title.I am waiting for you guys to offer them since I ordered the first 2 through you.

Finally got this added, sorry about the wait!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_shirle01

Brian

bookworm 1
09-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Thank you CDCC. Ordered and waiting.:)
Finally got this added, sorry about the wait!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_shirle01

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Thank you CDCC. Ordered and waiting.:)

Ah, so you must have used one of those handy discounts, eh? :)

Brian

bookworm 1
09-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Guilty as charged.:D
Ah, so you must have used one of those handy discounts, eh? :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-26-2012, 02:13 AM
Guilty as charged.:D

Excellent!

Menace
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
got my email saying this was shipped.. can't wait to see it..

Martin
10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
My copy is scheduled for delivery on Saturday.

Brian James Freeman
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Hope you guys like this one, I think IDW did a great job on them. The slipcases turned out a little tighter than I would have liked, but they're addressing it for future projects! Live and learn is pretty much the name of the game when it comes to book production.

Brian

bookworm 1
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
The book is awesome.When I get done with this post I am posting pictures in my collectors thread.I do not mind the slip case at all.Come on they included a pb reading copy who can be mad at that.Great job guys.